I'm Scared

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: I'm Scared

Post by j-mac31 »

ealesy wrote:Seriously if the Liberal Party kept Malcolm Turnbull as leader, I reckon they would've shat in this election in a massive victory.

They would have picked up votes from dissatisfied Labor voters instead of losing them to the Greens and other minor parties/independents.

Hell I reckon I would prefer Malcolm Turnbull as PM over either of the numbnuts we've got on offer.

At the moment I hope Labor win, simply because while I believe Julia Gillard will be a terrible, terrible PM, at least she won't be as dangerous as a terrible, terrible Tony Abbot PM.

Whoever wins, I can only hope that the Greens control the Senate, I certainly hope that which ever party wins the House of Representatives don't also have power in the Senate as well.
This.

Turnbull should have gone to Labor.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Its funny how many Labor people respect Turnbull including myself. Pity the arch conservatives that have overrun the Liberal Party didnt think the same. His stance on the CPRS where he crossed the floor was a very gutsy thing to do as an ex leader. This is what really worries me about Abbott - the bloke IS divisive. He simply doesnt have a big picture approach to policy and I have this very very bad feeling that should be become PM he will see this as a mandate to install every reactionary agenda the Right has trotted out over the last 30 years.

Labor has not been perfect but I think they have all in all they have done a good job especially in the way the economy has come through the global financial crisis. The need to overthrow Rudd has put a spanner in the works but as a Labor person I really did think that change was necessary. Julia Gillard has been a shining star on the Labor side. I truly believe our nation will be better with her hands at the helm than the erratic self confessed liar and weather vane Abbott.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Cross the floor and cross your name of the list irrespective of the issue.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
grassy1 wrote:Vote 1 KERMIT THE FROG for PM. :lol:
He def gets my vote!! vingertje
What I was alluding to was that "It's not easy being green". Well guess what, it just got a shitload easier!
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Just for you Dodgey, i lodged my vote today - Greens in both houses, and i'm on the Melbourne electoral roll :wink:

I at least managed to follow half of Al Capone's advice: vote early, and vote often.
so are you HAPPY with your vote for Labor ?????....Hmmmm sort of wonder why Adam went up against a sitting Labor member in the first place

Maybe there is More Gay men living in the Melbourne Ports precinct than Prahran these days
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

dodgey wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Just for you Dodgey, i lodged my vote today - Greens in both houses, and i'm on the Melbourne electoral roll :wink:

I at least managed to follow half of Al Capone's advice: vote early, and vote often.
so are you HAPPY with your vote for Labor ?????....Hmmmm sort of wonder why Adam went up against a sitting Labor member in the first place

Maybe there is More Gay men living in the Melbourne Ports precinct than Prahran these days
I didn't vote for Labor, i voted for the Greens. I'm aware of the fact that Adam Bandt is likely to coalesce with the ALP in its attempt to form government, but that's hardly the same as a vote for the ALP.

To my mind, the Australian people basically got this election right. Both the ALP and Liberals ran atrocious, negative, unimaginative campaigns, and neither displayed sound enough credentials to deserve outright majority government. The fact that either party, should they form a majority government, will have to deal with the Greens and Independents is a firm kick up the arse from the Australian people that the two major parties thoroughly deserved.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I voted for the Greens also, mainly because neither Labor nor Liberal actually gave me a reason to vote for them. All campaign, all we heard was Julia sook about Abbott and workchoices, and all Tony showed us was "oh, look at how much Labor spend".

The Greens on the other hand actually had some sort of policies regarding climate change.

And Sissy, you are not the only greenie on this board mate, I am one of you as well! I probably don't share the same sort of values as you as I assume you are more Greenie than myself, but I am heading that way.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Voted Greens for the first time too....but then I'm in Lalor, so I can't say I feel like it meant much.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BomberinJapan wrote:Voted Greens for the first time too....but then I'm in Lalor, so I can't say I feel like it meant much.
In the seat of Lalor or the suburb or Lalor?
I had this fight with my uncle because he lives in Lalor, the suburb (like most other wogs) and he says that Gillards office is in Lalor (the suburb). He couldn't get around the fact that an electorate and a suburb are different and can have the same name.

I am in the same electorate (Scullin), so my vote meant f*** all too, but still did it.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I'm another who voted Green (but then again, I usually do in the Senate anyway).

And yes, I too hope that the major parties take this as a giant kick up the arse and realise that people want them to offer us something positive rather than the continuous negative bullshit they spout election after election.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Rossoneri wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:Voted Greens for the first time too....but then I'm in Lalor, so I can't say I feel like it meant much.
In the seat of Lalor or the suburb or Lalor?
I had this fight with my uncle because he lives in Lalor, the suburb (like most other wogs) and he says that Gillards office is in Lalor (the suburb). He couldn't get around the fact that an electorate and a suburb are different and can have the same name.

I am in the same electorate (Scullin), so my vote meant f*** all too, but still did it.
lol...poor guy.
I live in Wyndham Vale, so yeah...seat of Lalor.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Rossoneri wrote:I voted for the Greens also, mainly because neither Labor nor Liberal actually gave me a reason to vote for them. All campaign, all we heard was Julia sook about Abbott and workchoices, and all Tony showed us was "oh, look at how much Labor spend".

The Greens on the other hand actually had some sort of policies regarding climate change.

And Sissy, you are not the only greenie on this board mate, I am one of you as well! I probably don't share the same sort of values as you as I assume you are more Greenie than myself, but I am heading that way.
And this is exactly what has me so excited ATM. My wife is over it, she thinks i've become an "election geek" but people went to the polls and voted on issues not party lines. This election campaign left me filled with cynicism and to see the results I almost cried.

As you said both parties played a loss mitigation strategy rather than having the courage to stand for something. The greens for years have stood by their policies and the Australian public has said, "You know what you might be worth a crack".

I am also blown away by the Independants, I watched an interview with Oakeshott last night on lateline (after my wife went to bed.... OK i am now officially an election geek) and heard someone talking about nonpartisan politics, actually listening to the commision recomendations we spend millions on. I honestly could not be happier.