The Politics Thread.

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: The Politics Thread.

Post by grassy1 »

Crazyman wrote:Back to the thread...Brits vote out of EU...
Already stirring a heap of shit in the markets...

Politics?What politics?

Is something happening this Saturday?Will it interfere with the footy,when one watches the dew kickers?

:lol:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Some handy info on the smaller parties in the senate. Warning these both have a left bias.

https://knowyourparties.wordpress.com/

http://www.donkeyvotie.org/
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Derryn Hinch all the way. f*** the rest.
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Derryn Hinch all the way. f*** the rest.
I'm seriously considering Hinch. He's a self absorbed wanker, but so are most pollies and I'm a big fan of his efforts to get sex offenders named.

And I would not be disappointed with a "hung" parliament and/or minor parties and independents holding power in the senate.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

j-mac31 wrote:
I'm seriously considering Hinch. He's a self absorbed wanker, but so are most pollies and I'm a big fan of his efforts to get sex offenders named.

And I would not be disappointed with a "hung" parliament and/or minor parties and independents holding power in the senate.
So f*** all gets achieved and we enter yet another phase of hung parliaments and leadership changes.

I would rather see one of the major parties have a clear majority and actually get to fulfil their policies and be judged on what they actually do rather than what they promise.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Honouring Richard Prior's Montgomery Brewster -

NONE OFTHE ABOVE!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

rockhole wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:

So f*** all gets achieved and we enter yet another phase of hung parliaments and leadership changes.

I would rather see one of the major parties have a clear majority and actually get to fulfil their policies and be judged on what they actually do rather than what they promise.
Ha ha ha ha. You think the major parties wI'll honour their policies if they get a majority? You think they'll somehow start ignoring whatever is on the front page of the papers? Hillarious.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

One can but dream.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

j-mac31 wrote:

He got my 2nd pick.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Derryn's Party got 5th and 6th on my Senate Ballot Paper.Probably should have been higher than that.

I'm pissed off,they've got the coverage on both the main channel and ABC News.

f*** off you pricks Aunty and put Rake on! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Interesting results so far. It's going to be a pretty stagnant 3 years either way. Of the speeches tonight, Shorten sounded like a winner while Turnbull sounded like a bitter loser...
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

For strategic purposes,still want a narrow Coalition Federal Win,to hasten a WA Liberal Smashing Defeat!

Barnett is on the Nose and the last thing I want is Shorten in power to give Barnett an excuse to Bitch,moan and harp on at every excuse.He can't do that with Malcolm as PM,which gives him less room to squirm out of his Looming Defeat.

The other thing about Turnbull Winning is he must go to the Polls again to deal with the Same Sex Marriage Issue.

If Shorten thought he was going to get away with shoving this right into Legislation,he us kidding himself.This issue MUST be decided by the people as Turnbull promised.Are we mature enough as a Nation to accept it?I expect not,but it MUST be decided by the Electorate,one way or the other.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Can anyone put the latest Senate Projection numbers on this thread for us to chew over,please?

And a question.With the Double Dissolution Election,what Terms do the Senators serve here?It's supposed to be 6 Years,but who does that apply to from here?

Half of them?All of them,after the Senate was dissolved.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

rockhole wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:

Lower house I guess I would prefer a clear majority for one side, but I don't mind some other voices being heard and I definitely do not want either of the major parties to control the senate.

Also if anyone in the major parties had the balls to lead properly we wouldn't have leadership changes. This campaign has reminded me of the Chaser's song from a couple of elections back: 'They're all f*****'.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Also Pauline Hanson's back and in the past we've had dumb f**** like Steve Fielding and Ricky Muir; I think Hinch is looking pretty good.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Bring back the SHAME and SLUDGE Files Derryn's.

Pardon me if I'm a little indulgent here.

"Shame,Shame,Shame!"

Bring back the Hunch Doll.

:mrgreen: :twisted: 8) :lol:

Counting restarts today,after the counters have a day off.Fair enough that.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

j-mac31 wrote:Also Pauline Hanson's back...I think Hinch is looking pretty good.
These two should make a good team! :roll: :lol:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

f*** paper voting. This is ridiculous.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Sismis wrote:f*** paper voting. This is ridiculous.
Should bring in online voting.

You shouldn't have to line up for over an hour to vote.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

BERT wrote:
Sismis wrote:f*** paper voting. This is ridiculous.
Should bring in online voting.

You shouldn't have to line up for over an hour to vote.
Shouldn't have to vote...