Carlton Draught

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Carlton Draught

Post by bomberdonnie »

Gotta say I am a little surprised how good this is!!!!

Being a Tassie boy there is only two types of beer for me in Cascade and Boags.... boags Premium being the greatest beer on the planet.... bottoms up!!!!

Last night I was at the bottlo and I saw carlton draught on "special" at $34 so I thought I would give it a shot...

Gotta say you Vics dont make a bad drop!!!

Can you tell I have had a few already :P
RAMS
Top Up Player

Post by RAMS »

It's not a bad drop, although if I had to choose I'd take either of your Tassie beers over it any day.

I'm actually having some of the new Crown Gold out of curiosity and they're not too bad for a midstrength.
Save me Jebus!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Yeah dont get me wrong it is not up with the drop of the Gods that we produce down here but it is seriously not too bad!!!

My mate from Burnie isnt talking to me he thinks I am..... and I quote.... a '"Faggot!!"

lol
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

The timing of this post is quite humourous given that today I experienced one of my worst hangovers ever (and I'm a reasonably regularly drinker) thanks to consuming jug after jug of Carlton last night. I guess I should realise with a name like Carlton it was always gunna leave me with a nasty, sick feeling.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

The Carlton goes allright. It's my weapon of choice at Daisey's on a Thursday night.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Most Australian beer is shite. Probably why it is so cheap.

People have to start drinking real beers. Corona

Micro breweries in Scotland make better beers.

We needs to bring Tennents back out here and we also need a better cider than Strongbow which is ok but not up to the standard of Ireland's Magners and Bulmers.

Another good one we actually get here in Kronenburg 1664.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Good Beer = Coopers, Reschs, Carlton, Corona, Stolle, Sam Adams, Asahi, Tiger.

Shit Beer = Fosters, VB, Crown, XXXX, West End, Becks, Budweiser.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

i dont mind carlton premium dry stubbies and last night hade quite a few pure blondes, i dont them. and the missus even drinks the blondes
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Yep, Carlton Draught is a good quality, cheap tap beer. Infinitely better than most other run-of-the-mill tap beers such as Tooheys New (vomit), VB et al.

Sapporo is the Japanese equivalent of Carlton Draught in terms of its ubiquity, and it's great - i commend it to people. Everyone thinks Asahi is where Japanese beer starts and stops, but i think Sapporo is better.

By the way, Corona = pretentious faggot beer. Tastes like water to me and i can't for the life of me work out why seemingly everyone is so hooked on it. People must like having little wedges of lemon hanging out of their bottles, which is silly given that it's only there to keep the flies away. Conclusion: if you drink Corona with a slice of lemon/lime annexed to the bottle indoors (i.e. there's no flies to keep away), you're a fag.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:By the way, Corona = pretentious faggot beer. Tastes like water to me and i can't for the life of me work out why seemingly everyone is so hooked on it. People must like having little wedges of lemon hanging out of their bottles, which is silly given that it's only there to keep the flies away. Conclusion: if you drink Corona with a slice of lemon/lime annexed to the bottle indoors (i.e. there's no flies to keep away), you're a fag.
Spot on. Can not understand the fascination with this so-called beer.

Its a metrosexual poof drink, what the likes of Ian Thorpe would drink.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Yep, Carlton Draught is a good quality, cheap tap beer. Infinitely better than most other run-of-the-mill tap beers such as Tooheys New (vomit), VB et al.

Sapporo is the Japanese equivalent of Carlton Draught in terms of its ubiquity, and it's great - i commend it to people. Everyone thinks Asahi is where Japanese beer starts and stops, but i think Sapporo is better.

By the way, Corona = pretentious faggot beer. Tastes like water to me and i can't for the life of me work out why seemingly everyone is so hooked on it. People must like having little wedges of lemon hanging out of their bottles, which is silly given that it's only there to keep the flies away. Conclusion: if you drink Corona with a slice of lemon/lime annexed to the bottle indoors (i.e. there's no flies to keep away), you're a fag.
Well said Doc...

Corona is a shit tasteless beer no better than Powers Ice IMO

Never understood the lemon concept either

Personally if I want to taste a good beer I will go Coopers if I want the best premium beer I go Boags Premium if I want a good boutique beer I go Moo Brew Pilsner if I want a good imported beer I will go for Crownies :lol:
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

bomberdonnie wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Yep, Carlton Draught is a good quality, cheap tap beer. Infinitely better than most other run-of-the-mill tap beers such as Tooheys New (vomit), VB et al.

Well said Doc...

Personally if I want to taste a good beer I will go Coopers if I want the best premium beer I go Boags Premium if I want a good boutique beer I go Moo Brew Pilsner if I want a good imported beer I will go for Crownies :lol:
Agree with the above sentiments. Plenty of the European beers are highly over-rated also. Many drink them due to the false sense of feeling 'trendy'. Sad really.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

danstar84 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:

Well said Doc...

Agree with the above sentiments. Plenty of the European beers are highly over-rated also. Many drink them due to the false sense of feeling 'trendy'. Sad really.
A good example of this is Stella... People here think it is trendy and cool to drink it yet in the UK they call it Wife Basher due to it being the drink of choice for bogans over there
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Everyone has their own tastes.

I don't mind Corona but there is better, mostly other international beers. I'm not one too have lemon in them either.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Agree on Corona sentiments. Same as a lemon Bacardi Breezer basically.

Love Carlton as my cheap beer of choice and tap beer. It's much better on tap than from a can/bottle. It absolutely shits on VB which is basically cat piss.

Other local favourites: Boags, Cascade Premium, Coopers. Don't mind Pure Blonde's to watch the waistline and have straight away after playing footy.

Internationals: Favourite would have to be Kronemberg 1664's. Absolutely brilliant. Don't mind a Nelsom Mandela or a Tiger. Can easily drink Heineken's all night and have been known to have a few Peroni from time to time!
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

CUB beer is disgusting. Crap aftertaste & bad hangovers. A friend of mine brews the crap & he doesn't care much for it. Tassie beers are quite good & Coopers not bad. Sapporo isn't too bad, prefer it over Asahi.

Coronas & Mexican/Spanish beers all seem similar in taste. Don't care for them, but can drink easily.

Prefer a lot of German beers. Go down well, no horrid aftertaste, & I seem to pull up ok the next day. Some dodgy wheat beers, but in general better than the rest. Plenty of boutique beers that have more taste & go down better than most popular beers.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

robrulz5 wrote:Everyone has their own tastes.

I don't mind Corona but there is better, mostly other international beers. I'm not one too have lemon in them either.
Spot on. We now have a tremendous variety of beer to chose from and as long as it is served icy cold in a frosty glass, I can't say I've ever met one I haven't appreciated.

My poison of choice is the much maligned VB. Unfortunately there is less and less of it available on tap. I can't say I've noticed any difference in hangovers.

I love Mountain Goat, brewed in Melbourne and will always try to support local breweries where possible.

I always try to drink the local brew wherever i go and am always on the lookout for something new and different.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

forgot to mention beez neez.. not a bad drop and i have had a drop of red duck. i think its victorian
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

boags premium is the best tasting beer for having a few.

if you are after something with character im a big fan of coopers dark.

best named beer i have had would be a beer called "piss" i particularly liked the light version "piss weak" :D
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

DYSON#2 wrote:forgot to mention beez neez.. not a bad drop and i have had a drop of red duck. i think its victorian
Ugh I really can't stomach Beez Neez, really really struggle to enjoy it.