No Doubt/Gwen Stefani

Join the chat in this forum to discuss less serious topics.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

No Doubt/Gwen Stefani

Post by grassy1 »

Having not really followed the career of the Band and it’s eventual Superstar Gwen Stefani(having turned 51 yesterday),perhaps this is one for her fans,of the FM listening Genre.

How good were they?How good was she?

I ask this,because they are currently hosting Rage,understandably much of it featuring their own work.

As of 2.45 Perth Time,having heard two recognisable songs including Hey Baby,perhaps my Triple J and occasional Commercial FM listening syndicated Melbourne Programs to 92.9PMFM in the late 90’s,you think Geez,I wondered about how familiar these songs sounded.

I wasn’t just an old AM Fart afterall,moaning about Current Affairs and Sports Stories gone Bad!

Mind you,I was never really a Concert goer,so maybe I am an old square afterall!Having said that,I recognise It’s My Life!The closest I ever got maybe to hearing her Music Live was POSSIBLY through Perth Cover Band Kiss and Tell on Friday Nights,though the memory of those years 20 years back get a little hazy,even though the boozy weekends have dropped off markedly through time as well.Chance would be a fine thing! :roll:

It might be a touch sexist asking ladies,but was she admired by the girls in the main?I’ve enjoyed Her and her Band’s Music this morning,No Doubt for sure! :wink:

And by the way,given it’s still Saturday in the USA,Happy Birthday Gwen!

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Thanks for entertaining your’s truly and jogging the fading musical memory of an old AM Radio Fuddy Duddy!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: No Doubt/Gwen Stefani

Post by grassy1 »

Now it’s Gwen with a few more,featuring Eve like Rich Girl and What You Waiting For?

Hoolaback Girl?!

Geez,I recognise her Music more than I thought.But I guess all those years of listening to Triple J and Triple MMM sent back to Perth May well have rubbed off!

But who played Gwen’s Music mainly?Was it Judith Lucy and Ian Rogerson(was it Ian?)?Did Mick and Tony(or Martin/Molloy)?Maynard F Sharp Crabbes from Triple JJJ?Spillane and Rogerson(with Michael Dorn intro)doing Hard Coffee?

And whatever happened to Maynard anyway?Last time I saw him was doing some Wacky Kids Gameshow,probably 20 years ago.Is it me,or did Maynard bear a slight resemblance to Mike Myers? :lol:

Back to Rage,Gwen’s with Slim Thug performing Luxurios,following another familiar sing,which slipped by me,I’m sorry to say.

Perhaps if I refer To the Rage Playlist from this weekend,it’ll really come flooding back to me,reviving the really dormant memories!

I think I’d better get out more often maybe! #-o

Too much bloody Sport in my Life,I guess!

Sorry Roy and HG,but sometimes too much Sport is Really Enough!

Now Gwen’s singing The Sweet Escape!

My Pub’s just had a Touch Up,where Kiss and Tell used to play in that particular Bar.Might just ask around,but again,I start with the Ladies of should I say Ahem,......my Vintage.Though I must add,not quite that much Vintage!Not just yet anyway! :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Hang on a sec,before I finish and try and tear myself off to bed,as opposed to falling asleep in the bloody Couch AGAIN,the Sing playing now is Quite Apt!

Four in the Morning!

Not yet,but it soon will be!

#-o :roll: :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Just to really confirm today was a Blast from the past,I stumbled on to the Family Ties Episode where Aunt Trudy Dies!

Bit of a Tearjerker that one,given how that sweetie Mallory loved her!

Again,I wasn’t a Family Ties Tragic(Suuuuurrre,I hear you all say! :lol: ).But this episode really stood out one I kept bumping into in some way or another and staggeringly this is The Episode I keep bumping into!Watching how everyone deals with Trudy’s passing,particularly a very Distraught Mallory,well portrayed by Justine Bateman.

Gee,the memories really are flooding back today.Quite apt given,I’m all Footied out!Almost,if you don’t count NRL! :-"
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

C’mon guys/ladies.

Feel free to share a few memories from your past! :D

No need to spill your guts,like I have mind you! :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Please?