The dirt on Rudd has started.

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
Filthy

The dirt on Rudd has started.

Post by Filthy »

Is there anything lower than these bastards running Canberra? They are like the mafia. Say anything, do anything....

For you Staggy:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ ... 77067.html

Rudd's wife linked to leak probe

Latest related coverage
Powder in Rudd's office 'false alarm'
'Gutless' Howard gags debate
No one escapes the Obama drama

February 14, 2007 - 3:08PM

Federal police have been asked to investigate a leak of confidential information about a company owned by Labor Leader Kevin Rudd's wife.

The Bulletin magazine this week reported allegations that WorkDirections, an employment placement company owned by Therese Rein, had been investigated for potential fraud by the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations (DEWR).

An unnamed DEWR investigator told the magazine that the department was compiling a dossier on WorkDirections and had launched at least six investigations in the past 12 months.

In a statement, DEWR spokesman Jeremy O'Sullivan denied any dossier existed and the leak appeared to be an unauthorised and unlawful disclosure of commonwealth information.(Now where would that have come from I wonder)

"The Department of Employment and Workplace Relations is investigating this matter, and is referring the matter to the Australian Federal Police, in accordance with relevant commonwealth guidelines," Mr O'Sullivan said.

"Accordingly, it would be inappropriate to make further comment at this time, as to do so may prejudice any subsequent AFP investigation or legal proceedings.

"The department rejects any suggestion that it is compiling 'a dossier' on WorkDirections. The department does not compile 'dossiers' on any providers of Australian government employment services.

"The department readily acknowledges the strong cooperation it has received, and still receives from WorkDirections management in any compliance-related activities."

Mr Rudd's office told The Bulletin that WorkDirections had voluntarily repaid almost $300,000 after detecting irregularities at two of its branches, and that three staff had subsequently resigned.

But that was a fraction of the millions of dollars repaid by other employment services, including those run by the Salvation Army and the Wesley Mission, following an audit by DEWR.

Low dogs.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

My request to post the links was to post just the links so we are not overwhelmed by text, but i do appreciate the effort, I think :)

This will only be the tip of the iceberg in terms of dirt on Rudd. Wait till they get all the employees that he flicked from the old 'Dr Death' days.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Hey Filth

I like all the text...(it saves me having to do an extra key stroke or two to upload the link :wink: )

But seriously, I have found that I read most if not all of the posts that have the text but tend to skip a lot of the links. (Don't know why but maybe it's got something to do with those extra key strokes again :-k )

This one caught my attention though as I work for a company like Work Directions and it is not unusual for DEWR to ask for some payments to be repaid.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

Staggy wrote:My request to post the links was to post just the links so we are not overwhelmed by text, but i do appreciate the effort, I think :)
Staggy, I don't mind links but when Filthy makes the effort to outline and comment the text it is to increase readability and strengthen his point, this improves the post IMHO. No problem with that.
Red and Black Forever
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gee wizz, getting desperate aren't they. They have to find a way to cut down his good image! Latham was easy....he gave them plenty of ammo to shoot him with. Beazo was just a cream puff, was soft and had no real impact. Rudd on the other hand......he's causing them some headaches, if not, migraines. You can almost see the sweat appear on their brow.

I hope they keep digging.....just maybe they end up digging their own graves.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

spikefan wrote:
Staggy wrote:My request to post the links was to post just the links so we are not overwhelmed by text, but i do appreciate the effort, I think :)
Staggy, I don't mind links but when Filthy makes the effort to outline and comment the text it is to increase readability and strengthen his point, this improves the post IMHO. No problem with that.
Thanks Spike but I don't mind doing it for Staggy...he's alright!! :wink: