It was John Howard...

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: It was John Howard...

Post by j-mac31 »

Why is it that when pressed, the Liberals say they want to "stop the boats" due to welfare concerns of people getting in dangerous fishing boats, yet when given free reign to talk talk about "border protection"? Two very different issues. :-k

And even Clive Palmer supports on shore "processing". :shock:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
gringo
Club Captain

Re: It was John Howard...

Post by gringo »

Sismis wrote:Lazy thinking? For people to have some idea what they are voting for?

When he did Lose in a landslide it was because people wanted a change in leadership. For the most part we are still waiting for that change.
Indeed it is lazy thinking. There is no thought required, nor any real leadership shown, by preaching conservative policies that simply reflect what the selfish, poorly educated, trash who routinely vote conservative want to hear. Having said that, I could conceive of a scenario where I would vote conservative (I find Malcom Turnbull compelling), however, under the current and former regime, the idea is simply abhorent.

"We will decide who comes to this country and the circumstances in which the come" - John Howard

"We just can't stop people being homeless if that's their choice..." - Tony Abbott

“…Jesus didn’t say yes to everyone. I mean Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it is not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia.” - Tony Abbott

"I am, as you know, hugely unconvinced by the so-called settled science on climate change. Atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide have significantly increased since the spread of industrialisation, but it seems that noticeable warming has only taken place between the 1970s and 1990s." - Tony Abbott

Lets all celebrate the fact that head kicking a few 1000 refugees and acting against the advice of world climate scientists can be considered real leadership.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.