Congrats Tidal wave Ted....

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Congrats Tidal wave Ted....

Post by Rossoneri »

Yeah I know, same shit no matter where you go. We will hardly be any better off under Ted but lets see how he goes. He has 4 years to fix things.

Glad im not in NSW though, they are up the shit.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:Yeah I know, same shit no matter where you go. We will hardly be any better off under Ted but lets see how he goes. He has 4 years to fix things.

Glad im not in NSW though, they are up the shit.
You wanna see a total obliteration of a political party - just watch the NSW State election shortly....
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Sismis I AM an Integration Aide. Its a new direction for me in that I haven't been doing it that long. You don't need any qualification to become an Integration Aide and we are poorly paid. Juxtaposed against these drawbacks is the fact that working in government schools is a reasonably secure profession when compared to the corporate sector. The job is not really about money.

Yes there are children with behavioural problems and there always has been. These days, as least there is a system in place where children are able to helped by an aide. There are also reading recovery programs, individual learning plans, strategies in place to make the school environment a fair and equitable place. Years ago many children with additional learning need whether physical or intellectual would simply fall between the cracks or be consigned to an institution.

I know teachers work damn hard. However, the biggest threat to teachers and schools is not the ALP - its neo con types like Abbott. Hopefully Big Ted will improve the current system in the right way and not throw govt schools back on the scrap heap.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Drought proofed the state? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know the states bigger then Melbourne right?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Filthy wrote:
boncer34 wrote:Drought proofed the state? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know the states bigger then Melbourne right?
You know the North-South pipeline pumps both ways. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm also aware that while we struggled on stage 4 and 5 the government made whole new levels up so Melbourne wasn't affected. I'm also aware that we had water taken out of our stores when we were at 37% to boost Melbournes who was at 70%. I'm also aware that when we were at 6% we were told there was no water available yet we were watching it be pumped into Melbournes stores.

You can sit back and say all you want about the thoeries but the fact is I've lived through a drought and the government did f*** all to help us all the while pushing more and more water into Melbourne.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

The north south pipeline doesn't pump both ways.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Seeing as we've got a desal plant coming why didn't we make the pipe only pump north... ?

And leave the northern water up there for the people who live up that way and/or the environment.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

It must be a pretty complicated exercise to pump the water back the wrong way, because we spent almost a billion dollars on this project and it doesn't have that capability yet. If it did, they'd be pumping 24/7 as Sugarloaf is full and the Yarra is at risk of flooding at areas such as Yarra Glen and Coldstream.

Regardless of what Ted may or may not do in the future, as it stands that pipe only flows one way, and from the outset the intention was that this would not change.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

But with the desal, surely we don't need what is a relatively small amount of water from the north.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

MH_Bomber wrote:Sismis I AM an Integration Aide. Its a new direction for me in that I haven't been doing it that long. You don't need any qualification to become an Integration Aide and we are poorly paid. Juxtaposed against these drawbacks is the fact that working in government schools is a reasonably secure profession when compared to the corporate sector. The job is not really about money.

Yes there are children with behavioural problems and there always has been. These days, as least there is a system in place where children are able to helped by an aide. There are also reading recovery programs, individual learning plans, strategies in place to make the school environment a fair and equitable place. Years ago many children with additional learning need whether physical or intellectual would simply fall between the cracks or be consigned to an institution.

I know teachers work damn hard. However, the biggest threat to teachers and schools is not the ALP - its neo con types like Abbott. Hopefully Big Ted will improve the current system in the right way and not throw govt schools back on the scrap heap.
Best of luck in your new career! You guys do an amazing job and a vital one. It is a shame it is not more recognised in terms of compensation. I know you guys don't do it for the money, I think in general we are extremely lucky so many people have that vocation.

Previously I would have agreed that Labor prioritised education. In the Joan (and the Jets!) era it was certainly the case that we had an envious education system but to quote Eddy Murphy quoting Janet Jackson, "what have you done for me lately?"

My Schools is a complete disgrace.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I think Labor is walking the difficult tightrope of trying to reconcile the interests between parents wanting to know how well their childrens' schools are doing compared to not ending up disadvantaging poorer schools. I personally think that My Schools will end up becoming a league table resources and good personnel will steer clear of lesser performing schools.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Fair point. But i think they have leaned waaaaay to far in the parents direction. Many parents are not the most objective people in the world and it seems to me the exercise is more designed to deflect criticism away from the government.

But I am coming from my own bias and may be overly cynical.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

*Yawn*

Another time when Filthy is left floundering like a fish outta water and he tries to turn the debate personal.

Not a cocky Filth. Not saying he should've made it rain. But to claim he made the state drought proof by pointing to a pipe that flows one way and then following that argument up with "well it could flow both ways, its not that hard" is amusing for the rest of us. Yes it could but it doesn't and why doesn't it Filth? Answer that for me without trying to trash me.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Teddy to have a major review of Myki. And some ALP clown asking what it would be replaced with.

But why did we decide to replace a perfectly (or close enough) functioning system anyway?
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Supa has a great chance to do some real good. I just hope he doesn't fall for the time honored ploy of "Christ, we didn't realise how bad things were. We now have to review our costings etc etc.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

(Forgot to mention earlier)
Of course, Brumby had to go out on a final broken promise - so much for staying on for the full term. :roll: