Guess The Celebrity....

Join the chat in this forum to discuss less serious topics.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Guess The Celebrity....

Post by Rossoneri »

John Ritter was the natural cause one. Had a heart attack.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Is #1 a young Vic Morrow, who died whilst filming twilight zone?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Speaking of people dying on set, I was looking it up and up popped Budd Dwyer, or something like that. He was a Pennsylvanian Senator who was being charged. He called a press conference, handed everyone a 20-page statement of an update on his proceedings, handed 3 envelopes to his staff (one a suicide note, the other an organ donor card and one other), then shot himself in the mouth on live TV. Hoffic scene
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:Is #1 a young Vic Morrow, who died whilst filming twilight zone?
Correct!

Tragically dies with 2 young girls on set when a helicopter crashed. I'll leave the graphic descriptions out...
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:Speaking of people dying on set, I was looking it up and up popped Budd Dwyer, or something like that. He was a Pennsylvanian Senator who was being charged. He called a press conference, handed everyone a 20-page statement of an update on his proceedings, handed 3 envelopes to his staff (one a suicide note, the other an organ donor card and one other), then shot himself in the mouth on live TV. Hoffic scene
That is a very haunting experience. I don't recommend anyone viewing that footage. Very disturbing.

His motive to doing this was that he was still "in office" the day before his sentencing. This enabled his wife and family to receive any monetary benefits and state provided pension.

I can't believe they continued filming without flinching.
Essendunny
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Speaking of people dying on set, I was looking it up and up popped Budd Dwyer, or something like that. He was a Pennsylvanian Senator who was being charged. He called a press conference, handed everyone a 20-page statement of an update on his proceedings, handed 3 envelopes to his staff (one a suicide note, the other an organ donor card and one other), then shot himself in the mouth on live TV. Hoffic scene
That is a very haunting experience. I don't recommend anyone viewing that footage. Very disturbing.

His motive to doing this was that he was still "in office" the day before his sentencing. This enabled his wife and family to receive any monetary benefits and state provided pension.

I've always knew this story, but never saw the footage until today. I expected it to stop before he pulled the trigger, but it showed pretty much everything. It's probably something that will stay with me for a while yet.

He's last words were pretty much "Please leave the room if you think this will affect you."

Christine Chubbuck is another one. Shot herself while reading the morning news live in Florida. She said "In keeping with Channel 40's policy of bringing you the latest in blood and guts, and in living color, you are going to see another first — attempted suicide." and then went ahead and did it.

She had written in her script a third-person account of her own suicide, disturbing stuff.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

dom_105 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

I've always knew this story, but never saw the footage until today. I expected it to stop before he pulled the trigger, but it showed pretty much everything. It's probably something that will stay with me for a while yet.

He's last words were pretty much "Please leave the room if you think this will affect you."

Christine Chubbuck is another one. Shot herself while reading the morning news live in Florida. She said "In keeping with Channel 40's policy of bringing you the latest in blood and guts, and in living color, you are going to see another first — attempted suicide." and then went ahead and did it.

She had written in her script a third-person account of her own suicide, disturbing stuff.
I've seen all sorts of stuff over the years, but this particular footage gave me a chill. I remember this happening at the time and they showed it on the news (edited). But I have since seen the unedited version and it really is disturbing.
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendunny
Mick
On the Rookie List

Post by Mick »

1. Premier of NSW Nathan Rees
2. Premier of Queensland Anna Bligh
3. Premier of Tasmania David Bartlett
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mick wrote:1. Premier of NSW Nathan Rees
2. Premier of Queensland Anna Bligh
3. Premier of Tasmania David Bartlett
Well done!
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Jesus, Mick. How the hell would you know who those muppets were. You should get out a bit more!!! :D :D :D
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Mick
On the Rookie List

Post by Mick »

rockhole wrote:Jesus, Mick. How the hell would you know who those muppets were. You should get out a bit more!!! :D :D :D
I knew number three and Google did the rest.
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Mick wrote:
rockhole wrote:Jesus, Mick. How the hell would you know who those muppets were. You should get out a bit more!!! :D :D :D
haha I thought number 3 was Tony Jones... Look at those chompers!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Mick wrote:
What rocky said... :lol:
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Hmmm the premier of Tassie isnt bad!!! :P :wink:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Complete guess on the last one -

A Young JIMI HENDRIX?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote:Complete guess on the last one -

A Young JIMI HENDRIX?
Incorrect.

Not a bad guess though....
Essendunny
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Middle one looks like Ashton Kutcher :mrgreen:

Mrs M, you're welcome to Bartlett :D
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

1. Van Morrison? Looks like a poor Irish youngster from way back..
2. ??? Immediate thought is Roddy McDowell, but I'm confident Prince is right. It's not McDowell, as his eyes aren't quite right. McDowell won't fit in with musical stuff either, unless Clockwork Orange soundtrack is included in that. He does have an English school boy look about him though?
3. Prince.