The Politics Thread.

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: The Politics Thread.

Post by Sismis »

BERT wrote:
Sismis wrote:Probably something to do with the massive amount of work that was done to put the previous curriculum together with consultancy with many stakeholders Australia wide. Then the Liberals option is to appoint 2 political hacks both with a unashamed conservative bias.
So what part of the policy do you disagree with or as like MH it's from the Libs so it's bad.
The fact that the "review" has a singular transparent political bias.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Why I don't like this is the two people that Pyne has appointed to conduct a review of the curriculum have an extremely biased agenda. Donnelly reckons everything been a left wing conspiracy for the last 40 years. This despite the fact that political pendulum has swung alarmingly to the right over that time period.

I don't object to the curriculum being reviewed by people with educational credibility but these two blokes simply don't have that. They are pushing their own narrow political agenda. Education should be above politics.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

BERT I'd like to hear your views on Cory Bernardi. Is he a good bloke in your eyes ?
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

All parties have extremists.

Labor has the "Looney Left", the Greens have their fair share of ratbag dreamers, and the poor old Libs have Corey.

Although there is a desperate effort to tie in his inflammatory doctrines with mainstream Liberal thinking, or to have him riding shotgun alongside Abbott, let's not forget that the Libs sacked him twice from the front bench. That's how closely they embrace this idiot.

I hope that there is still room for total ratbags to air their jaundiced comments on both sides, but I really wonder who is really listening to them apart from disaffected Labor supporters on this site desperately clutching at straws.

As night follows day, when the Libs came to power, they would follow the normal playbook in endeavour to:

Wind back welfare
Reign in government spending
Rewrite the curriculum to give a more Liberal version of history
Blame Labor for everything under the sun

Nothing changes!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

MH_Bomber wrote:BERT I'd like to hear your views on Cory Bernardi. Is he a good bloke in your eyes ?
http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.ph ... 9&start=40

Last post on the page.

Nothing has changed
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

3 Times Rocky :( Total nutter...... my older brother has a melded family so he is going to slash his wrists....NOT. :wink:
rockhole wrote:All parties have extremists.

Labor has the "Looney Left", the Greens have their fair share of ratbag dreamers, and the poor old Libs have Corey.

Although there is a desperate effort to tie in his inflammatory doctrines with mainstream Liberal thinking, or to have him riding shotgun alongside Abbott, let's not forget that the Libs sacked him twice from the front bench. That's how closely they embrace this idiot.

I hope that there is still room for total ratbags to air their jaundiced comments on both sides, but I really wonder who is really listening to them apart from disaffected Labor supporters on this site desperately clutching at straws.

As night follows day, when the Libs came to power, they would follow the normal playbook in endeavour to:

Wind back welfare
Reign in government spending
Rewrite the curriculum to give a more Liberal version of history
Blame Labor for everything under the sun

Nothing changes!!!
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

IF this is true.....unlike others I still believe in the sanctity of innocent until proven guilty and NOT trial by media......it is a shocking look.

All the Punters out there - Left, Centre, Right - will just throw their hands in the air in disgust shaking heads in disbelievement.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/federal ... 30qwu.html

Saw this in a Letter to the Editor online. Very erudite:

Secrecy and central control without overview and transparency are the genesis of corruption.
We have witnessed for the past three years Abbott’s complete abdications of any sense of ethics or commonly accepted standards in political debate or policy.
For the past years he has ignored or manipulated the standards of political debate to advance his own ambitions.
For as long as he has been in parliament he has had no misgivings to lie or distort the truth to his own end.
Throughout his past, whether it is at seminaries or university, we gather historic records of a man whose acceptance of the necessity to tell the truth and be honest is qualified by whether his pronouncements are to his own benefit or advancement.
We see the lies and dishonesty in all of his policy developments, climate change. Education and treatment of Gonski, Budget Emergencies, Border policies and refugees etc. etc...
His political career, tertiary education and failed cleric endeavours are swathed in lies and deceit, and when discovered and confronted he resorts to bullying. Today he frames his treatment of refugees as a ‘war’ which is a subtle adjunct to his propensity to bullying if his lies fails to convince his audience.
The man is nothing but a self-deluded concoction of his own twisted imagination of himself, probably developed and authored in the sanctuary and isolation of Pell’s confessional.
The ethics and honesty standards of any organisation depend on the standards set by their leaders, e. g. chairman of the board and or CEO, and Abbott has set the bar so low this government will inevitably be considered by historians as possibly the most corrupt government we in Australia have had to endure
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Flip wrote:IF this is true.....unlike others I still believe in the sanctity of innocent until proven guilty and NOT trial by media......it is a shocking look.
Don't you find this a little bizarre? You believe in the sanctity of innocent until proven guilty and NOT trial by media. Yet you constantly paste articles of 'alleged' misdemeanours of selected individuals of a political persuasion. But all the while defending other individuals of other political persuasions a la Craig Thomson. It is bizarre.
All the Punters out there - Left, Centre, Right - will just throw their hands in the air in disgust shaking heads in disbelievement.

Do you think? They're all probably saying quietly "shit I hope they don't audit my books".
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/federal ... 30qwu.html

Saw this in a Letter to the Editor online. Very erudite:

Secrecy and central control without overview and transparency are the genesis of corruption.
We have witnessed for the past three years Abbott’s complete abdications of any sense of ethics or commonly accepted standards in political debate or policy.
For the past years he has ignored or manipulated the standards of political debate to advance his own ambitions.
For as long as he has been in parliament he has had no misgivings to lie or distort the truth to his own end.
Throughout his past, whether it is at seminaries or university, we gather historic records of a man whose acceptance of the necessity to tell the truth and be honest is qualified by whether his pronouncements are to his own benefit or advancement.
We see the lies and dishonesty in all of his policy developments, climate change. Education and treatment of Gonski, Budget Emergencies, Border policies and refugees etc. etc...
His political career, tertiary education and failed cleric endeavours are swathed in lies and deceit, and when discovered and confronted he resorts to bullying. Today he frames his treatment of refugees as a ‘war’ which is a subtle adjunct to his propensity to bullying if his lies fails to convince his audience.
The man is nothing but a self-deluded concoction of his own twisted imagination of himself, probably developed and authored in the sanctuary and isolation of Pell’s confessional.
The ethics and honesty standards of any organisation depend on the standards set by their leaders, e. g. chairman of the board and or CEO, and Abbott has set the bar so low this government will inevitably be considered by historians as possibly the most corrupt government we in Australia have had to endure
But we don't believe in trial by media do we....? :roll:
Essendunny
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Ben;

1- Somylay matter now with Cops... not that I have much faith in the AFP... http://www.canberratimes.com.au/federal ... 30t4a.html IF anything comes of it....FMD.

2 - Slipper's matter did not make it past Rares J., who through the claim by that (fellow) sleaze Ashby, saying the whole thing was all about bringing down a Government. Rares would be a Federal Court Judge punters. He is therefore innocent as per against him.

3 - The Thomson matter is still before the courts and he is therefore in Law still innocent at Law. If he did buy that ice cream, I sure he will be dealt with.

4 - The Letter to the Editor by that bloke was just an example of what millions of Australians think of Abbott. Why? Because his "form" goes back decades. A leopard doesn't change his spots. If Turnbull was in charge, I think that you would hardly hear Boo, from a lot of people as he is....or was.....a small "l" Liberal, not a Tea Party Neo Con. How an obscure post in an obscure Footy website equates to Trial by Media you'll have to deal with.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Flip wrote:Ben;

1- Somylay matter now with Cops... not that I have much faith in the AFP... http://www.canberratimes.com.au/federal ... 30t4a.html IF anything comes of it....FMD.
"IF". But you "unlike others" believe in innocent until proven guilty. So why bother discussing this matter? What slant are you putting on it? You wouldn't even bother if he was a member of the ALP. In fact, you'd be in here defending him because Murdoch is out to destroy him.
2 - Slipper's matter did not make it past Rares J., who through the claim by that (fellow) sleaze Ashby, saying the whole thing was all about bringing down a Government. Rares would be a Federal Court Judge punters. He is therefore innocent as per against him.
I didn't even mention Slipper....
3 - The Thomson matter is still before the courts and he is therefore in Law still innocent at Law. If he did buy that ice cream, I sure he will be dealt with.
LOL
4 - The Letter to the Editor by that bloke was just an example of what millions of Australians think of Abbott. Why? Because his "form" goes back decades. A leopard doesn't change his spots. If Turnbull was in charge, I think that you would hardly hear Boo, from a lot of people as he is....or was.....a small "l" Liberal, not a Tea Party Neo Con. How an obscure post in an obscure Footy website equates to Trial by Media you'll have to deal with.
So obscure that you found it to add the slant to your "innocent until proven guilty" post. Like I said, you like to hammer alleged rorts by members of a particular party. But find excuses for another. The definition of hypocrisy is.....?
Essendunny
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Ben, I posted Somylay out of a hope that it was a beat up as if it was true then a disengaged and disenchanted Electorate will get even more pissed off. Party Politics has nothing to do with it and as usual that limp dick Shorten is no where to be seen.

The last ALP rip off merchant was Mal Coulson who got bought off by the Rodent. If there are any today, a pox on their house and kick them out of the Party. However reports of rorting in recent times seem to be on one side including straight from the top who thinks that the Taxpayer should fund his "charity" rides and his book launches.

Not on.

Re the LTE, should have been a separate post agreed. I was just being lazy. :( ....... Just before we lost power until 12.20am this morning. Pretty cranky house here last night.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Flip wrote:Ben, I posted Somylay out of a hope that it was a beat up as if it was true then a disengaged and disenchanted Electorate will get even more pissed off. Party Politics has nothing to do with it and as usual that limp dick Shorten is no where to be seen.

The last ALP rip off merchant was Mal Coulson who got bought off by the Rodent. If there are any today, a pox on their house and kick them out of the Party. However reports of rorting in recent times seem to be on one side including straight from the top who thinks that the Taxpayer should fund his "charity" rides and his book launches.

Not on.

Re the LTE, should have been a separate post agreed. I was just being lazy. :( ....... Just before we lost power until 12.20am this morning. Pretty cranky house here last night.
"Cough Craig Thomson - Michael Williamson - Eddie Obeid - Ian McDonald - Cough"
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:The definition of hypocrisy is.....?
Someone who claims that others run to the moral high ground whilst repeatedly doing the same?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Either all are, or will be before the Courts and have been kicked out of the Party or left.

I am talking about rorters within the parliamentary Political Party's rorting the system to nick money off the us....the Taxpayers. You know....going to weddings on us....going to the other side of the country to look at your investment property and so on.

Not on.

Waiting for comments though on Phoney claiming money off us to promote his book and doing HIS charity work etc etc etc. Definition of charity is sacrificing your dollars or your time to raise money for a good cause....and not expecting to be recompensed for it by a 3rd party...us.

Good on you Phoney for doing it but don't expect the Taxpayer to pick up your expenses, otherwise we may as well just write out a cheque and save your time.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Flip wrote:and not expecting to be recompensed for it by a 3rd party...us.
So on your tax return then you have never claimed anything at all under Gifts or Donations?

And presuming you're equally outraged that 99% of the country (including Shorten) do.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Different set of rules Boncer.....as you well know...Tax Law vs MP Entitlement Claims.

I am not an MP and I should NOT have OTHER people pay me to do Charity work that gets photo's ops that are essentially Political in nature.

I am awaiting your thoughts on us paying for Phoney's book tour launch expenses? What has that to do with his Parliamentary duties?

PS I think Shorten is a limp dick....like most of the creeps in Parliament.....on both sides. Albo should be leader. :|
Can't bear to watch QT anymore when working from home. It is just banal and no great statesmanlike figures to be seen. :(
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Flip wrote:Different set of rules Boncer.....as you well know...Tax Law vs MP Entitlement Claims.

I am not an MP and I should NOT have OTHER people pay me to do Charity work that gets photo's ops that are essentially Political in nature.

I am awaiting your thoughts on us paying for Phoney's book tour launch expenses? What has that to do with his Parliamentary duties?

PS I think Shorten is a limp dick....like most of the creeps in Parliament.....on both sides. Albo should be leader. :|
Can't bear to watch QT anymore when working from home. It is just banal and no great statesmanlike figures to be seen. :(
Is that the book launch he paid back? Coz absolutely he should've done that.

What charity work?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

rockhole wrote:Although there is a desperate effort to tie in his inflammatory doctrines with mainstream Liberal thinking, or to have him riding shotgun alongside Abbott, let's not forget that the Libs sacked him twice from the front bench. That's how closely they embrace this idiot.
Not enough.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Oh yeah the Liberal Party show just how much they hate him by putting up on the Number 1 senate place in South Australia when he comes up for election. That place basically ensures he is elected.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

[rant]
Like I said when this farce of a policy was announced, Operation Sovereign Borders is really Operation Sovereign Bollocks. How can the Navy not know exactly where they are when they have sophisticated GPS equipment on board ?

The Liberal Party's obsession with boat refugees is escalating tensions with Indonesia to such an extent that I wouldn't be surprised if there was an "on water" incident between the navies of the two countries. Then things get pretty hairy as there is an nationalist movement in Indonesia that frowns upon Australia's interventionism. SBY's presidency should not be treated with such contempt by the Coalition government.

Is the Coalition's ideological zeal worth getting into a ruckus with Indonesia ? I don't think so.

Lastly we are breaking the refugee convention left,right and centre by towing back boats.
[/rant]
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber