VCE may continue however...

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

VCE may continue however...

Post by Gatsid »

My school days are officially over :D. Whilst I'll miss the mates and the teachers and all the good things of school life I seriously am so excited and over the moon that it's finally all over and now all I have to worry about it knuckling down for just over 2 weeks until High school really is all over. Yay :D :P
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

It's the best feeling in the world! I finished on Monday, and although i have exams still to go, it's soooooooo good not having to go back to that place!
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

Well Done Guys
i finished last year and it was the best feeling ever!

but a year on, a year in the workforce... School Beats Work! Your mates are at school and all the hoo harr that went with it.

But anyways guys, good luck with exams, and may you have many (alcoholic) beverages.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

vingertje... Hoorah! It is a good feeling. Well done.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

For those hoping to do a Commerce degree next year you can now look forward to 12 hours a week for the next 3 or 4 years!

Congrats, now get off here and start studying for exams!
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I cannot wait for EXAMS. I'm hoping for an enter score of 65 or above. I think I can get there.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

What subjects is everyone is year 12 doing?

I'm doing:

English, Chemistry, Biology, Maths Further and P.E.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

English, Media, IPM, International Studies and VET Fitness
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

English, Biology, Maths Further, P.E. and Japanese.
Had my Japanese oral yesterday, and i'm soooo glad it's over. It was the worst thing i had to do throughout the whole year!!
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Good luck to all of you sitting VCE exams. Hope you all do well.

Meanwhile, I need to draft my PhD thesis (80,000 words) between now and Christmas. Anyone want to swap?
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Congratulations to all that have finished. (although you are not finished just yet...)

Being quite serious though, go real hard for the next few weeks. Count down the days, hours etc until it is all over if that motivates you. But give it everything you've got from now till the end, it really is worth it. The feeling you get when you walk out of your last exam is that much better if you know that you really gave it everything you had.

So congratulations, and good luck. :)
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Finished classes today. Going out tonight.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Congratulations guys. I finished up last year and while it was sad, it was the best feeling to know that its mostly all over. Good luck for exams.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I just want to say to all of you guys and girls doing this year VCE.

If you guys dont go as well as you would have hoped (god forbid), it aint the end of the world. A mate of mine got 48 and is now doing his masters in psychology.
Another example, myself.

I did ok in year 12, and got into electronic engineering. Half way through my course (after failing a few subjects) I decided it wasnt for me, so I tried to change into commerce. Couldnt get in, so I went back to TAFE and completed my advanced diploma in accounting. Now im about to finish commerce at uni and go on to do my CA (or CPA, havent decided) and currently work in a business-accounting firm, and im still 23. My point is, just because you dont go so well at your first attempt, it is by no way the end of the world. Many people think that by doing poorly in year 12, your life is over. At the end of the day, your marks is just something that some like to brag about. When you go for a job, most employers dont give a f*** about your score, they look at your character and if you went to uni or TAFE (depending on your line of work you want to get into)

But you guys wont have to worry about that because you guys seem pretty intelligent.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

..... And to follow on from Rosso's point RE "the number" you get, the chances are you'll be asked "your number" about 300 times between when the results come out and first round teritary offers come out, and after teritary placements come out, you might get asked again 10 times in your life. Since uni placements came out i think i've been asked my ENTER score maybe 3 or 4 times. Point is, it don't mean shit once the real game starts, and 'the real game' is whatever you choose as life after school, be it a teritary path, full time work, apprenticeships or whatever.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Yeh its good to hear that. Like I know alot of emphasis is placed on the ENTER, and even though I'd still like to get into my course straight off its good to know there are still opportunities and so forth. Big thanks to everyone for being supportive, anyway I should be off here and back in the books have a good night guys.

PS: Jimmy mate we need you playing Fantasy Cricket next season, make sure you check it out and atleast see what you think ;) :D.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Yeah, there just seems to be so much pressure placed on the ENTER. I'm applying for a few courses for next year that couldn't give a rats arse about your ENTER, and they go on how much you appreciate the course you want to do, and not just do it because you have the score to get into it
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Having read all advice that others have given and agreed to it.

I'd still just encourage anyone to just f****** bust a gut over the next few weeks. It's worth every bit of work that you put in.

It's really only a small sacrifise for a long term gain.

For those doing Further I did it last year quite well although not as well as I set out for. What killed me was three little mistakes that were just careless and stupid. 1 was reading the question wrong, 1 was trying to be to clever for my own good and not just going with the simple answer and the last one was multiply 7x8 as 65 rather than 56. Going into the exams I had the No.1 ranking in my school and 100/100 for my SAC marks. These three little careless mistakes dropped me from the perfect 50 which I was aiming for, to a 45. One of my best mates got 95/100 as a SAC mark and No.3 ranking, aced the exam and got a 49.

Just keep checking your answers, no matter how many times you've done it. If you still have time left do the paper again. Even if everyone else has left the exam room, just don't make silly mistakes like I did!

Good luck, and enjoy the break when it's all over.

P.S. If anyone wants I've still got detailed exam notes and some practise essays I did on Border Crossing, The Curious Incident and Gattaca. Just PM me if you'd like them.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Good luck for exams!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

jimmyc1985 wrote:..... And to follow on from Rosso's point RE "the number" you get, the chances are you'll be asked "your number" about 300 times between when the results come out and first round teritary offers come out, and after teritary placements come out, you might get asked again 10 times in your life. Since uni placements came out i think i've been asked my ENTER score maybe 3 or 4 times. Point is, it don't mean shit once the real game starts, and 'the real game' is whatever you choose as life after school, be it a teritary path, full time work, apprenticeships or whatever.
You guys are right on the money. My TER (entrance score) was 99.2. What does that mean? NOTHING. Has anyone ever asked me what I got (job related)? Nope. Plenty of friends have asked, but that has nothing to do with the real world.

Good luck guys. I'm sure you'll all breeze through :)
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant