What A Carry On

Join the chat in this forum to discuss less serious topics.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

What A Carry On

Post by grassy1 »

Sorry Guys,I should have put this thread up earlier and now it’s probably finished,assuming it was on at 10.20PM Nationally,on 72.

I guess if you love a bit of Sid James,Kenneth Williams,Hattie Jacques,Joan Sims,Bernard Bresslaw,Barbara Windsor,Charles Hawtree,Kenneth Connor and the Merry Crew of Misfits and Buxom Wenches,you can always check it out on 7’s IView or whatever service they have on that score.

Starts soon in Perth,so I’m looking forward to it. :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: What A Carry On

Post by grassy1 »

Poor old Mayor Frederic Bumble(Carry On Girls).Always going around town with his Pants down. :lol:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Used to love watching these shows as a little kiddie. Used to get a good laugh...and a good gander :shock:
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Same here.

Watched a few lately.

Even Carry on England,where for once,you barrack for the good old Pom to Win and Carry On!

That was one Movie I still enjoyed,even with most of the regulars gone and it got panned.

Regulars included (Kenny)Kenneth Connor as Captain S.Melly(Smelly),who always seemed be Innit up to his neck.Never to be confused for a Nazi Paratrooper,mind you.

Joan Sims,as Jennifer Ffoukes - Sharpe.A soldier no man could possibly resist,not even a Tiger.A right Ball Squeezer!

Jack Douglas as Private Ready,unfairly labelled as trying to twitch his ticket,when rather he twitched a whole lot of Asprin.

Peter Butterworth,as Major Carstairs,always ready for a random one liner from a Superior Officer.

A notable Cast Member was Windsor Davies,who seemed to reprise his Sargent Major”Shuddup”Williams Role,from It Ain’t Half Hot Mum.Tiger to the Troops!A potential Love Interest to Ffoukes - Sharpe and a Ball Squeezer to boot!

As was Melvyn Hayes,another It Ain’t Half Hot Mum regular as Gunner Shorthouse.

Patrick Mower as Sergeant Len Willing and Judy Geeson as Tilly Willing also joined the Carry On Romp,amongst a few others.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Some of these still hold up.

Carry on screaming and Carry on up the Khyber were two of my faves. Carry on Jack and "Follow that Camel" are also excellent. They actually spent a bit of money on these and they look good (unlike carry on camping and carry on at your Convenience which look cheap).

I always wanted to see Carry on Cleo which used the same set as the Burton/Taylor Cleopatra epic.

Factoid - Bernard Bresslaw was 6'7" (2.1m) and Barbara Windsor was 4'10"(1.47 m) yet they appeared in a one shot in every movie they were in.

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/437412182540430623/
Last edited by s'dreams on Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

s'dreams wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:34 pm Some of these still hold up.

Carry on screaming and Carry on up the Khyber were two of my faves. Carry on Jack and "Follow that Camel" are also excellent. The actually spent a bit of money on these and they look good (unlike carry on camping and carry on at your Convenience which look cheap).

“Oh Dear,what can the matter be,....?” :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always wanted to see Carry on Cleo which used the same set as the Burton/Taylor Cleopatra epic.

Factoid - Bernard Bresslaw was 6'7" (2.1m) and Barbara Windsor was 4'10"(1.47 m) yet the appeared in a one shot in every movie they were in.

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/437412182540430623/
Miss Patricia Potter and Miss Easy Rider! :lol:

Ahh well,Guys!

If you seriously need a good laugh,check out the old Telly Guide for Sunday Night on 72,put the feet up on the couch and try not to nod off,you golden oldies! :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Looks like it’s finished,Darn it!

Unless it’s on after Miranda?!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Carry on Crusing is on right now grassy!
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:56 am Carry on Crusing is on right now grassy!
Ahhhh,missed you saying that!

When and what Channel was it on? #-o
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:15 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:56 am Carry on Crusing is on right now grassy!

Sunday… but I forgot the channel. Was just surfing when I came across it…
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:34 pm
grassy1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:15 pm

Sunday… but I forgot the channel. Was just surfing when I came across it…
Probably one of 9 or 10’s offshoot network channels!

If it was the ABC,who was the Movie Buff who ran the whole series in its entirety(except Carry On Emmanuel)?It wasn’t David Stratton.