Most hated ads

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
Filthy

Most hated ads

Post by Filthy »

In a heavy news day to lighten things up, what are your most hated ads?

Mine:

- Medownick

- Crisco Xmas thing

- Screaming ads for sales at Jeffs Shed

- Female hygiene products

- The up your nose and away you go ads....ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Yours? :shock:
Last edited by Filthy on Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Any ad where there selling rugs at 90% off.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

APIA
What's New
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

RIVERS ADDS!
temporary stevo
On the Rookie List

Post by temporary stevo »

Royza wrote:APIA
ditto.

"we won't give insurance to 21 year olds breaking things in the house and driving around like crazy" - yeah, right on, you decrepit menopausal barrow-witch, because that's what all 21 year olds do.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

How to beat Hairloss ad.

Arrr shits me
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

actually the Bunnings ones are just starting to strike a nerve too.
Hate the song on Harvey Norman add, "Go" shits me!
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

From radio:

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Frank Walker from bargain tiles.

Someone kill it.

The Blind Factory, The Blind Factory the blind the blind the blind the blind factory.

God there are some shockers.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Latter Day Saints ads... Ally Schnieder and the f****** chook house.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

The stupid Insurance ad where the garage remote control ads falls into the little kids lap and he presses the button crashing the garage door down onto the car.

That got way too much screen time.

Also the APIA ads.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

temporary stevo wrote:
ditto.

"we won't give insurance to 21 year olds breaking things in the house and driving around like crazy" - yeah, right on, you decrepit menopausal barrow-witch, because that's what all 21 year olds do.
APIA are a bunch of cheap arsed, deceptive c****. They say 'if you're over the age of 55 and no longer working full time, come check us out" blah blah blah. But they don't offer insurance on homes exceeding $500,000 in value. $500k isn't anything special if you live in a major city. They should put that in their ads to stop people over the age of 55 wasting their time enquiring about their gay ****** cheapskate insurance.

Delfin at Craigieburn should also be forced to alter their tune. For a start, there's nothing remotely lovely about Craigieburn. Secondly, i'll be f****** damned to hell if it's 20 minutes from the city - you'd be lucky to make it from Craigieburn to the city in 20 minutes with a helicopter.

Holden ads can go f*** off. Why does every single Holden ad featuring a V6 or V8 have to contain puerile, inane images of pin-dicked wankers doing burnouts and speeding whilst AC/DC is blaring in the background? Newsflash: the average Aussie male with an IQ greater than 75 doesn't find that appealing. You and General Motors are swimming in billions of debt because you refuse to alter your model range and you're still trying to flog your f****** Bommadore? Give it a break you limp-wristed tossers. I feel sorry for the poor bastards who are going to lose their jobs because of that bullshit.

I thoroughly dislike any 'hard sell' ads: Godfreys Vacuums, Harvey Norman, ex-Christmas warehouse sales etc.

New Idea, Woman's Day, Women's Weekly ads etc. can all be cancelled.

KFC can go. Who honestly "can't beat that taste"? If you can't beat the taste of KFC, your tastebuds are in your arsehole i'm afraid. Colonel Sanders has a lot to answer for.

Tooheys: piss off back to NSW where people will actually tolerate your abhorrently sub-standard beer. And stop paying pubs to adopt your shitty beer, it's pissing me off that i struggle to get a Carlton Draught these days.

The fat kid in the Oreo ad should be shot.

Ads for Coco Pops and Nutella are borderline deceptive. Coco Pops flogs their product on the basis that one serving will provide you with 30% of your calcium RDI, but they fail to mention that about 29% of the RDI comes from the milk rather than the sugary shit they're actually selling. And for Nutella to somehow brand their product as healthy because it has a low GI and less fat than Peanut Butter is farcicle.

The marketers responsible for the ad about those biscuits that does a terrible take-off of the scene from Anchorman need to be killed. Painfully.

Plaintiff law firm ads such as Arnold Thomas & Becker, Slater and Gordon, Maurice Blackburn etc should be stopped. 'No win no fee, free consultation' my arse; the last thing we need is to go down the American path of litigating every f****** event on the face of the earth.

More to come later.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

LOL that's a top read jimmy!

Top question Filth....

I hate any Weet Bix ad
That "tongue" ad with that f****** obnoxious song
"Brand Power"
AAMI ads are bullshit plus
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:I hate any Weet Bix ad
:lol: :lol: :lol:.

The reason why AAMI ads are so shit is because they're owned by Promina, who also own APIA. Amidst all the f****** policies they're so familiar with, i'm going to suggest a little policy of my own: get some decent ads.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

VB ad's shit me. I want to know why they advertise urine?
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
temporary stevo wrote:
ditto.

Tooheys: piss off back to NSW where people will actually tolerate your abhorrently sub-standard beer. And stop paying pubs to adopt your shitty beer, it's pissing me off that i struggle to get a Carlton Draught these days.

The marketers responsible for the ad about those biscuits that does a terrible take-off of the scene from Anchorman need to be killed. Painfully.

Couldn't agree more on those two.

The afternoon delights one made me cringe the first time I saw it.

I also hate ads which try to mimick the Cricket Commentators but are basically no good at it at all, I mean it's not hard to do a Richie Benaud or Bill Lawry voice but some of the people who try sound more like The Queen than any cricket commentator.

Car City ads have always annoyed me because of the stupid idiots singing and dancing in them, surely they must have their choice of any car in the yards in payment for making themselves look like the biggest dickheads on TV.

Also the Gambling helpline ads make me laugh "Do you gamble to win big?" Ummm... nooo just to win a couple of dollars here or there, or just to frame all my winning tickets on the wall without collecting them. I appreciate their are serious problems around but the question "Do you gamble to win big?" must get 100% of gamblers saying yes.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

robrulz5 wrote:VB ad's shit me. I want to know why they advertise urine?
aww c'mon the booney ones are pretty good!
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

BERT wrote:Any ad where there selling rugs at 90% off.
Would you buy a rug from someone who could make that big a shipping error?
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

BERT wrote:Any ad where there selling rugs at 90% off.
I dont think the Crazy Warehouse Spruiker from The Chasers would agree :P :wink:
temporary stevo
On the Rookie List

Post by temporary stevo »

damn Jimmy, didn't realise you are such a h8er.
Filthy

Post by Filthy »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
temporary stevo wrote:
ditto.

APIA are a bunch of cheap arsed, deceptive c****. They say 'if you're over the age of 55 and no longer working full time, come check us out" blah blah blah. But they don't offer insurance on homes exceeding $500,000 in value. $500k isn't anything special if you live in a major city. They should put that in their ads to stop people over the age of 55 wasting their time enquiring about their gay ****** cheapskate insurance.

Delfin at Craigieburn should also be forced to alter their tune. For a start, there's nothing remotely lovely about Craigieburn. Secondly, i'll be f****** damned to hell if it's 20 minutes from the city - you'd be lucky to make it from Craigieburn to the city in 20 minutes with a helicopter.

Holden ads can go f*** off. Why does every single Holden ad featuring a V6 or V8 have to contain puerile, inane images of pin-dicked wankers doing burnouts and speeding whilst AC/DC is blaring in the background? Newsflash: the average Aussie male with an IQ greater than 75 doesn't find that appealing. You and General Motors are swimming in billions of debt because you refuse to alter your model range and you're still trying to flog your f****** Bommadore? Give it a break you limp-wristed tossers. I feel sorry for the poor bastards who are going to lose their jobs because of that bullshit.

I thoroughly dislike any 'hard sell' ads: Godfreys Vacuums, Harvey Norman, ex-Christmas warehouse sales etc.

New Idea, Woman's Day, Women's Weekly ads etc. can all be cancelled.

KFC can go. Who honestly "can't beat that taste"? If you can't beat the taste of KFC, your tastebuds are in your arsehole i'm afraid. Colonel Sanders has a lot to answer for.

The fat kid in the Oreo ad should be shot.

Ads for Coco Pops and Nutella are borderline deceptive. Coco Pops flogs their product on the basis that one serving will provide you with 30% of your calcium RDI, but they fail to mention that about 29% of the RDI comes from the milk rather than the sugary shit they're actually selling. And for Nutella to somehow brand their product as healthy because it has a low GI and less fat than Peanut Butter is farcicle.

Plaintiff law firm ads such as Arnold Thomas & Becker, Slater and Gordon, Maurice Blackburn etc should be stopped. 'No win no fee, free consultation' my arse; the last thing we need is to go down the American path of litigating every f****** event on the face of the earth.

More to come later.
Jeez Jimmy you on the angry pills yesterday mate. :D

Agree on all except the Plaintiff Lawyers mate...if not for them what chance have poor people got against multi nationals and rich people represented by such "honest" lawyers as Claton Utz. :roll: