What are you listening too.

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Re: What are you listening too.

Post by rama_fan »

robbie67 wrote:
rama_fan wrote:Pnau, Cut Copy and The Wombats would have to be my 3 biggest hits lately.

Listened to a bit of Stereophonics leading up to their concert gig in Melbourne last Friday night which was very very good.
And where the f*** have you been? Havent you finsished Uni yet?
No, no unfortunately not, which half explains my absense from here in patches.

Just struggling to find 24 hours in the day at the moment. In final year of Uni and under the pump to get assignments done, trying to do them now rather than in 3 weeks when my 21st Birthday is so at least they'll be written sober now. Trying to work to save money up to possibly go o/s next year. Trying to arrange internships at Sport Management companies next semester so have been going around dishing out resumes and been subsequently turned down by the likes of Ricky Nixon and co. Trying to plan my 21st party which all of you are invited to of course. Also my football team has had a cracking start to the year and as such competition for a spot is pretty high, so have been forced to train 3 times a week and try to fit in an extra couple of weights/running session to give myself the best chance to cement a spot. Not to mention the usual time wasting activities that i do that steal precious seconds off me.

So that's pretty much where I've been but Holidays are coming up so hopefully that will see more of me!

Was still at the Dome on Sunday.... very, very ugly.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Today on the bus.

Waltz - Elliot Smith
Becky - Be Your Own Pet
Not Even Jail - Interpol
Devil's Haircut - Beck
Shadowplay - Joy Division
Fame Empire - The National
Pharoah - The Church
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Hi everyone.

Sorry about the Panics Rob, I'm pleased that you enjoyed them, they are an outstanding act.

Like this thread.

The CDs I've been playing over the past week:-

J Mascis Live at CBGBs - An Acoustic set CD. Bloody brilliant

Eddy Current Suppression Ring - self titled - saw them at the BDO and have just bought their new one which I haven't heard yet. f****** awesome.

Future Of The Left -Curses!

Dan Kelly & The Alpha Males - Drowning In The Fountain Of Youth (Bit of a fave. Saw them at BDO 2007 and loved them)
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Haven't contributed much on the music pages for a while. Here's a few you may want to give a listen:

Death Cab for Cutie - I will possess your heart (singer sounds a lot like Pet Shop Boys, hope that doesn't put you off)
Santogold - Les Artistes (singer sounds a lot like girl from Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
Nick Cave- Dig Lazarus Dig (enough said)
Beck - Chemtrails (not a big Beck fan, so was a pleasant surprise - really like the drumming)
War King - Trial Kennedy (not sure of them, & you must like early U2, but I got a feeling they will be pretty popular)

And Robbie, if you get ABC2, Interpol live on Sunday morning at 11.30 am for half a hour.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

CameronClayton wrote:Haven't contributed much on the music pages for a while. Here's a few you may want to give a listen:

Death Cab for Cutie - I will possess your heart (singer sounds a lot like Pet Shop Boys, hope that doesn't put you off)
Santogold - Les Artistes (singer sounds a lot like girl from Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
Nick Cave- Dig Lazarus Dig (enough said)
Beck - Chemtrails (not a big Beck fan, so was a pleasant surprise - really like the drumming)
War King - Trial Kennedy (not sure of them, & you must like early U2, but I got a feeling they will be pretty popular)

And Robbie, if you get ABC2, Interpol live on Sunday morning at 11.30 am for half a hour.
Mrs67 is picking me up the new Death Cab album today, I have had the single for a couple of weeks, and really like it. I love their last two albums.

I have Dig Lazurus Dig, and like it so far. Have only had 2 listens though, and they were both interupted.

Have Foxtel IQ all set for Sunday. Cheers!!

I am going to have to sus out War King. A mate of mine has also recomended them.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Sorry Robbie, i got that arse about.

The band is Trial Kennedy & the song is War King. Melbourne band, singer has got a big, Bono type voice, could be a handy band to see live before they get too popular, if my musically radar is still in working order.

And the Beck song is a corker - bit of a show gazer, My Bloody Valentine type sound - very surprising
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I just downloaded Colour Day Tours by Trial Kennedy. Think it's quite good. War King and the Beck track you like are still not available on Itunes.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Try Limewire for the Beck song.

You can listen to the Trial Kennedy's new album on their Myspace page, although you can't download it off it as far as I know.

When you hear the singer's voice, you will know what I'm talking about. The whole band has a pretty big sound.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

CameronClayton wrote:Try Limewire for the Beck song.

You can listen to the Trial Kennedy's new album on their Myspace page, although you can't download it off it as far as I know.

When you hear the singer's voice, you will know what I'm talking about. The whole band has a pretty big sound.
Yeah, I have already picked up on the fact that the guitarist wants to be The Edge when he grows up. Do think it's pretty good though. I'm sure they have some "next big thing" hype somewhere in the near future.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

The first Window - Martin/Molloy
God of Wine - Third Eye Blind
Cave - Muse
Restless - Lighthouse Family
The Scale - Interpol
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

This morning on the bus:

The Rip - Portishead
I Know I'll See You - A Place To Bury Strangers
Fake Empire (live) - The National
Tessolate - Tokyo Police Club
Dead Sound - The Raveonettes
Run - Snow Patrol
Mistress Mabel - The Fratellis

Tonight I have been listening to the new National EP, The Virginian.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

On the way to work:

Mercy Seat - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Tesselate - Tokyo Police Club
Do You Realize? - The Flaming Lips
Creak - The Panics
Nature of the Experiment - Tokyo Police Club
I know I'll See You - A Place to Bury Strangers
Vision Bell - Dappled Cities

On the way home:

Comin Tonight - Martha Wainright
Colour Day Tours - Trial Kennedy
Golden Skans - Klaxons
Pace Is the Trick - Interpol
Ghosts - Ladytron
Aly, Walk With Me - Raveonettes
Hard To Explain - The Strokes
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

I'm going through a remix phase - the New Found Glory Fenix TX Goldfinger type stuff
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Indestructible..the new Disturbed album. Just bought it at lunchtime and I'm listening to it as I work.

Good follow up to Ten Thousand Fists
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Just caught the end of DIRTY HARRY - MAGNUM FORCE theme song on 990 Imformation Radio. :mrgreen: