Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 27180
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by BenDoolan »

🍩 🍩 🍩 🍩 🍩 🍩
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!
User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15956
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by F111 »

Hope you're all well. ;)

NSW are relative novices at the hard lockdown. How do you think they'll go using this guideline?


https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-16/ ... /100296684
A 'commonsense' approach?

Discretionary retailers are still able to keep trading because the NSW government has not defined what is considered "essential" work.

It is entirely subjective (or ambiguous) under the state's COVID regulations. In effect, almost every retailer is "essential" if they want to stay open during the lockdown.

"It is so, so difficult to have a precise rule for every single thing," NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian told reporters on Tuesday.

She made those remarks a day after NSW recorded 112 new coronavirus infections – the highest daily number from any state this year.

"That's why we rely on common sense [and why] we rely on people to respect the intent of the health orders as well as the letter of the health orders."
User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 27180
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:21 pm Hope you're all well. ;)

NSW are relative novices at the hard lockdown. How do you think they'll go using this guideline?


https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-16/ ... /100296684
A 'commonsense' approach?

Discretionary retailers are still able to keep trading because the NSW government has not defined what is considered "essential" work.

It is entirely subjective (or ambiguous) under the state's COVID regulations. In effect, almost every retailer is "essential" if they want to stay open during the lockdown.

"It is so, so difficult to have a precise rule for every single thing," NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian told reporters on Tuesday.

She made those remarks a day after NSW recorded 112 new coronavirus infections – the highest daily number from any state this year.

"That's why we rely on common sense [and why] we rely on people to respect the intent of the health orders as well as the letter of the health orders."
f****** piss weak leadership. Goes with the f****** piss weak leadership of the Prime Minister.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 10163
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:50 pm
F111 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:21 pm Hope you're all well. ;)

NSW are relative novices at the hard lockdown. How do you think they'll go using this guideline?


https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-16/ ... /100296684
A 'commonsense' approach?

Discretionary retailers are still able to keep trading because the NSW government has not defined what is considered "essential" work.

It is entirely subjective (or ambiguous) under the state's COVID regulations. In effect, almost every retailer is "essential" if they want to stay open during the lockdown.

"It is so, so difficult to have a precise rule for every single thing," NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian told reporters on Tuesday.

She made those remarks a day after NSW recorded 112 new coronavirus infections – the highest daily number from any state this year.

"That's why we rely on common sense [and why] we rely on people to respect the intent of the health orders as well as the letter of the health orders."
f****** piss weak leadership. Goes with the f****** piss weak leadership of the Prime Minister.
Not far behind is the f****** Piss Weak ability of the Media Morons who back these 2 in,to admit they’re WRONG!
User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15956
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by F111 »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:50 pm
F111 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:21 pm Hope you're all well. ;)

NSW are relative novices at the hard lockdown. How do you think they'll go using this guideline?


https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-16/ ... /100296684
A 'commonsense' approach?

Discretionary retailers are still able to keep trading because the NSW government has not defined what is considered "essential" work.

It is entirely subjective (or ambiguous) under the state's COVID regulations. In effect, almost every retailer is "essential" if they want to stay open during the lockdown.

"It is so, so difficult to have a precise rule for every single thing," NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian told reporters on Tuesday.

She made those remarks a day after NSW recorded 112 new coronavirus infections – the highest daily number from any state this year.

"That's why we rely on common sense [and why] we rely on people to respect the intent of the health orders as well as the letter of the health orders."
f****** piss weak leadership. Goes with the f****** piss weak leadership of the Prime Minister.
The Prime Minister for NSW that is. :-k
User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15956
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by F111 »

Andy McGrath was at the rugby, tier 1 exposure. Covid undetected but in 14 days iso.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 10163
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by grassy1 »

F111 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:04 pm Andy McGrath was at the rugby, tier 1 exposure. Covid undetected but in 14 days iso.
Aren’t ALL the boys in Iso,F111?
User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15956
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by F111 »

In their bubble I expect.
User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15956
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by F111 »

I think the AFL is fighting a admirable battle but I fear the season is close to over😮
grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 10163
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by grassy1 »

......or temporarily suspended.

Problem is,they’re such nice chaps,they’ll over reach elsewhere and request out of touching concern for our Health and Safety,that Our Show Must STOP!Not Go on,...... :evil:

The SANFL May tell ‘em to plain f*** OFF,if those bloody furniture removalists hadn’t put them in Lockdown! #-o :roll:
User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15956
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by F111 »

Some discussion on C7 news re the future. Images of crowds compacted at entry and in seats.

They need to improve the distancing for seating and to stop funnelling the whole crowd out at the same time. Even with a small crowd it’s far to close.
User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15956
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by F111 »

NSW will do another 4-5 weeks in lockdown I reckon. Lucky if it’s only 3 weeks.
Last edited by F111 on Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 10163
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by grassy1 »

Unfair on those Screaming at Glad and Co to properly address this matter.

To those who shared her Government’s Blasé attitude to the whole bleeding thing,.......Told You So!
User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15956
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by F111 »

Gladiator Gladys has a fight on her hands using the "common sense" approach. I think she's rapidly coming to the conclusion that it only takes a minority to stuff up some decent ideas.
User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 27180
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by BenDoolan »

Thread title needs an update to #6

How's Gladys going? Fkng reprehensible leadership.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 10163
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:10 pm Thread title needs an update to #6

How's Gladys going? Fkng reprehensible leadership.
Who?

Her?Rupert?Craig?Parrot? :roll:
User avatar
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player
Posts: 1343
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:36 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:10 pm Thread title needs an update to #6

How's Gladys going? Fkng reprehensible leadership.
Who?

Her?Rupert?Craig?Parrot? :roll:
Mrs Herz, Mrs HERZ!!! As she goes hurtling down the stairs :lol:

You’ve done it to me again! Got me thinking about that damn movie now I can’t get it out of my head. Far out. And on Friday the 13th of all nights haha.

Misquamacus seeks revenge by imposing his rebirth in the neck of Tandy. “PANA WITCHY SALATU” which translates to “my death foretells my return”. Spooky stuff.

You must have seen it before. You keep triggering me!
User avatar
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend
Posts: 27180
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by BenDoolan »

How’s NSW going? Deadset F****** pathetic leadership there. They have finally gone into full lockdown as numbers are out of control. Announced in the most cowardly, gutless way - Twitter.

FRO Gladys.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon
Posts: 10163
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Re: Victoria’s 2nd Covid19 Wave?

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:02 am How’s NSW going? Deadset F****** pathetic leadership there. They have finally gone into full lockdown as numbers are out of control. Announced in the most cowardly, gutless way - Twitter.

FRO Gladys.
How is Rupe’s Dunnypaper masts looking now as well?

They have changed their tune now,but after backing Glad to the hilt,they must feel like Complete and Utter ********!Without admitting it of course! :shock: :roll: #-o :evil: :-&
User avatar
F111
Essendon Legend
Posts: 15956
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Victoria’s 6th Covid19 Wave?

Post by F111 »

Yeah, they're struggling. I'd love to know what the consecutive advice to the gov from their CHO has been.

I suspect she's been pushing for much tighter lockdown for a while, but the decision makers have stuck fat with their conservative belief that keeping as much open as possible is best for the economy. d'oh! Too much input from the PM probably too.

They had a template of sorts from the Vic experience and in the face of the delta type from which they had plenty of opportunity to learn was more dangerous, they chose to ignore all and rely on the good will, understanding and common sense of their population. FRACKWTIS the lot of them.
Post Reply