FRONTLINE - How Close to the wind........?

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

FRONTLINE - How Close to the wind........?

Post by grassy1 »

...were they with the Fictional Quiz show JACKPOT on the Series 2 Episode THE GREAT PRETENDERS,in arranging a Fix to enable a CONVICTED CRIMINAL to be Paid through the Backdoor for a Major EXCLUSIVE?

Watching that episode recently and Thinking back to the Radio Competition FIX that took place in PERTH a few months back,had me Thinking,NO!Even that would too Monstrous for even the Comercial Networks.

But was it?

Did it actually take place,when a Network Lawyer Absolutely FORBIDS the paying of Criminals for a Story,that a Current Affairs Network had to go the Lengths FRONTLINE put forward in that scenario?

Like having a NAIVE Host play for a Contestant,not of North Adelaide,not called Gavin and Actually the NEO NAZI Skinhead(Bailed out on a FORGED Signature) against a SOAPIE STARLET not too bright and a Cartoon Crazy that can't speak called WHACKO THE CHOOK.Playing for contestants that don't even Exist in Towns that don't receive the Current Affairs Program of Network.Which of course meant no one would ever suspect something was CROOK!

e.g.DAWN PEARLMAN of KUNNANURRA

Despite all the BULLSHIT 7 and 9 have PULLED over the years on ACA and BT,could any of those or Anyone for that matter been CRIMINALLY INSANE in Pulling a Heist like that for a RATINGS BONANZA?

Surely the BROADCASTING AUTHORITY could not have been that far ASLEEP at the wheel if indeed such a HESIT did occur?Mind you,they had been known in Years and DECADES past to be as SOFT as BUTTER in enforcing BROADCASTING LAWS,let alone have them in the 1st place to enforce.

Wonder if it's safe now for the guys at WORKING DOG to let the Cat Out of the Bag,15 years down the track.It was OK then to have a crack at JOHN WESTACOTT in relation to the Product Placement on a Yacht in the SYDNEY - HOBART Race.But was the scenario in THE GREAT PRETENDERS a little too close for Comfort?

Did the Legal Heavies Somewhere ever threaten to SUE if they got close to revealing a Great truth in this Possibly SPECIOUS scenario?

Any thoughts on this guys?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: FRONTLINE - How Close to the wind........?

Post by grassy1 »

Don't all come rushing for a point of view on this one. :roll:
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

Not a 1
I bleed black with a red sash
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Well I know I come up with some WILD CONSPIRACY THEORIES Sometimes(? :mrgreen: ).But that's my Specialty.

I guess even the Commercial Networks for all the BULLSHIT they've Pulled,couldn't have Pulled a Stunt like the above.But hey,them being who they are.

Where the Hell's Filthy for an Opinion on something like this? :(
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

dude I read the first 10 words and went f*** that
I bleed black with a red sash
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Alright then,putting aside the above opening post,if you have FRONTLINE in your DVD collection,watch THE GREAT PRETENDERS from Series 2 and make your own Jugement on such a Possibility.

i.e.A FIX of SCANDALOUS PROPORTIONS