VCE may continue however...

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

I reckon I've been asked twice this year.

I actually forget my exact score, couldn't remember if it was ##.75 or ##.65.

It's such a big and important thing, yet so meaningless in such a short amount of time.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

99.2! Farken hell some braniacs on here.

No matter what you get, there is a path to get to the course you wanted to.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

rama_fan wrote:I reckon I've been asked twice this year.

It's such a big and important thing, yet so meaningless in such a short amount of time.
Come on rama tell us what you got, I remember it was in the 90's, high 90's too if I remember correctly I'm guessing a 97 or 98.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Well to be perfectly honest about the VCE as stupid as it probably is I really couldnt give a flying f*** about the ENTER. If I get 90 then Im happy if I get 40 then Im happy, I just wanted to pass the stupid thing. Of course getting an A+ average in 2 classes and an A average in another always helps. But everytime a teacher starts crapping on about the ENTER I always ask to leave the room ie. computers, drink etc etc. I just dont get the big deal.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

It also depends what you want to get into. For example the course I wanted to get into (IS at MelbU) had a entry score of 79. I would have been happy to get 79.1, as it is the course I had my eye set on for a long time, and is what I love doing. If I had worked my arse off to get a score much higher than that, it would have been useless.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Gatsid wrote:
rama_fan wrote:I reckon I've been asked twice this year.

Come on rama tell us what you got, I remember it was in the 90's, high 90's too if I remember correctly I'm guessing a 97 or 98.
Ha, it's irrelivant now, but yes you're pretty close to it.

Like Danstar said, it wasn't the Enter score that I was aiming for, I just wanted the admission into the scholarship program I got into. A lot of my friends said they wanted "at least 80" or "over 90" where as I couldn't of cared if I got 40, as long as I got into the course I did, which thankfully I did!
temporary stevo
On the Rookie List

Post by temporary stevo »

in VCE i didn't really care too much about my score - although had a lot of pressure put on me by teachers, parents, and so on. admission into the course i hoped to get into was not solely or primarily by ENTER. but when it came around to putting in my preferences, i changed my mind about what course i wanted to do, and i was fortunate that my ENTER score was sufficient. if it wasn't, i still would have been able to do the course i initially hoped to do, but of course that nonetheless would not have been my first choice.

so whilst I appreciate the comments that it's really only important to make sure that you do what you need to do in order to get into your course of choice, just remember that you may change your mind, so it's not worth taking it too easy in the belief that you won't need that extra few marks.
billyduckworth wrote:Good luck to all of you sitting VCE exams. Hope you all do well.

Meanwhile, I need to draft my PhD thesis (80,000 words) between now and Christmas. Anyone want to swap?
what are you writing on? good luck, and hopefully it passes without requiring any amendments.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Of course. But some people are 100% certain of what they want to get into. I was, and my preferences never changed. If I had worked harder for a better score it wouldn't have made a difference. As long as I got above the score required I was happy. I'm sure others have been in this boat.

I guess it also makes a difference depending on what you want to do. Law, medicine, veterinary science etc all need very high enters, so those people need to aim for the absolute highest score they can acheive. For IT, the entry scores aren't hige which was ok, and gave some breathing space.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

English down and 5 to go :D. English exam was heaps better than I expected I got the perfect essay questions, I had studied the texts for a variety of different questions but the two strongest questions from each text came up for me so I'm pretty happy with how things went. Hopefully my marks back up my gut feeling, either way I'm just stoked that I now never have to study english again :D.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Gatsid wrote: I'm just stoked that I now never have to study english again :D.
Oh yeah, I remember that feeling lol
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

temporary stevo wrote:
what are you writing on? good luck, and hopefully it passes without requiring any amendments.

Thanks, Stevo. I'm writing on history. I'm due to go before a "progress review panel" next week, so I hope that goes okay.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Biology and Further maths part one down, only 3 exams to go :D
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Almost done... there's the light at the end of the tunnel... bugger it's just some guy bringing you more work ;)
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

YAY VCE OFFICIALLY OVER :D
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Awww i have one more to go on monday :( Bloody japanese