BIN LADEN

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

BIN LADEN

Post by Rossoneri »

Bin Laters.

Killed overnight, US has his body.

Press conference coming up.

http://www.news.com.au/world/osama-bin- ... 6048335673
Al Jazeera reports the terror leader was apparently killed in a mansion outside Islamabad.
Correspondents also warn of a possible backlash in Pakistan and Middle Easter supporters over his death.
1.06pm CNN reports bin Laden was killed in a mansion outside Islambad along with other family members.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
12.45pm Rumours of Osama's death were reported on Twitter before the official statement.

Shortly before 12.30pm Keith Urbahn, Chief of Staff, Office of Donald Rumsfeld tweeted: "So I'm told by a reputable person they have killed Osama Bin Laden. Hot damn."

Minutes later a CBS news reporter tweeted: "House Intelligence committee aide confirms that Osama Bin Laden is dead. US has the body."

The news came shortly after the White House announced an unscheduled press conference by President Barack Obama.

The subject of the president's statement - which was then delayed - was not announced, but FOX reported that "multiple sources" have confirmed the terror leader, behind the 9/11 attacks and many other plots, is dead.

Bin Laden, 54, was killed a week ago by a US bomb, according to FOX. Officials have been waiting to test his body for a DNA match.

The world's most wanted terrorist, bin Laden has been on the run since the attacks of 2001, believed to have been hiding in the mountainous border country between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

It was not clear exactly where he was when killed. US drones have conducted a number of raids into Pakistan, which have caused some friction with Pakistani authorities.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Re: BIN LADEN

Post by rockhole »

Shit!!!! This is huge.

Wait for the backlash.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Rossoneri wrote:Shortly before 12.30pm Keith Urbahn, Chief of Staff, Office of Donald Rumsfeld tweeted: "So I'm told by a reputable person they have killed Osama Bin Laden. Hot damn."
:lol: surely not?!
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Couldn't happen to a nicer c***
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

Good riddance.

Hope Paradise is full of poofs...heard they are fresh out of virgins. :|
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

The shit is about to hit the proverbial fan in the next few weeks/months.

You can be sure that his followers will want to strike back.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Anyone planning on travelling overseas.......

Stay home.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

There's no virgins where he is going.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I'm going to the US in 3 weeks. My first OS trip so it better be ok.

He is the world champion at hide n seek though.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

What took so long.
filthy2 wrote:Hope Paradise is full of poofs...heard they are fresh out of virgins. :|
There's a Family Guy cut where it shows the virgins - 74 computer geeks.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Here's the press conference:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

How quick are the facebook pages going up!
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

I can't believe he was still alive until yesterday.

Wasn't he meant to be on his deathbed?
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Never forget the night of the 9/11 bombings. I was up late watching 10 Sports Tonight to get the news on whether Lloydy would go for 2 weeks for his head butt on that Richmond clown before the 2001 GF. They were following the twin tower story. That whole night is still very surreal.

He got his just deserts but I think his death may not bring the peace we all wish for with numerous jihadists still willing to blow themselves for the sake of the anti Western cause.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

j-mac31 wrote:Here's the press conference:
:lol: what's that from?
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

MH_Bomber wrote:Never forget the night of the 9/11 bombings. I was up late watching 10 Sports Tonight to get the news on whether Lloydy would go for 2 weeks for his head butt on that Richmond clown before the 2001 GF. They were following the twin tower story. That whole night is still very surreal.

He got his just deserts but I think his death may not bring the peace we all wish for with numerous jihadists still willing to blow themselves for the sake of the anti Western cause.
wasn't it in the morning sometime for us? i remember i was up in Townsville at the NQ athletics trials and i was on the way to A-Mart allsports to get some spikes for my shoes and it came on over the radio, we couldn't believe it but it must have inspired me in the fact life is short cause i ran a massive PB :P
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

So it would appear Osama sleeps with the fishes now.

I hope we get a lot more information about the goings on today than we currently have. It's all a bit iffy at the moment.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Jazz_84 wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote:Never forget the night of the 9/11 bombings. I was up late watching 10 Sports Tonight to get the news on whether Lloydy would go for 2 weeks for his head butt on that Richmond clown before the 2001 GF. They were following the twin tower story. That whole night is still very surreal.

wasn't it in the morning sometime for us? i remember i was up in Townsville at the NQ athletics trials and i was on the way to A-Mart allsports to get some spikes for my shoes and it came on over the radio, we couldn't believe it but it must have inspired me in the fact life is short cause i ran a massive PB :P
Nah, think it was around 11pm or so. I got out of bed to grab a drink. Went straight to the fridge, grabbed a bottle of water, then heard mum say "Have a look at this!". I saw it as I took a swig, and sprayed the water all over the floor. Fair to say I didn't get much sleep that night as I was watching the coverage.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

dom_105 wrote:So it would appear Osama sleeps with the fishes now.

I hope we get a lot more information about the goings on today than we currently have. It's all a bit iffy at the moment.
i agree, buried at sea within 12 hours of his death??? i know they wanted to respect Pakistani beliefs and all but geez sounds a bit suss to me
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals