A TOP 5!!! EVENTS THAT STOPPED YOUR LIFE......

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
Piaffe
Top Up Player

Post by Piaffe »

1. 9/11 - Couldn't believe it and knew what was to come because of it.

2. Princess Diana - Not just because she was such an amazing person but because she finally found someone who loved her back with all their heart.

3. Recent bush fires in VIC. It came half a kilometre from our house near Mt. Buller. I raced up and got all the personal things that can't be replaced and left ASAP. Having family and friends still living up there and not leaving was a worry also.

4. The night I lost my father to his smoking habbit and cancer.

5. An extreamly upsetting 3 days while I was overseas getting a call that my fiancé was missing in Iraq and the worst place in Iraq, Ramadi. Was a false alarm.
sexy slatts
Top Up Player

Post by sexy slatts »

1: The birth of my son. After all the bad things i have (will) listed have happened with in a 9 year time frame i should add a happy one. Was a great pregnancy, only 2 days over, no complications apart form pre-eclampsia, and i only had a 2 hour and 59 minute labour so thats pretty good i think.

2: The death of my brother. Getting called out of social science on a thursday morning to go home and get a call from my dad in melbourne is a day that i will never forget.

3: Port Arthur. Was living in tassie at that time and lived around the corner for martin, had seen him on heaps of occations. His mate was dating my best friend around the time of the shooting.

4: Waking up one morning to my ex yelling to get dressed and get outside. My dad had been hit by a car while crossing the road and to see him laying there still sends shivers down my spine. I still cant handle seeing a ambulance drive past me.

5: Babysitting my newphew for the first time and watching turn blue while having a fit.

Not all so nice but they have been major life changing times for me. I will always know where and what i was doing when they happened.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

in no particular order...

1. 2000 GF, was around for 93 but to young to remember
2. Bali Bombings
3. Winning my first premiership in footy
4. Death of very close family member
5. Makybe Diva, 3 in a row!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

In no particular order

9/11 Just got out of surgery with my then GF now wife sitting next to me still coming down from serious sedatives.... Very very surreal experience watching this shit happening whilst drooling like a baby only being able to hold one eye open!!

Birth of my little man... He is a gun... Of course he is you say he is my boy!!

2000 GF first premiership that I was so drunk that I had to buy the video for the Monday to watch it again so that I could remember it :-)

1999 Champions League Final... Ole is still my favourite player... The looks on those German wankers faces still settles me when I get pissed off at something... Priceless!!

1999 Cricket World Cup... All of it!!! Makes this years one look like an elongated suburban cup!!!