The Official 2007 Election Thread

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

1% in the September quarter is quite high. When you combine that with the strong dollar effect that reduces the price of imports the number is even worse. The message is quite clear: stronger than expected inflation = likely rates increase.

Ironic but fair.
Red and Black Forever
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Paul18
Top Up Player

Post by Paul18 »

So how is going to be the next Lib PM?
Costello will be opposition leader and then get used up.
Turnbull will lose his seat.
Downer....well I can't take him seriously so why should anyone else.
Abbott a younger Howard and he just lost.
Brendan Nelson? pretty boy but can't run the army.
What do we think
'I get why the demons all fall in line with you. You're like Tony Robbins. If he was a big scary, Frankenstein looking... You're exactly like Tony Robbins.'
Spike
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

I think Howard's hopes just went up in smoke with the new inflation figures. He's dead set on the canvas atm.
Bombers till' I die
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:Left me scratching my head to BD. But the average voter wont worry about that. Howard will get a hell of a lot of the "last-minute" votes simply because when people who have absoloutely NO IDEA walk into their voting booth on polling day they will pick Howard. Why? Because in their eyes, better the devil you know.
Once again I think you make a good point. Historically that's been the case. It seems there needs to be a disaster to remove a government i.e high interest rates, high inflation, high unemployment, recession etc for the electorate to remove a government. Non of those conditions exist.
Maybe I spoke too soon. Those two are getting higher......
Essendunny
Paul18
Top Up Player

Post by Paul18 »

rates were low and people borrowed more and small increase have a bigger effect the more larger your loan is.
'I get why the demons all fall in line with you. You're like Tony Robbins. If he was a big scary, Frankenstein looking... You're exactly like Tony Robbins.'
Spike
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Let me Guess Bert.

CHAIRMAN KEV!

Probably worth a laugh if it's only a Joke,but with the LIBS getting THAT DESPERATE,....they should be FLATLINING.

5 INTEREST RATE RISES with 2 HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT CONTROL on their watch!

If that doesn't get 'em,a 6th will be it.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BERT wrote:
Filthy wrote:Image
Funny how the ALP have thrown more money out than the Libs.
The media beat has been very pro-Kev and anti-John. No matter what spin Filth and co. place on it.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Paul18 wrote:rates were low and people borrowed more and small increase have a bigger effect the more larger your loan is.
This is only part of the problem. Many people have leveraged their mortgages in "wealth creation schemes" having 2+ mortgages based on their equity. There will be a mass of forclosures in a what will become a declining market leaving a lot of these people with nothing.

One thing i'll never understand, why paymoney to someone for a "wealth creation" seminar? If the money making idea was so good surely they'd just do that instead of holding the seminars.....
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The ULTIMATE WORM TURN hasn't happened yet.

RUPE and HARTIGAN are still loooking for an excuse for the Rodent.

Mind you,ABBOTT and COSTELLO complaining about 9 Bias?

Haven't they noticed how good they've had it the past 11 or so years?1st election without KERRY FRANCIS BULLMORE PACKER!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Sismis wrote:One thing i'll never understand, why paymoney to someone for a "wealth creation" seminar? If the money making idea was so good surely they'd just do that instead of holding the seminars.....
It's a question i've often asked myself.

The answer i tend to come to is: "because people are generally stupid". I struggle to have any sympathy for people that do their dough in these schemes.
Paul18
Top Up Player

Post by Paul18 »

Story about malcom Turnbull telling Howard to sign Kyoto. This is a problem for the government as it about a split cabnet.
But the real question is where did the story come from.
Can Turnbull read the tea leaves and is now only trying to save himself????
Spike
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Joe made a DELIBERATELY Provocative statement,which of course got the RODENT FROTHING at the Mouth and RUDD jumped if you ask me.

He should have turned tje Tory squeels back onto them and asked how many of them belong to the HR NICHOLLS SOCIETY.Or like minded TORY HANGOUTS.

Job for the Chaser Boys.Grab about 100 blokes,dress 'em up in RED ARMY CLOBBER and find the nearest LIBERAL SHINDIG to ANNOYTHE SHIT OUT OF!And many more.

That'd put the WIND UP THE SAIL OF THOSE STUCK UP PRICKS!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Someone should ask RUBBERSTAMP Fielding just how many FAMILY IMPACT STATEMENTS the Governemnt supplied him with after the NOVELTY Wore off.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Funny. Just how many "Road to Damascus" experiences can this guy have? Next, he'll be allowing same sex marriages if he thinks that'll get him the gay vote.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Paul18 wrote:rates were low and people borrowed more and small increase have a bigger effect the more larger your loan is.
No comment on what you've actually said - just wanted to say that I love the quote you've included. Relates to The Judge in Buffy, yes?
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

The mad monks day of madness - what a day !!!!!

1) Picks on an asbestos vistim and asbestos victim campaigner, Bernie Bantan, who tries to get some drugs on the PBS to alleviate the situation for these victims of the worst kind of corporate greed.

2) Totally insincere apology to Bernie

3) 1/2 Late for scheduled debate with Nicola Roxon and yet another insincere apology

4) saying "Bullshit" under his breathe when Nicola rightly questions his priorities

5) Mersey hospital band aid plan scuttled

I was getting a bit worried by the latest News poll but I think with the Abbott debacle and Turnbull obviously trying to distance himself from the status quo stance on Kyoto Labor has little to worry about.

Keep going Kevin Rudd !!!!
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I still get the feeling it is going to be very close, with some possibility of a repeat of 1969 when Labour scored more than 50% of the two party preferred, but failed (just) to get a majority of seats.

Then again, I could be wrong. It is fun to fantasize what might happen with a huge landslide to Labour, with even Howard & Costello themselves losing their seats. Can't really imagine it happening, but OMG it would be funny!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

billyduckworth wrote:I still get the feeling it is going to be very close, with some possibility of a repeat of 1969 when Labour scored more than 50% of the two party preferred, but failed (just) to get a majority of seats.

Then again, I could be wrong. It is fun to fantasize what might happen with a huge landslide to Labour, with even Howard & Costello themselves losing their seats. Can't really imagine it happening, but OMG it would be funny!
Yes, it would be like watching a comedy sketch of Abbott & Costello.
Essendunny
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Another classic. Nicholson is so spot on!