Melbourne Gangs

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: Melbourne Gangs

Post by Sismis » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:14 pm

Gimps wrote:More political distraction on the West Gate Bridge today?
Did they ignore another 170 car chases today?

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:38 pm

Sismis wrote:
Are you saying the other 170 car chases involved attempted armed robberies, speed in access of 150kph, and a chase lasting longer than 4 hours?
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:18 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sismis wrote:
Are you saying the other 170 car chases involved attempted armed robberies, speed in access of 150kph, and a chase lasting longer than 4 hours?
Do you not understand question marks?

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:59 pm

Sismis wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Sismis wrote:
Seems like we both don't.

Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:49 am

BenDoolan wrote:
Sismis wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Sismis wrote:
Seems like we both don't.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:02 am

Perhaps these c**** need to be sent to our detention centres in exchange for the children who are there. I don't care what status these cretins have - whether they are immigrants or citizens, just plonk them in our detention centres until they learn to be f****** civilised.

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:08 am

BenDoolan wrote:Perhaps these c**** need to be sent to our detention centres in exchange for the children who are there. I don't care what status these cretins have - whether they are immigrants or citizens, just plonk them in our detention centres until they learn to be f****** civilised.
The driver has been confirmed as an APEX member and one of the passengers was on parole. Let's not pick on them.

Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:47 am

BenDoolan wrote:No-one speaks for Nikki. No-one is outraged. No-one rings talk back radio to express their disgust and anger. They save it for moments when Eddie McGuire says something against Caroline Wilson. What a pathetic society.
I'm sure there are plenty of people ringing up talk back about the dreaded APEX GANG.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Sismis wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:No-one speaks for Nikki. No-one is outraged. No-one rings talk back radio to express their disgust and anger. They save it for moments when Eddie McGuire says something against Caroline Wilson. What a pathetic society.
I'm sure there are plenty of people ringing up talk back about the dreaded APEX GANG.
I doubt it. They only ring up when Eddie McGuire insults a witch.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:08 am

"A Magistrate has freed a hammer wielding thug on bail, despite expressing doubts about the wisdom of doing so."

These dickheads are responsible for keeping our community safe?

boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:02 am

Racial profiling is a myth perpetuated by minorities to excuse the general poorer behaviour by large portions of their group.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just better.

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:32 am

boncer34 wrote:Racial profiling is a myth perpetuated by minorities to excuse the general poorer behaviour by large portions of their group.
I agree with you. This is the way the Justice system works, they do not nothing and wait. Judges and Magistrates are so out of touch with the every day person and how they live their lives. They often make ludicrous decisions which allow people who should be locked up, to roam free and the Parole board (who frankly are mostly a bunch of feel good, do gooder's) have nfi, eventually the public go birko and demand certain things happen. Government then make decisions because that's what the community want.

In the meantime, there is carnage everywhere from the Justice Department not doing their job properly. The Police are frustrated and pissed off because they are basically wasting their time chasing and arresting folk yet, they are the ones who cop most of the flack for not doing their job.
Honestly, who, in their right mind, would want to become a serving Police Officer in terms of a career?
Last edited by mdso on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:50 am

mdso wrote:
boncer34 wrote:Racial profiling is a myth perpetuated by minorities to excuse the general poorer behaviour by large portions of their group.
I agree with you. This is the way the Justice system works, they do not nothing and wait, Judges and Magistrates are so out of touch with the every day person and how they live their lives. They often make ludicrous decisions which allow people who should be locked up, to roam free and the Parole board (who frankly are mostly a bunch of feel good, do gooder's) have nfi, eventually the public go birko and demand certain things happen. Government then make decisions because that's what the community want.

In the meantime, there is carnage everywhere from the Justice Department not doing their job properly. The Police are frustrated and pissed off because they are basically wasting their time chasing and arresting folk yet, they are the ones who cop most of the flack for not doing their job.
Honestly, who, in their right mind, would want to become a serving Police Officer in terms of a career?
Spot on

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:06 am

I wonder if what we are seeing is the changing of the guard. In the past, in times of high unemployment the Government of the day, would make their stats look better by hiding people in Education. Our manufacturing industries basically have been outsourced overseas. Mining ventures have cut right down to skeleton staff and the cattle industry looking dodgy with a new President in the USA talking about making changes to Free Trade Agreement. Live animal exports are up and down like a toilet seat. Our farmers are doing it tough and monopolies like Woollies and Coles are exploiting them and ripping them off blind. They are helpless to change this. That leaves the Public Service and Tourism and Hospitality as the big employers in Australia.

When I was about six, my Dad lost our house gambling. We were kicked out into the street, suit case in hand and had to walk to the tram stop.
To be declared bankrupt in those days was a terrible thing for the whole family. My Mum and I went to stay with relatives in the country on a dairy farm. My Dad stayed in Melbourne with my grandparents and worked. We did not own a car and only saw him for three days every four months.

We lived in a different culture, and anyone of the ten deadlies was a blight on your character or a mark against your good name. Bankruptcy, having a child or person in the family with disabilities, having a child out of wedlock, mental illness, homosexuality, suicide, being sent to jail, refusing to go and fight in the war, a woman being found guilty of adultery could mean losing access to your children, marrying outside your own kind, whether that be religion, race or colour. Fortunately, some attitudes have changed but covertly, some stigma still remains.

We are living in a time of instant gratification or must have. The media have a lot to answer for. It is a subliminal form of mass hypnosis. And; some people, if they haven't got the money to buy what they want, then; they will take it from some else who has. The more unemployment, the tougher and leaner the times, the more the crime rate goes up. What has really changed everything is the drug trade. Crims once upon time had a code of honour, things they would not do and everyone abided by that. The rules were simple and everyone knew their place. Now, it no longer holds water. Drugs have changed everything. The breakdown of the Mental Health System and Hospitals has only added to that and created easy pickings for the greedy. The weakest in society are soft targets, they are sitting ducks. Safety is a major issue and people feel unsafe and lock themselves in their homes. We are seeing lately that doesn't work either. The gangs break down a door or smash a window and get inside and take what they want. Money first, any drugs available and things to sell for more drugs.

We have probably lived through some of the best times, much better than our parents and grandparents that is changing. Many of us have not known or can't remember, what it is like to do it tough. To not have enough money or food. Or, feeling forced to go without or having to tighten our belts. Our parents/grand parents were good role models, having survived two wars, a depression and hard times. They knew how to improvise and make do, they had to or starve. Sadly, many people today, do not have those skills and are not interested in learning them. Doing without whatever it is they want is like speaking a foreign language. Their Law is the Law of Expectation, whatever I want, I can have it, I just go out and find it and take it. Simple.

What is the answer to these youth gangs, this problem is NOT an easy fix. There are no magic, quick, band aids either. I think they should have maximum security prisons for youth, just like adult jail population. Excusing bad behaviour is only condoning it. These kids have no respect for the easy way, privileges and bribes, to them it is weakness. People who use drugs and alcohol have to be withdrawn from their drug of choice and
relearn life skills and be retrained. They need live positive role models, who have actually been there and done that and come through the darkness into the light. People whose life experience has taught them not to fall for the bullshit and excuses. These kids are primal survivors. Everyone has a story of pain and suffering. Strict guidelines of behaviour and rules, must be put in place which everyone must follow. Privileges are earned.
Firstly, its possible to live another way and be different. Secondly, when someone is rewarded for bad behaviour, they see this as a way of having their needs met. They will keep doing whatever they are doing, while it works, to get what they want. When that something is then removed, they go birko and the bad behaviour, violence and hostility escalates. The rules are the rules are the rules. There is NO easy way. Tough Love.

Respect is a bridge and is something which must be earned over time, by walking the walk and talking the talk.
Last edited by mdso on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:08 am

I wonder if what we are seeing is the changing of the guard. In the past, in times of high unemployment the Government of the day, would make their stats look better by hiding people in Education. Our manufacturing industries basically have been outsourced overseas. Mining ventures have cut right down to skeleton staff and the cattle industry looking dodgy with a new President in the USA talking about making changes to Free Trade Agreement. Live animal exports are up and down like a toilet seat. Our farmers are doing it tough and monopolies like Woollies and Coles are exploiting them and ripping them off blind. They are helpless to change this. That leaves the Public Service and Tourism and Hospitality as the big employers in Australia.

When I was about six, my Dad lost our house gambling. We were kicked out into the street, suit case in hand and had to walk to the tram stop. To be declared bankrupt in those days was a terrible thing for the whole family. My Mum and I went to stay with relatives in the country on a dairy farm. My Dad stayed in Melbourne with my grandparents and worked. We did not own a car and only saw him for three days every four months. We lived in a different culture, and anyone of the ten deadlies was a blight on your character or a mark against your good name. Bankruptcy, having a child or person in the family with disabilities, having a child out of wedlock, mental illness, homosexuality, suicide, being sent to jail, refusing to go and fight in the war, a woman being found guilty of adultery could mean losing access to your children, marrying outside your own kind, whether that be religion, race or colour. Fortunately, attitudes have changed but covertly, some stigma still remains.

We are living in a time of instant gratification or must have. The media, social media and t.v. have a lot to answer for. A subliminal form of advertising its like mass hypnosis. And; some people, if they haven't got the money to buy what they want, then; they will take it from some else who has. The more unemployment, the tougher and leaner the times, the more the crime rate goes up. What has really changed everything is the drug trade. Crims once upon time had a code of honour, things they would not do and everyone abided by that. The rules were simple and everyone knew their place. Now, it no longer holds water. Drugs have changed everything. The breakdown of the Mental Health System and Hospitals has only added to that and created easy pickings for the greedy. The weakest in society are soft targets, they are sitting ducks. Safety is a major issue and people feel unsafe and lock themselves in their homes. We are seeing lately that doesn't work either. The gangs break down the door or smash a window, once they get inside they take what they want. Money, any medications and things which sell quickly for more drugs, any resistance is met with violence. Its very frightening thing to be woken up with people inside ransacking your home.

We have probably lived through some of the best times, much better than our parents and grandparents. Many of us have not known or can't remember, what it is like to do it tough. To not have enough money for food, fuel or heating. Feeling forced to go without or having to tighten your belt. Our parents/grand parents having survived two wars, a depression and hard times, they knew how to improvise, make do with almost nothing, they had to or they would starve. Sadly, many people today do not have those skills and are not interested in learning them either. Their Law is the Law of Expectation, whatever I want, I can have it, I just go out and find it and then take it. Simple.

What is the answer to youth gangs? Its a problem which is NOT an easy fix but the system needs changing. There is no magic wand, no band aiding. I believe society must have maximum security prisons for youth, just like adult prison population. Judges and Magistrates are completely out of touch and need to reacquaint themselves with the changes that are happening in community. They need to get real in terms of bail, parole and community service which everyone knows is an absolute whank. In order for these things to work properly, there has to be adequate resources and supervision. Privileges should not granted until they are earned.

An environment where inmates to grow their own food, cook, clean and raise from seedlings. Raise chooks and have aqua culture.
Teach inmates how to grow, prepare and cook their own food from the produce they grow. Teach them how to maintain and look after themselves and where they are. To do this they have to learn to work together and co-operate. Learn about doing a good job and what that means? Excusing bad behaviour is only condoning it and saying it is o.k. Boundaries must be taught and understood. There is NO easy way, privileges and bribes are seen as weakness. Anyone who using drugs and alcohol has to be withdrawn properly from their drug of choice. Then relearn life skills and be retrained. Positive role models, are essential, people who have actually been there and done that and come through the darkness. People whose life experiences is from the University of Hard Knocks. Takes one to know one. People who've been there and know what its like.

These kids are primal survivors but everyone has a story of pain and suffering. Strict guidelines of behaviour and rules, must be put in place which everyone must follow. Yoga, Mindfulness and Tai Chi, Anger Management, AA and NA groups are all compulsory. Any privileges have to be earned. Its possible to live another way and be different if you decide to. When someone is continually rewarded for bad behaviour, it becomes a way of life and a way of having needs met. Most will continue to continue, while their needs are being met. When something is removed or changed, they go birko, the bad behaviour, violence and hostility escalates. There is NO easy way, the only way through it, is through it.

Change comes when resistance stops and imho the whole system has to change.

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:33 pm

BenDoolan wrote:"A Magistrate has freed a hammer wielding thug on bail, despite expressing doubts about the wisdom of doing so."

Did you see the rapist who got off on appeal a couple of months back because the trial judge didn't have the potential jurors walk right past the dock? Not only a f***** decision/rule, but you know the defence lawyer would have noticed it immediately but instead of telling the judge, kept it in his pocket for an easy appeal.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:05 pm

There wouldn't be grounds for dis-barring the Trial Judge and Defence Lawyer here,would there
? #-o

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:32 pm

j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:"A Magistrate has freed a hammer wielding thug on bail, despite expressing doubts about the wisdom of doing so."

Did you see the rapist who got off on appeal a couple of months back because the trial judge didn't have the potential jurors walk right past the dock? Not only a f***** decision/rule, but you know the defence lawyer would have noticed it immediately but instead of telling the judge, kept it in his pocket for an easy appeal.
Yeah, I did see that j-mac. Just another example where I have come to the belief the justice system is mentally ill :evil:

mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:39 pm

j-mac31 wrote:

imho many magistrate's and judge's are better educated, well read and very well paid with lots of perks than even a politician receives but most are so removed from the person in the street. They pretty much live in a gold fish bowl. If something we were to happen to them personally or to their family, it might be a different story entirely. Some of the decisions made recently have left most people gobsmacked. At the end of the day, its just a job to them but they need to remember, they are playing with people's lives on both sides of the bench. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:08 pm

mdso wrote:imho many magistrate's and judge's are better educated, well read and very well paid with lots of perks than even a politician receives but most are so removed from the person in the street. They pretty much live in a gold fish bowl.
That's it, but whenever lawyers are told they are out of touch they come up with BS excuses which basically prove they are out of touch.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.