Buy in gloom

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

And the carnage continues !
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

And continues !
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Like lambs to the slaughter.....or is that RAMS to the slaughter :lol:? Imagine doing 75% of your dough in 3 weeks.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Give it 2 months....re-enter end of October
How can i wait till October... This is like oing shopping at Dimmeys. I can barely contain myself ... a big part of me wants to jump straight in right now !

Then I think .. what if we have another day like this tommorow !
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Read a couple of the example articles on the sight but everything looks to be password protected for subscribers. Is there any free article you can navigate to .. that you can recommend. On the other hand if you had an extract of something recent that you be good to .. I can arrange a trade..

For the record .. is there are free site to get a chart of the asx 200 for September the 11 .. I wouldn't mind having a look at that in more detail.

Thanks again Filthy and yes i resisted the temptation.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Filthy wrote:Remember that the markets are superstitiously afraid of Sept/Oct (Crashes of 29 & 87 etc)....
That's an interesting one and like you say, the "October fear" really is superstitious.

I read an article recently that traced the monthly movements of the Australian sharemarket all the way back to 1929 and over that 77 year period, October is actually a very average month - there are 5 worse months and 6 better ones. If you take out the ~40% fall in October 1987 as a statistical outlier, October would be the 4th best month out of the 12 per year.

For memory, the three worst months historically were September, March and February, in that order. January and July were the two best months.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Post by hillchaser »

Thanks Filthy. Much appreciated !