To ALL you whingers...

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
dom_105
Club Captain

Re: To ALL you whingers...

Post by dom_105 »

Filthy wrote:Dom (Dominic? Ti regazzi di Italiano?):
Certainly (on one half, for what it's worth). Dad's side hail from a small village that is in the shadows of the Apennines.
Filthy wrote: Re your question about complaining only on my terms, I would hold that I saw all the many things that were wrong in Rodentism; saw it was very wrong and immoral; and fought it here, there and everywhere; through the ALP fought for 11 years to get rid of him with millions of others and not only got rid of him but got him to be ther 2nd PM in history to lose his seat in good economic conditions (the other one lost hsi seat in the Depression...hardly surprising)

Some people here whinge about local/state/federal governments about what they do or don't do and then do nothing about it. Is that right? All I did was to highlight historical facts.

They happened!
You've had a fair go at the Liberals for as long as I've been around on here. As is your right.

All those points you listed were facts, they did happen, but it doesn't make them failings per se. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There would be more than a small people in this country more than happy with a number of those items that you mentioned. We all have our prejudices, and that will influence how we view these matters. Howard was voted in four times, he must have had something going for him.

Indeed, looking at the recent election, there were at least half of Australia that were not impressed enough at the performance of the Rudd/Gillard Government to give them a shot at another term. There were a lot of people justifiably (in their mind) pissed off about how Rudd and Gillard ran this country for three years, and pissed off about how Bracks/Brumby ran this state for 10 years. Their whinging isn't less valid than any directed at Howard/Kennett, because their criticisms are (as well) built on the foundations of their prejudices.
Filthy wrote: Re So You think. I "punt" (prefer to call it investing tax free) a little different to your traditional punter. I look for a horse that is likely to lose, apply a set of rules and then lay it to lose on the old Blackberry. I had 14 "wins" out of 17 yesterday.....a bit like going short on the Stock Market. If you want the rules PM me. I wasn't game to take on So you Think and the horse could be anything. But please note Shocking had a err...shocking run being blocked untill too late.
Betfair? Biggest shakeup of the punting game since the demise of SP Bookies. Send a PM this way, I've been on the search for a more productive way to spend my Saturday Afternoons.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Filthy wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Haha Filth has totally lost the plot

Who gives a f***

So You Think is a dead set certainty

Whats a dead set certainty is that you are another Internet Hero.

I'd love to belt you but I wouldn't know which head to punch.

Brainless twit.
f***. Violence Filthy? I remember you labelling me as someone that was likely to belt someone on the street for no reason. I hadn't even mentioned belting anyone. No you come up with a swipe like that. WOW!

I don't know how BomberDonnie would shape up to you, but I could guarantee that if you shaped up to me - you'd go down quicker than a two-dollar hooker :P
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Gimps wrote:
I don't know how BomberDonnie would shape up to you, but I could guarantee that if you shaped up to me - you'd go down quicker than a two-dollar hooker :P
He would want to make the first one a good'ne that's for sure

I just noticed that you claim to be a professional punter filth... f*** me you must be a busy girl? How do you find the time?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:
I was just trying to get some "intelligent" :roll: debate on getting people in this country to stop focusing on what the Government/Public Servants can do for them 24/7, and perhaps solving problems by themselves by putting their shoulders to the collective wheel and not pointing fingers at others all the time when things don't go to plan.
:-({|=
Its totally negative to whinge constantly and not the attitude what got this country built to where we are.
The miners of 1854 decided to stop their whinging and take up arms instead. And then went on a killing spree. Hmmmm.......perhaps the miners of today should have done the same thing with Rudd?
We can be better.
:?:
We can always strive for excellence, or is thsi being too idealistic and I should join the negativity you see everywhere. You have lived in Japan. It is (or was...my daughter thought they were becoming were becoming to Westernised when she went up there) a country that focused on the national good and planned ahead for decades not the electoral cycle.
Amazing
Can imagine the players have a attitude where they whinge all the time? They'd never win a pie night....and so it is in all aspects of life if you have a shit attitude.
So you've never won a pie night I see......
Essendunny
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:This has been an interesting exercise.

However I will hold my position that positivity will make us a better country. To change my position in the face of so much opposition would be gutless.
Are you deliberately being a hypocrite or are you just taking the piss?

I can show you a myriad of posts where you are just a miserable whinging loud hailer.

You may exit this thread as you can no longer justify your hypocrisy, but it will live on in infamy.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:
Filthy wrote:This has been an interesting exercise.

However I will hold my position that positivity will make us a better country. To change my position in the face of so much opposition would be gutless.
Are you deliberately being a hypocrite or are you just taking the piss?

I can show you a myriad of posts where you are just a miserable whinging loud hailer.

You may exit this thread as you can no longer justify your hypocrisy, but it will live on in infamy.
He is clearly taking the piss

Abviously he is getting bored in the looooong off season ahead and is looking for entertainment
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Re So You think. I "punt" (prefer to call it investing tax free) a little different to your traditional punter. I look for a horse that is likely to lose, apply a set of rules and then lay it to lose on the old Blackberry. I had 14 "wins" out of 17 yesterday.....a bit like going short on the Stock Market. If you want the rules PM me. I wasn't game to take on So you Think and the horse could be anything. But please note Shocking had a err...shocking run being blocked untill too late.
Filth it might be a good way of betting for the hard headed punter but I don't go along with the form of bet. To me it is more open to corruption. You should have been on Heart of Dreams to not place. Of course I was on it to win and struck out again. I managed to save the day with Rainbow Styling and Red Flair placing. Pity about Sister Madly.

I love the punt myself but I need to set limitations. So I am into small parlay betting with 4 or 5 legs. If you get even 2 or 3 up you get a good return but it can be hard enough to pick one winner let alone multiple and I am always looking for long shots which doesn't help. I had a grand day on Cup Day a few years ago with a 50c parlay when a couple of 80-1 shots got up. The went into the old Makybe Diva and it was lovely.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Get on Altius for the Derby when the markets come out on Thursday. But, I don't think they'll be offering the world.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

WOW! I can't believe I missed this!

Better late than never.

I'll admit I am one of the loudest whingers and do very little about it. This is not the first time I have been told to get of arse and actually do something and probably wont be the last. I accept that there is a certain ammount of hypocracy in this.

However I believe the purpose of forums such as this, is to (in some small way) put your point of veiw out there for debate. I believe in giving credit where it is due, however, there has been very little to praise for a long time. The election result would demonstrate that there are many who feel the same way.

As has been demonstrated by some fascinating threads about the election we have a good spectrum of opinons here. We have MH and Filthy on the labour side and Bert providing the counterpoint. In the middle we have a well represented cross section.

Filth I understand that you have an intense passion for the Labor party, BUT you have to realise that criticism of the government is not a personal attack on you. Being the incumbent means that you have to wear the focus on what you are doing.

I have enjoyed the debate but this is getting way too personal and abusive. Might be time for everyone to take a step back and take a deep breath.

"Come one people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together try to love one another right now!" As (one of) the resident hippy/greeny/tofu ****** i can say shit like that.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Gimps wrote:Get on Altius for the Derby when the markets come out on Thursday. But, I don't think they'll be offering the world.
I met Altius on Friday ... Beautiful horse that knows how good he is and agree the Derby is where he is heading
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

RE: Makybe Diva

I first saw this horse run when it won the Queens Elizabeth Stakes on stakes day the year before he first Cup. She was favourite and I hadnt like the short odds but when I saw her mow down the field from last I glibly said to a fellow pub punter in Sydney I am going to back that horse in next years Melbourne Cup. Well the next year I remembered that day and basically backed her in every run she had.

She is my favourite horse of all time.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

To go back to the original post:

1. Of course, nobody ever made a difference from outside a political party.

2. This:
BenDoolan wrote:What a load of f****** frog shit! I VOTE, so I have every right to whinge about the shit things Governments do.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.