Keri, Royza, Col, Cam, TMFBL etc etc

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Arrgh! Moshtix is selling the tickets, I'm on their damn mailing list and I still didn't know about it.

Sheesh!

Booked!
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Did like The National - their singer reminds me of a singer from a little known American band from the mid-eighties, 'The Nails'.

I'm not sold on Dappled City; good enough music & musicians, but their sound just doesn't grab me. I need to hear a song that grabs my attention & unfortunately, I haven't heard one yet - any suggestions?

Did like the sound of that Elvis Perkins though...... and great name to boot!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

CameronClayton wrote:Did like The National - their singer reminds me of a singer from a little known American band from the mid-eighties, 'The Nails'.

I'm not sold on Dappled City; good enough music & musicians, but their sound just doesn't grab me. I need to hear a song that grabs my attention & unfortunately, I haven't heard one yet - any suggestions?

I dont know The Nails, so I may have to investigate.

On Dappled Cities, I would recommend you start with Vision Bell. It's probably my favourite song of the year. It's also available on a new compilation called Purple Sneakers which is a great collection of tracks that they play at the Sydney alt/rock club of the same name.

Yep, got to love Elvis Perkins, he has a very interesting background with his father being Anthony (Psycho), and losing his mother in one of the planes that crashed into the WTC.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Will check 'em all out soon. Had to spend some love setting up the new PC the last few days. & Have to wait until the end of the month to get the Broadband back up to speed.

Trying to organise my Interpol tickets with other mofos as well.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

I just bought two tickets to interpol, and if I can convince someone to come with me, all well and good, if not, then I'll go by myself.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

robbie67 wrote:
CameronClayton wrote:Did like The National - their singer reminds me of a singer from a little known American band from the mid-eighties, 'The Nails'.

On Dappled Cities, I would recommend you start with Vision Bell. It's probably my favourite song of the year. It's also available on a new compilation called Purple Sneakers which is a great collection of tracks that they play at the Sydney alt/rock club of the same name.

Yep, got to love Elvis Perkins, he has a very interesting background with his father being Anthony (Psycho), and losing his mother in one of the planes that crashed into the WTC.
Don't mind Vision Bells but not mad for it; it may grow on me but generally I know whether I love a song after hearing it a couple of times. Just to give you an insight on what songs I'm hearing now that I'm liking (& I'm completely dependent on JJJ up here in the musical backwater that is known as Darwin) are:
Architecture in Helsinki - Debbie
Art Brut - Direct Hit
Saboteurs - Hands

Just as an aside on The National, are you aware they are touring in January? They are doing a show in BrisVegas while I'm visiting my wife's rellies, so I might check them out. They are doing shows in Melb & Sudney also.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

CameronClayton wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

Don't mind Vision Bells but not mad for it; it may grow on me but generally I know whether I love a song after hearing it a couple of times. Just to give you an insight on what songs I'm hearing now that I'm liking (& I'm completely dependent on JJJ up here in the musical backwater that is known as Darwin) are:
Architecture in Helsinki - Debbie
Art Brut - Direct Hit
Saboteurs - Hands

Just as an aside on The National, are you aware they are touring in January? They are doing a show in BrisVegas while I'm visiting my wife's rellies, so I might check them out. They are doing shows in Melb & Sudney also.
At this stage, i will be seeing The National in Melbourne on the 18th. That will be confirmed tomorrow I hope. Like Architecture In Helsinki, the album is very good.