Great Movie

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Great Movie

Post by hillchaser »

Saw a movie after work yesterday. Slum Dog Millionaire ! and was blown away but the colors the music, the story. Take my word for it - just go see it while you can still see it on the big screen. Will win an acedemy award for sure !

Be interested to hear if anyone else has seen it.
Madden
Club Captain

Re: Great Movie

Post by Madden »

Saw it a couple of weeks ago. Loved it. Its an epic.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Just on the subject of movies, i saw Frost/Nixon last night and quite enjoyed it. Not quite as dour as it might've otherwise been (in fact, it's deliberately humorous in parts), and a rather enjoyable movie about an interesting piece of political history.

I'll probably go see Slum Dog Millionaire some time in the next week or so.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Funny. I actually saw Frost Nixon the week before and thought it was a very good movie as well. A very small movie in terms of scope but great characters especially Frank Langella as Nixon.

In that genre I saw a great movie 2 years ago called "Bobby" as in Bobby Kennedy. If you like Frost Nixon you will love Bobby. Didn't get much attention at the time but you can still hire it.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

i thought frost nixon was good, but a bit dry...really got to be into politics to enjoy it. made me hate nixon all over again though.

hired a good doco the other day at the video shop.. missed it when it was at the movies. "forgotten lies" aussie made about a fraudulent author.
excellent, and if your at the video shop worth getting.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

hillchaser wrote:Saw a movie after work yesterday. Slum Dog Millionaire ! and was blown away but the colors the music, the story. Take my word for it - just go see it while you can still see it on the big screen. Will win an acedemy award for sure !

Be interested to hear if anyone else has seen it.
Is this in English or Indian?
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I saw Frost / Nixon yesterday, it was absolutely fantastic as well. Think that it will probably win Best Picture over Slumdog.

It really is a great time to see good movies (as opposed to the rubbish that is on for the rest of the year). Will have to catch The Wrestler, Gran Torino and Milk over the next month or so.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Last Movie I saw in MELBOURNE was the Monday Double at THE ASTOR.

DIRTY HARRY and BULLIT!Great night in a Grand old Place.FINALLY!
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I think those who have seen the movie will enjoy this - the final dance scene:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nh4qxLaxO4M&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nh4qxLaxO4M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Staggering movie!! Absolute eye opener re the streets of Mumbai. (not the ones shown in the Bollywood style flick)

I would imagine the residents of Mumbai would be a little upset at the warts and all depiction of their city and some of its inhabitants.

Must see!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

How 'bout a WARTS and ALL Look at Life on the The CONNEX Line/s? :roll: