One down, one to go..

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

One down, one to go..

Post by Gimps »

One Wilson (Rebecca) down, one (Caro) to go.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: One down, one to go..

Post by BenDoolan »

Good f****** riddance
Essendunny
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Regardless of how we viewed her as a journalist no one deserves to die of cancer. She was someone's mother, wife, daughter and sister. Its nothing to celebrate. Poor taste guys.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

JP_40 wrote:Regardless of how we viewed her as a journalist no one deserves to die of cancer. She was someone's mother, wife, daughter and sister. Its nothing to celebrate. Poor taste guys.
Yep, Adolf Hitler was someone's husband, son, brother etc...
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Glad she's gone as a reporter...condolences to her family...
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Still wish it was the other one.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

BenDoolan wrote:
JP_40 wrote:Regardless of how we viewed her as a journalist no one deserves to die of cancer. She was someone's mother, wife, daughter and sister. Its nothing to celebrate. Poor taste guys.
Because that's a fair comparison? The woman has passed away. Let her rest in peace. Look I was never a fan of her as a person or of her views. It just baffles me how people can be so nasty rejoicing in someone's death at a time when people are grieving the loss of a person who was an important part of their lives. Most of us have been touched by cancer in our lives and know the pain and suffering people have gone through and that's nothing to be happy about. If that's how you feel, by all means you are entitled to that, but it's sad to see so much negativity and hatred online these days. I'll gladly stand alone on this issue.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

JP_40 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Because that's a fair comparison? The woman has passed away. Let her rest in peace. Look I was never a fan of her as a person or of her views. It just baffles me how people can be so nasty rejoicing in someone's death at a time when people are grieving the loss of a person who was an important part of their lives. Most of us have been touched by cancer in our lives and know the pain and suffering people have gone through and that's nothing to be happy about. If that's how you feel, by all means you are entitled to that, but it's sad to see so much negativity and hatred online these days. I'll gladly stand alone on this issue.
Yep, that's fine. She gladly went online and assassinated people's characters and rejoiced about it - never giving one thought of the effects it might have on that individual or their families.

I'm not going to join the many hypocrites who will all get up and speak highly of her just because she's dead.
Essendunny
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

This song sums it up perfectly

paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

BenDoolan wrote:
JP_40 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Yep, that's fine. She gladly went online and assassinated people's characters and rejoiced about it - never giving one thought of the effects it might have on that individual or their families.

I'm not going to join the many hypocrites who will all get up and speak highly of her just because she's dead.
Nor am I and I completely agree with you on that.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:
Mate.

Hitler and Rebecca Wilson aren't in the same universe for pure evilness. Certainly not going to pretend I'll shed a tear over her death or re-write her history to the journalistic icon status some are but I'm also not going to pretend she deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as the bloke that orchestrated the murder of millions.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Mate.

Hitler and Rebecca Wilson aren't in the same universe for pure evilness. Certainly not going to pretend I'll shed a tear over her death or re-write her history to the journalistic icon status some are but I'm also not going to pretend she deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as the bloke that orchestrated the murder of millions.
Hang on, I said Hitler was a husband and a son etc. It's a fact. Rebecca Wilson had opinions. Some hypocritical ******** are currently applauding her for them today. I have an opinion too. That Hitler and her are both shit people.
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Mate.

Hang on, I said Hitler was a husband and a son etc. It's a fact. Rebecca Wilson had opinions. Some hypocritical ******** are currently applauding her for them today. I have an opinion too. That Hitler and her are both shit people.
Hitler was a bit more than a shit person. Far worse then Rebecca Wilson.

Also fwiw a huge amount of the people applauding her today did so when she was alive. Buggered if I know how they thought her opinions were reasonable but somehow a lot did.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Mate.

Hitler was a bit more than a shit person. Far worse then Rebecca Wilson.

Also fwiw a huge amount of the people applauding her today did so when she was alive. Buggered if I know how they thought her opinions were reasonable but somehow a lot did.
I agree they're different degrees of shitness. Not disputing that. I simply put up an example that all types of shit people are someone's son, daughter, mother, father. And just because they are those things, it doesn't make them "good".

I've bagged the crap out of her while she was alive. And I maintain the same opinion of her in death.

She played a certain "game" in life that won her "awards" in some circles. But as a viewer of the "game" she played, I saw her as a vile human.
Essendunny
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

BenDoolan wrote: I agree they're different degrees of shitness. Not disputing that. I simply put up an example that all types of shit people are someone's son, daughter, mother, father. And just because they are those things, it doesn't make them "good".

I've bagged the crap out of her while she was alive. And I maintain the same opinion of her in death.

She played a certain "game" in life that won her "awards" in some circles. But as a viewer of the "game" she played, I saw her as a vile human.
That comment came from a compassionate point of view for her friends and family specifically who have lost someone important to them, whose lives have been drastically changed forever due to her death. I can spare a moment for them on a human level rather than trashing their mother, sister and friend by saying what I disliked about her. Why do they deserve that? And what's the point in going there anymore? She has passed away. There will be no more articles and life will go on. She did what she believed what was her job and that was her prerogative. Even though I am with you 100% on the nature of her articles, she had an opinion just like you and I. But for people (generally) online to say stuff like she deserved to die the way she did because they didn't agree with her views I just don't get. People can be so spiteful and nasty, and yes you can argue as a journalist she was too, but death is just something I don't believe anyone can take any satisfaction in. I think I'll just leave my views on this issue at that and move on.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

JP_40 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote: I agree they're different degrees of shitness. Not disputing that. I simply put up an example that all types of shit people are someone's son, daughter, mother, father. And just because they are those things, it doesn't make them "good".

That comment came from a compassionate point of view for her friends and family specifically who have lost someone important to them, whose lives have been drastically changed forever due to her death. I can spare a moment for them on a human level rather than trashing their mother, sister and friend by saying what I disliked about her. Why do they deserve that? And what's the point in going there anymore? She has passed away. There will be no more articles and life will go on. She did what she believed what was her job and that was her prerogative. Even though I am with you 100% on the nature of her articles, she had an opinion just like you and I. But for people (generally) online to say stuff like she deserved to die the way she did because they didn't agree with her views I just don't get. People can be so spiteful and nasty, and yes you can argue as a journalist she was too, but death is just something I don't believe anyone can take any satisfaction in. I think I'll just leave my views on this issue at that and move on.
That's fair enough.

But I think it's fair to speak the truth when it comes to my reaction to her passing. Something she struggled to do in her "professional" career...
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

You're not standing alone JP - I agree with you 100% It was poor taste IMO.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

You beat me to it,Bert.

I understand Benny's point of view,but for me,I'll just shuddup for a few days.

Now,what was it Andrew Hansen sang about again? :-"
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Tears flowing,tissues required this morning.

Did you notice Ben? :-"

Gerard Whately,then Ken Sutcliffe.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote:Tears flowing,tissues required this morning.

Did you notice Ben? :-"

Gerard Whately,then Ken Sutcliffe.
Didn't notice.

Don't care!

:lol:
Essendunny