Mr Cameron Clayton

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Mr Cameron Clayton

Post by robbie67 »

I noticed Even listed as the support act for Grant Lee Buffalo. Is your brother back behind the kit, or do they have a ring in?
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

No that will be my brother Mat behind the kit.

How did the National gig go?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

They were great. Sound was a bit ragged early in the set, but improved as the gig wore on. I was surprised at how old they were. All well into their mid-30's. Excellent gig. Did you go to the Brisbane show?

So what's the story with Even? Is this a one off thing for a few shows, or can we look forward to some new recordings?
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Missed the National in Brissie; we had just spent a few days over on Nth Stradbroke Island & were a bit knackered when we got back, which was on the same night as the gig. Surprisingly they did 2 shows at the Zoo, so the first show must have been a sell out. Have not heard or read any reports on any of their gigs in Oz, so if you have got a link to any, I wouldn't mind reading up on it.

Even do have a new CD in the can, due for release March/April. Doubt they will get too much airplay now, as they may be considered past it by JJJ, but Caroline Tran still has a soft spot for them, so you never know - often all it takes is one catchy single.