Covid

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Covid

Post by grassy1 »

If what is happening currently can be called that.

I know you have 5 or 6 Million population and Covid19 is a right Bastard folks.

But FFS,why are things getting worse? :roll: :-&
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by BenDoolan »

Facts are, Victoria is at the same rate of positive cases as the entire nation - 0.3% of all tests conducted. More tests means more positive cases. Simple as that.

Eg...as of 28/06/2020

VIC 776,792 tests = 0.3% positive cases
WA 174,330 tests = 0.3% positive cases

I could display all states and territories, but you get the gist.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yeah I get the gist,but Damn it looks bad your way!

Keep yourself bloody healthy,ok?!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:49 pm Yeah I get the gist,but Damn it looks bad your way!

Keep yourself bloody healthy,ok?!
All good 😎
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Just hope the AWFULL Commission don’t Spit it,if the AFL season goes to complete Shit and tell the State Leagues in WA and SA to stop in grounds of Health and Safety,looking completely two faced and Ridiculous in the process.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Facts and stats.

VIC has the 2nd best ‘positive test rate’ with the highest testing program in the country.

But lock us down and lock us out 😎👍🏼

https://covidlive.com.au/
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I’d rather here in WA right now mate.

Anchorage looks appealing with it’s 19 Hour Days,.....maybe.

Does Genghis Khan Still Rule Mongolia?There’s bugger all cases there,........maybe?, :roll:
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I think Victorians and Australians generally stuffed up and became cavalier with social distancing. The economy was opened up too fast.. Dan’s government stuffed up by being contrary as to who should be used to guard the quarantine hotels and in having no oversight of the practices used by the private security firms that did do. I think when we went into round 1 there was a sense of relief because at that time was unknown as to the spread. Round 2 is infuriating because we had come so close to elimination.

I can’t see any other way round this but for our entire country to go into full hard eradication lockdown. The only was to stop more spread is stop or extremely minimise people physically interacting. If the virus cannot spread to other hosts only then it dies.

Close the borders permanently until the world case load goes down and there is a vaccine. Those returning need to be truly isolated in quarantine station areas like French Island.

What we see now in Victoria will inevitably happen again here and in our the other states. A short amount of pain now will be rewarded if we go for eradication like New Zealand did. We can be basically self sufficient in most things. Then we can operate as an Australasian bubble with the Kiwis. Let’s revive the ANZAC spirit. This virus is raging across the world. Australia and NZ have the advantage of being islands.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

It might do MH,but for now in WA we are just taking things steadily one step at a time.

The next easing of restrictions has been put on hold until August 1st.Should make it a few more weeks,if only to keep those filthy weagle bastards off the street and the Hell away from me! 8) :lol:

And we’ve got our Borders Shut Tight!If only to keep Bloody Clive Palmer out of the State! :twisted:
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

We thought it had gone Grassy1 or so low we didn’t have a worry. Fact Is it wasn’t and I am reasonably sure it’s not gone from WA or the rest of Australia it’s not gone.

I fear we had our chance to lock it out very early in the piece before it got here and we went for the short term.

I am afraid New Zealand had the right idea and we should have followed lowed suit. The question is can they keep it out until mass world vaccination?

The trouble with the vaccination effort will be the whacky world of anti vaxxers. They will stuff it for everyone. Let’s hope there will be a vaccine.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Hopefully the anti Vaxxers are so far in the minority,that the only ones they’ll f*** up is themselves!

You normally wouldn’t wish bad things on your worst enemies,but if they insist,.......
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

The f***wit PM wasn't particularly supportive of ongoing Vic iso. Business wasn't supportive, individual members of the public have not been supportive, security companies have taken the money and not done their job, families have continued to congregate, idiots are still trying to cross borders, find "excuses" for doing what they want...etc, etc, etc...we are a mini USA. The number of f***tards here might not be as many as they have, but they're here and dangerous nonetheless.

Has anyone been to a Covid 19 party lately? Check this out...morons galore. https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/ ... ovid-party

No matter how good a government is, they're up against a myriad of idiots out there that think they know better.

Not safe around kiddies....
.https://youtu.be/SnBtOPUMyqU
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yep.

This is doing the rounds...
Before we get too hung up on blaming the state govt, or the federal govt, or China for our covid situation let’s review some facts :

1. We had to bring in mandatory quarantining in hotels, because we couldn’t trust people to stay home after returning from overseas.

2. We then had to bring in security, because we couldn’t trust people to stay in those hotels.

3. We then had to bring in ADF, because we couldn’t trust the security guards not to have sex with those in quarantine in the hotels.

4. We had to get police to door knock and check up on people, because we couldnt trust those who were meant to be self-isolating to actually stay at home.

5. We also have to have police and ADF reinforce the metropolitan melb zone and state borders, because we can’t trust people to follow the restrictions.

6. We are now being asked to use masks, because we cannot trust people to social distance when they are in public.

7. Through it all, our supermarkets have had to introduce shopping restrictions because we couldn’t trust people to not to take more than what they needed.

So we can get as mad as we want at politicians or health officials for imposing restrictions, or the country where the virus originated ..... but essentially it’s our own fault that we find ourselves here.

Too many people aren’t willing to think of others rather than just themselves. Selfishness and lack of empathy seems to be as much of a disease as covid itself.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

grassy1 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:50 pm Hopefully the anti Vaxxers are so far in the minority,that the only ones they’ll f*** up is themselves!

You normally wouldn’t wish bad things on your worst enemies,but if they insist,.......
You haven't been around Byron Bay then?

We have idiots who try to set fire to mobile phone towers ... because they think there is some world conspiracy run by "lizard people" to control the population.

We had idiots in the recent door to door covid testing who refused citing some facebook conspiracy to clone a secret army (as if they would even be considered as prime genetic material)

We have had enough morons in one place who elected both Pauline Hanson and Malcolm Roberts to the senate (and he actually believes the above things)

I really don't think that you can really under-estimate the GNS (Gross National Stupidity) of people in Australia.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Sounds Dangerous,says I having watched a lot of Shitscared(plus D Gen)in the past couple of days! :lol:

Gee s’dreams.I always thought Byron Bay was an idyllic place to put your feet up after retiring?I didn’t think people up that way bothered thinking about such crazy ideas,but it sounds like they do. #-o :roll: :-&
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

F111 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:41 pm The f****** PM wasn't particularly supportive of ongoing Vic iso. Business wasn't supportive, individual members of the public have not been supportive, security companies have taken the money and not done their job, families have continued to congregate, idiots are still trying to cross borders, find "excuses" for doing what they want...etc, etc, etc...we are a mini USA. The number of f***tards here might not be as many as they have, but they're here and dangerous nonetheless.

Some businesses or lines of business in particular seem to care more about the money,than the health of people and with breathtaking Arrogance!

Flight Centre and AHA big boys have been named and shamed on Crikey!You don’t see things like this come to light in News Limited or Fairfax(really 9 now)publications.Fairfax journos on 9 Radio in Perth(6PR)act like Crikey don’t exist and continually push the Open the Borders mantra,giving succour to so called Western Australians like the now retired Cormann,Porter and now Madam Cash!

Jesus!Spare Me! #-o :roll: :-&

Has anyone been to a Covid 19 party lately? Check this out...morons galore. https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/ ... ovid-party

No matter how good a government is, they're up against a myriad of idiots out there that think they know better.

Not safe around kiddies....
.https://youtu.be/SnBtOPUMyqU
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I suppose I should know the answer already to this question,but are people ducking stupid or what?

Did the woman who took a test,then had a day trip to the Gippsland area,know she had to self isolate for a period of time,even if she thought she was negative?

FMD,what was she thinking?She wasn’t obviously!As a result,several businesses in the Gippsland area have decided to Shut down IMMEDIATELY!That’s the effect of one person,who even if negative,clearly didn’t think and/or couldn’t care less to at least Wait until her Test Result came back 1st and negative at that!

Jesus,what is with some people?! #-o :roll: :-& :evil:

(There is another potential prime Wally in New South Wales,but I’ll put that in the New South Wales thread,once I get the full picture of his travels).
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yes, imbeciles like that just wander around aimlessly, probably get on Twitter, and blame “Dictator Dan” for everything...
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

It seems like a whole lot of folk in Victoria are wondering around town in breach of quarantine,Ben.

It isn’t getting any better right now and 484 new cases yesterday,hit the disastrous heights! :-& :-& :-& :-& :-&
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

2 days now of decreasing numbers, praying tomorrow is a 3rd day of decreasing numbers and maybe just maybe we have the effects of stage 3 starting to take effect.
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals