What did we get / do for Christmas

Join the chat in this forum to discuss less serious topics.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

What did we get / do for Christmas

Post by paddyl90 »

Well I got a few things this year just another 2 Essendon t-shirts making it 20 or so I have and a couple of Wii games and other little necessities that are basically filler pressies. We did our last night (Christmas Eve) with all the family around then went to church last night well this morning at midnight mass. Slept in til 12 coz Christmas day to me is boring coz we do nothing but we went for a drive down the peninsula through Rosebud, Rye, Sorrento and Portsea etc. Was a nice christmas :D Another family get together tomorrow.

Anybody else care to share how they spent their Christmas and what presents they got whether good or bad?

Merry Christmas :wink:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Ate, drunk and got merry. :D :shock:

Now I'm feeling really fat and bloated. :(

I'm having a nightcap of Dalwhinnie single malt, then off to the cot to be well rested for the cricket in the morning.
nmgilbert
On the Rookie List

Post by nmgilbert »

Lol, my 19 year old cuz got a blender - it wasn't his mum's best effort!
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I think I scored a few extra kilos.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

My wife and I hosted 100 people at our house for a massive family gathering for lunch/dinner
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Lucky old you.

We had 7 over,plus house Dog and 1 lunch guest.

Nice and Quiet on a LOUSY STINKIN' DAY.

We have a Roster system,where you only buy 1 present,drawn from the hat.

I got -

THE GREATEST COLLECTION of HUMOROUS SPORTING QUOTATIONS EVER.

Aka - The Bowler's Holding The Batsman's Willey.
by Geoff Tibballs.

I went to the ABC Shop(How unusual) and Gave -

2 DVD'S of EWEN McGREGOR and CHARLIE BOORMAN'S Motorcycle Travels spanning the world over.Well,most of it.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

We canned presents years ago. Just the quiet old lunch with the immediate family was the order of the day - for me, whilst nursing a behemoth hangover after the night at the institution that is Christmas Eve at the Skinny Dog. Oh, and watched Chevy Chase's Christmas Lampoons for perhaps the fifteenth time - another Christmas institution, that one.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The SKINNY DOG?My God Jimmy,whilst staying with Family friends,that was my local a few years back.

So was their family skinny dog(little Aussie Terrier called Mitch)wandering the streets of KEW.Probably caught the 42 Tram for all I know.Thankfully he reached Doggie Heaven,nice and quietly.So I heard.

A young lass who works at my local will be over SD way shortly to see her folks.Nice lass,who supports,...us of course.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

well i didn't go home this year due to work, so just stayed at home and had lunch with girlfriends friends family

i got a 360 game, James Head - reading the play book, Bombers stubbie cooler, $100 value credit card and 6 laps behind the wheel of a V8 supercar at wakefield raceway :D
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

I got a David Gray CD, Frog statue and Baboushka doll from the boyfreind (Seem like strange gifts, but they were perfect for me), bracelet, earring and necklace off my mother, I-pod speaker system and a heap of great clothes from my father, Simpsons movie from the brother and a pair of training thongs off my sister as I can't walk in thongs. They are fantastic! They still hurt at the moment though because I'm not used to walking in them.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

keri wrote:... and a pair of training thongs off my sister as I can't walk in thongs. They are fantastic! They still hurt at the moment though because I'm not used to walking in them.
"training thongs":?:

Where do they hurt? 8)
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

If Keri is anything like me, they rub like a mofo between your big and second largest toe and wear a really sore red spot :(

AND if you're not a regular wearer, and you get cheap ones the ones you're getting at can rub a bit too if you're not careful ;)

I dont wear either of them.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

It is OK F111 I got the joke!!

I got a pair of Arnettes, EFC Tumbler, set of quality kitchen knives, bottle of dewers, 1l bottle of bundy, tatts pack, sanity gift voucher, a pair of thongs (footwear) with a stubby opener on the bottom, pair of golf shoes, couple of DVDs, half a dozen bottles of red, some Burberry London (Manfume) and me and the missus got a deep freezer...

On the day we went to a shit pub for lunch which was shit but we only went cos no one could be farked cooking for everyone. The pub was shit as stated but the food was OK.

Today I am going to the Taste of Tassie for a few beers and some fine food and will go for a walk along the docks and check out the yachts that are already in.... Happy days!!
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Got the Office and Extras DVD's (amongst other stuff) so it's been a Ricky Gervais fest in my house the last few days.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Jazz_84 wrote:well i didn't go home this year due to work, so just stayed at home and had lunch with girlfriends friends family

i got a 360 game, James Head - reading the play book, Bombers stubbie cooler, $100 value credit card and 6 laps behind the wheel of a V8 supercar at wakefield raceway :D
Seems James Head might have a law suite on his hands as James Hird has a book called exactly the same thing :lol: :P
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Bomberdonnie I got the joke too but re reading my reply, it doesn't look like I did ;) "The ones you're getting at" was referring to the ones he was getting at, not the ones Keri was getting at ;)
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

And probably the one with the smallest aperture, Filth...
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Extra's season 1 and 2 plus a bunnings gift voucher