Distressing

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
filthy2

Distressing

Post by filthy2 »

WTF?

JEWS in Australia faced 517 incidents of harassment or intimidation in the year to September 30, a 31 per cent rise from the year before, according to the Jewish community's annual report on anti-Semitism.

"Put bluntly, in Australia this year, 10 times a week, every week, Jewish Australians were attacked or threatened," report author Jeremy Jones said yesterday.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/antis ... z1ewBeN8bj

What is wrong with some people?

If you lined up 100 people.....male and female.....stripped them naked......how can you pick or is a Jew or a Muslim or Catholic or a Lawyer or a Factory Worker.....straight gay whatever etc etc?

Apart colour of skin and shape of eyes, when are these idiots going to realise we are all equal? Shits me. :)
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: Distressing

Post by boncer34 »

Highly possible this is the same as the 'racist' attacks against Asians that were reported in the local rag down here.

The paper ran a thoroughly distressing piece on 2 Asian students that had been egged at a nearby bus stop because they were Asian. Course when me and roughly 15 mates of mine who weren't Asian got egged at the same stop nobody gave a shit..
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

filthy2 wrote:.....stripped them naked......how can you pick or is a Jew or a Muslim or Catholic
Well the circumcision may give it away.

And it's not just Jews who will be racially abused, so would Muslims, Catholics, Indians and everyone else. It's a problem around the world and across all cultures, not just the jewish community and localised in Australia.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I must admit that I have given it to the Jews in the past.

I lived in a Jewish area for a few years. They were fairly quiet and kept to themselves most of the time, but they could also be very farken annoying too. Yes, this is generalising, but you get the point.

* Driving - the c*** just CANNOT drive. Drive too slow, cut you off, parked 3 foot from the gutter in narrow streets. They honestly took the mantle off Vietnamese during my time living amongst them.

* When walking along the street with their kids, many of them would cross the road so they didn't have to walk past me/ my girlfriend & I.

* Staring - the c*** would always stare out of their windows (houses). This one old bloke that lived across the road used to stare at me all the time. I would throw my arms up at him and mouth the words "f*** off", yet he would still stare. One day it got a bit much, so I went up to his intercom & pressed the buzzer. He wouldn't answer, so I kept pushing it. He finally answered. I informed him that I did not like him staring at me or my girlfriend, and that if I caught him again, I may not have been so friendly next time I saw him on the street.

* And last but not least - I am sure I will cop it from some of you for this one... So many of them act like this is their farken planet! It's like they think they can do anything they want because their ancestors were hard done by. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of nice Jews around - but some of them act like they own the world, and think they are the superior race.

So yes, I have given them stick in the past. And I have no problem with the fact that I did. They deserved everything I said to them.

You may call me racist, but you know what, I actually find that the Jews are some of the most racist people on the planet.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Gimps wrote:I must admit that I have given it to the Jews in the past.

I lived in a Jewish area for a few years. They were fairly quiet and kept to themselves most of the time, but they could also be very farken annoying too. Yes, this is generalising, but you get the point.

* Driving - the c*** just CANNOT drive. Drive too slow, cut you off, parked 3 foot from the gutter in narrow streets. They honestly took the mantle off Vietnamese during my time living amongst them.

* When walking along the street with their kids, many of them would cross the road so they didn't have to walk past me/ my girlfriend & I.

* Staring - the c*** would always stare out of their windows (houses). This one old bloke that lived across the road used to stare at me all the time. I would throw my arms up at him and mouth the words "f*** off", yet he would still stare. One day it got a bit much, so I went up to his intercom & pressed the buzzer. He wouldn't answer, so I kept pushing it. He finally answered. I informed him that I did not like him staring at me or my girlfriend, and that if I caught him again, I may not have been so friendly next time I saw him on the street.

* And last but not least - I am sure I will cop it from some of you for this one... So many of them act like this is their farken planet! It's like they think they can do anything they want because their ancestors were hard done by. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of nice Jews around - but some of them act like they own the world, and think they are the superior race.

So yes, I have given them stick in the past. And I have no problem with the fact that I did. They deserved everything I said to them.

You may call me racist, but you know what, I actually find that the Jews are some of the most racist people on the planet.
People are entitled to their opinions, but are not entitled to be bigoted, ignorant morons. You fall firmly in the latter category, and you're so dull that you even like to boast about it.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

jimmyc1985 wrote:

People are entitled to their opinions, but are not entitled to be bigoted, ignorant morons. You fall firmly in the latter category, and you're so dull that you even like to boast about it.
Boasting about it? Just merely stating factual information dickhead.

I'm bigoted & ignorant? Piss off. You think I pick on them for the sake of it? If these people act the way they do, I have every right to stand up for myself, and pass on my opinion.

You go and live amongst them for 5 years and see if you pick up on what I have said above. Till then, f*** off.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Gimps wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:

I'm bigoted & ignorant? Piss off. You think I pick on them for the sake of it? If these people act the way they do, I have every right to stand up for myself, and pass on my opinion.

You go and live amongst them for 5 years and see if you pick up on what I have said above. Tell then, f*** off.
I lived in Canterbury (Melbourne) for 12 years (which has an above-average representation of Jewish people), worked in Balaclava casually for 2 years, spent 5 years at Monash Uni law school (again, Jewish students are over-represented here), and also did 3 years in Monash Uni Caulfield.

I've 'lived amongst them' plenty and, as i said, you're a bigoted, ignorant moron.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Gimps wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:

You go and live amongst them for 5 years and see if you pick up on what I have said above. Tell then, f*** off.
I lived in Canterbury (Melbourne) for 12 years (which has an above-average representation of Jewish people), worked in Balaclava casually for 2 years, spent 5 years at Monash Uni law school (again, Jewish students are over-represented here), and also did 3 years in Monash Uni Caulfield.

I've 'lived amongst them' plenty and, as i said, you're a bigoted, ignorant moron.

And as I said, you're a dickhead,
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

boncer34 wrote:Highly possible this is the same as the 'racist' attacks against Asians that were reported in the local rag down here.

The paper ran a thoroughly distressing piece on 2 Asian students that had been egged at a nearby bus stop because they were Asian. Course when me and roughly 15 mates of mine who weren't Asian got egged at the same stop nobody gave a shit..
Spot on. I'm trying to find the actual stats on it, but per capita crime rates are dropping, yet reporting has massively increased.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I find it funny reading article on bigotry in Australia, read a Glasgow paper for a week and see what a real bigotry problem is. We have it damn good here.

It would be great to stamp out bigotry completely but there will always be idiots who keep it going like in this thread above.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:People are entitled to their opinions, but are not entitled to be bigoted, ignorant morons. You fall firmly in the latter category, and you're so dull that you even like to boast about it.
This. Gimps' responses merely confirm his stupidity.

(Cue "J-Mac is also a dickhead/farkwit/similar")
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Yeah yeah, whatever..

Did I say all Jews were as I described above? No.

I stand by all of the points I have made. Especially the last one. I have met many Jews that discriminate against other races. That 'many' is approximately 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of Jews in Australia. My sample is obviously small, but I have experienced it on a fair few occasions.

Call me a bigot, whatever you like. If you think it's all one way traffic, you are seriously deluded.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I think any of this could be said about any minority - or even majority group, depending on the area and who you have a bug up your arse about.

In saying that, I don't know any Jews. Or maybe I do. I have NFI. I don't ask people what their religions are :lol:
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Megan wrote:I think any of this could be said about any minority - or even majority group, depending on the area and who you have a bug up your arse about.

In saying that, I don't know any Jews. Or maybe I do. I have NFI. I don't ask people what their religions are :lol:
Exactly, this stuff can be said about any minority or majority. It is said about every race/ country/ religion etc on the planet. I don't like certain Jews, and I can't stand most South Africans I've come across, and I think all religions are useless.. Big ****** deal, that's my opinion, and I don't really care if other people think I am "wrong".

Some Jews don't like Aussies, plenty of Saffas hate Australians, and ****loads of religious people denounce aethiests.

SAME effing SAME.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Hard to say who my favourite jews are...I love orange jews, apple jews...and first thing in the morning I often have a hankering for grape jews.

I'm here all week, by the way.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Gimps wrote:
Megan wrote:I think any of this could be said about any minority - or even majority group, depending on the area and who you have a bug up your arse about.

Exactly, this stuff can be said about any minority or majority. It is said about every race/ country/ religion etc on the planet. I don't like certain Jews, and I can't stand most South Africans I've come across, and I think all religions are useless.. Big ****** deal, that's my opinion, and I don't really care if other people think I am "wrong".

Some Jews don't like Aussies, plenty of Saffas hate Australians, and ****loads of religious people denounce aethiests.

SAME effing SAME.
just a small point. plenty of australians are jewish.

hot tip, don't define yourself by people you hate.

and finally here are two reasons not to hate jews.

boris
On the Rookie List

Post by boris »

Charming. What a delight you must be to whatever people you belong to. I am going to enter your lovely piece as an entry for the Nobel Peace Prize.
electrickery
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Thanks Boris! Nice to know you think you learned something.

I love you wankers. Act all high & mighty like you've never said anything about a minority or majority. If you say you haven't, you're a ****** liar.

In summation, kiss my arse.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Gimps wrote:Thanks Boris! Nice to know you think you learned something.

I love you wankers. Act all high & mighty like you've never said anything about a minority or majority. If you say you haven't, you're a ****** liar.

IMO Everyone is prejudiced. We are products of media who spit out sterotypes like they are going out of fashion. Added to that is the fact we subconciously size people up by how similar they are to us, the parts of our brain that process recognition are quite primitive and it was probably a very useful survival trait to be able to know who was part of your pack and who wasn't. We do not have control over this.
What we do (or should) have is the ability to decide with our concious mind what to do with it.

You made a choice to voice your prejudice, you can't be all that surprised others are offended by it
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Sismis wrote:
Gimps wrote:Thanks Boris! Nice to know you think you learned something.

IMO Everyone is prejudiced. We are products of media who spit out sterotypes like they are going out of fashion. Added to that is the fact we subconciously size people up by how similar they are to us, the parts of our brain that process recognition are quite primitive and it was probably a very useful survival trait to be able to know who was part of your pack and who wasn't. We do not have control over this.
What we do (or should) have is the ability to decide with our concious mind what to do with it.

You made a choice to voice your prejudice, you can't be all that surprised others are offended by it
I knew people would be offended by it, and it's understandable that some people are.

But, what shits me is wankers that talk like they have never shown predjudice towards anyone. People do it just about every day in some shape or form. Whether it be racism, sexism etc - it happens.

As for the stats referring to the violence, FMD. What a load of shit. Show me the numbers on the incidents of violence against other minorities and the majority. Would love to see the numbers on white Anglo Saxon people. Stupid report.