Saying Sorry

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

That last Sentence should stir up the WHITE SUPREMECISTS a bit.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

It is no doubt a fine line we tread.

While I think it is important, even essential, that Rudd says sorry on behalf of the Australian Government, it must be more than just symbolism.

Because it is the actions, rather than the words, which are going to make a difference in the day to day life of Aboriginal people. Saying sorry won't make a hell of a difference if there is not a plan to move forward to improve the situation that some Aboriginal people find themselves in.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

dom_105 wrote:It is no doubt a fine line we tread.

While I think it is important, even essential, that Rudd says sorry on behalf of the Australian Government, it must be more than just symbolism.

Because it is the actions, rather than the words, which are going to make a difference in the day to day life of Aboriginal people. Saying sorry won't make a hell of a difference if there is not a plan to move forward to improve the situation that some Aboriginal people find themselves in.
Yep.
Bombers till' I die
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

The Man from Bomberland wrote:
dom_105 wrote:It is no doubt a fine line we tread.

Yep.
Nor will it make a difference if Aboriginal people don't make the effort to help themselves.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

That was the problem in one particular well known incident up north,Swood.They DID Help themselves.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The APOLOGY in WA should be PUT ON HOLD until RESPONSIBLE ELDERS bring OUT OF CONTROL KIDS UNDER CONTROL.And MAINTAIN IT.

Right NOW,there's a WHOLE LOT OF 'EM that OWES SOCIETY a MASSIVE APOLOGY for their DISGRACEFULL and COWARDLY BEHAVIOUR.

The TEMPER of the WA PUBLIC is way past BOILING POINT and there ain't much Goodwill around right now.

Rightly or wrongly most of it is aimed SQUARELY at our INDIGENOUS BROTHERS and SISTERS.A lot of rubbish happening in PERTH comes from WHITE FOLK as well.A fact WIDELY IGNORED.

If the ELDERS don't at least bring some peace with their kids,it's only a matter of time before VIGILANTES WILL TAKE AIM and there'll be a BLOOD BATH.

Up to our PREMIER,POLICE MINISTER to come out of HOILIDAYS NOW and TALK SERIOUS TURKEY with RESPONSIBLE ELDERS.

I sense something NASTY BREWING and if these kids play up in NORTHBRIDGE Tomorrow Night,they'll bite off more than they can chew this time and suffer when SHEER WEIGHT of NUMBERS seeking REVENGE go way beyond the means of self defence.