Moron of the Week

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: Moron of the Week

Post by j-mac31 »

dom_105 wrote:We shall strike a trophy featuring a likeness of his face, and it shall be awarded in the dying hours of each calander year to the person most worthy of the title 'moron of the year'

And it shall be awarded forever more to remind future generations of the calibre of some people in today's society that made such an award a requirement.
YES! :lol: =D>

JumboPaddy can suck it up or change his name.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Most truck drivers are good at their job. Here are three morons that are otherwise.

Tuesday's Moron #1 - Truck driver, who today got stuck under the Montague Street bridge in South Melbourne
Tuesday's Moron #2 - Truck driver, who today got stuck under a bridge on Alexandra Avenue in South Yarra
Tuesday's Moron #3 - For something different, Truck driver who dumped a load of gravel on the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Accident? Mistake? Error? Oh no.
The driver, believed to have been making a political statement when he planted a sign in the mound that read "down with fashists", was arrested and taken to North Sydney Police Station for questioning.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Oh yeah, to Number 3, you are bit ambiguous with your statement against "fashists"

Did you mean

Fascists?, or

Fashionistas?

Please advise. Thanks.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

was that 'fashists (sic)'?
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Fatchix, perhaps!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

I've held off nominating the now-well known bully from the Fat Kid Fights Back short movie, because although it was a extremely moronic thing to do and he himself is a bit of a moron, kids in general do moronic stuff, so mate, you are off the hook.

Others, not so lucky

Take the case of the man arrested this morning for "stealing" hard rubbish in Melbourne's outer east.

Who do we apportion blame for this?

We can start with the Victoria Police Media Unit
Sen-Constable Marty Beveridge said this morning anyone taking property left out for hard rubbish collection was a thief, and his advice was that hard rubbish became council property once it was put on a nature strip, which is technically council-owned land.

“It’s against the law,” Sen-Constable Beveridge said.

“A lot of people don’t realise they can be charged for it.”

While police resources meant most people got away with picking through kerbside valuables, Sen-Constable Beveridge said police were not turning a blind eye and any patrols spotting offences would act.

“They just need to understand that they can be charged with theft,” he warned.

He said councils often recycled kerbside materials or sold it onto other dealers, and local governments had raised concerns about the practice in the past.

“At the end of the day, theft is theft. And while a lot of people think it’s a grey area … if there’s potential for those items to be recycled or on-sold it means they have some value.

“It’s like if you go to a milkbar and steal a 5c lolly. It’s still theft. The actual monetary value doesn’t matter.”
Top brass doesn't seem to think so
People regularly trawl hard rubbish collections for recyclable household items, and Supt Forti said claims that such property belonged to councils once it had been placed on a nature strip or footpath was “a bit of a fallacy''.

The property is owned by the person who placed it on the nature strip, Supt Forti said.

“It doesn't legally belong to the council.''

He said his advice was that if the man believed the owner would have allowed him to take the appliance because it had been abandoned, it was a defence against theft.
Supt Forti said the incident was one of the more unusual cases to come across his desk.

“One man's junk is another man's treasure,'' he said.

“I think there's a community expectation ... that if you put something out on the footpath, it's anyone's.''

The Yarra Ranges Council doesn't seem to think so
"Any items placed out for hard waste collection remain the property of the resident until collected by the contractor," he (Deputy Mayor Len Cox) said.
So no, Senior Constable Beveridge. It is not against the law. It is not theft.

I was tempted to include the two officers on the beat in this nomination, but at the end of the day we do not know the full story.

What we do know is that the Victoria Police Media Unit did not check their facts in condemning this man as a thief. Almost the definition of moronic behaviour.

And Sen-Constable Beveridge, back to the books with you.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

dom_105 wrote:I've held off nominating the now-well known bully from the Fat Kid Fights Back short movie, because although it was a extremely moronic thing to do and he himself is a bit of a moron, kids in general do moronic stuff, so mate, you are off the hook.

Others, not so lucky

Take the case of the man arrested this morning for "stealing" hard rubbish in Melbourne's outer east.

Who do we apportion blame for this?

We can start with the Victoria Police Media Unit
Sen-Constable Marty Beveridge said this morning anyone taking property left out for hard rubbish collection was a thief, and his advice was that hard rubbish became council property once it was put on a nature strip, which is technically council-owned land.

“It’s against the law,” Sen-Constable Beveridge said.

“A lot of people don’t realise they can be charged for it.”

While police resources meant most people got away with picking through kerbside valuables, Sen-Constable Beveridge said police were not turning a blind eye and any patrols spotting offences would act.

“They just need to understand that they can be charged with theft,” he warned.

He said councils often recycled kerbside materials or sold it onto other dealers, and local governments had raised concerns about the practice in the past.

“At the end of the day, theft is theft. And while a lot of people think it’s a grey area … if there’s potential for those items to be recycled or on-sold it means they have some value.

“It’s like if you go to a milkbar and steal a 5c lolly. It’s still theft. The actual monetary value doesn’t matter.”
Top brass doesn't seem to think so
People regularly trawl hard rubbish collections for recyclable household items, and Supt Forti said claims that such property belonged to councils once it had been placed on a nature strip or footpath was “a bit of a fallacy''.

The property is owned by the person who placed it on the nature strip, Supt Forti said.

“It doesn't legally belong to the council.''

He said his advice was that if the man believed the owner would have allowed him to take the appliance because it had been abandoned, it was a defence against theft.
Supt Forti said the incident was one of the more unusual cases to come across his desk.

“One man's junk is another man's treasure,'' he said.

“I think there's a community expectation ... that if you put something out on the footpath, it's anyone's.''

The Yarra Ranges Council doesn't seem to think so
"Any items placed out for hard waste collection remain the property of the resident until collected by the contractor," he (Deputy Mayor Len Cox) said.
So no, Senior Constable Beveridge. It is not against the law. It is not theft.

I was tempted to include the two officers on the beat in this nomination, but at the end of the day we do not know the full story.

What we do know is that the Victoria Police Media Unit did not check their facts in condemning this man as a thief. Almost the definition of moronic behaviour.

And Sen-Constable Beveridge, back to the books with you.
haha fantastic follow ups...thanks for highlighting these dom. I only caught the original story this morning and hadn't seen the corrections....Senior Constable Beveridge must be feeling like a total muppet right now, and so he should...congratulations on being Moron of the Week.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

^ LOL, he'll be in line for a promotion now. What a f****** twit.
Essendunny
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

It's just, well, I mean, a lot of stupid stuff happens in this state, but Jesus.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

In Cranbourne, hard rubbish week is known as a swap meet.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

BERT wrote:In Cranbourne, hard rubbish week is known as a swap meet.
hahaha oh sooo true
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

BERT wrote:In Cranbourne, hard rubbish week is known as a swap meet.
each month at the racecourse :D
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

You're friends die in a car crash so what do you do to celebrate their lives? Go to the same place and do burnouts.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-n ... 6029065230

FFS the stupidity of some people on this planet astounds me.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

j-mac31 wrote:You're friends die in a car crash so what do you do to celebrate their lives? Go to the same place and do burnouts.

Common sense is the biggest oxymoron.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Dumb, moron, bogans.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Scott Gullan for his article last week to be proven horribly wrong. Another hater hushed :)
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

j-mac31 wrote:You're friends die in a car crash so what do you do to celebrate their lives? Go to the same place and do burnouts.

This is the least of it.
Coming back from the football on Sunday leaving the freeway at the Werribee South exit I had a Commodore in front of me....didn't look right....all over the road left side and then right...lots of movement in the car, people turning around talking to each other etc....so I stay back about 100m because I just have a feeling that more than ever this doesn't look good.

Sure enough...coming off the exit, not paying attention, right wheels go onto the dirt, driver over crorrects, slides straight across the road and into the ditch on the left side of the road. Car was almost on its side but just upright enough to reverse out and escape before anyone could call the police (which I did anyway).

1) Had there been a pole on the side of the road and not a grassy ditch they would be just as dead as those on Bulban Rd
2) Had a not had a feeling that all was not good and stayed much further back then usual I would have hit them at 80

WTF were these people thinking?? Less than 5km from where the the accident was the day before.

In the last 12 months my opinion on crime and punishment has changed so much...these type of people, along with armed robbers, murderers etc should be shot.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

I was driving along a pretty standard surburban road, one lane each way, and some smart cookie pulled out from a side road and cut me off. About 500 metres down the road he turned off the road and then swung back onto it to do a u-turn across my lane and the oncoming lane. The moron overcooked it and ended up doing effectively a 360 and hit and mounted the gutter pretty much facing the way both he and I were headed. Lucky I was paying attention because I hit the picks hard and managed to pull up in time, otherwise I would have driven straight into the side of him and his moron mates.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

On a lighter note, this muppet who wrote this letter to The Age:
Rocked by noise

MY WIFE and I made our long-awaited trip to our first Australian Grand Prix. But our attendance at this dream event was shattered when at about 1pm on Saturday a sound stage, Sidetracked, opposite where we were seated began playing ear thumping, grinding, repetitive and overwhelmingly loud music.

Other patrons looked around in disbelief. Were we at the grand prix or a rock concert? The music was eventually turned down slightly after numerous complaints but it was still intrusive and loud. Sunday was no better and by 3pm we returned to our unit to watch the event on TV. At least you could hear the commentary. We will never go to the grand prix again.

Elliot Brown, Buderim, Qld
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Ossie wrote:

Common sense is the biggest oxymoron.
I would like to think that there was always a solid supply of total fkwits on this planet, it ws just that we did not get to hear about them.

Now, they are on the front page.!! :(
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark