PAULINE'S STUNT IN PARLIMENT

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
mdso
Club Captain

PAULINE'S STUNT IN PARLIMENT

Post by mdso »

AND; where was the security?

As for Brandt's speech, blaming Hansen's stunt and saying it will cause radicalization, if it is going to take place it will, blaming it on Hansen is simply looking for excuses and another stunt.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Re: PAULINE'S STUNT IN PARLIMENT

Post by billyduckworth »

I think you'll find security had already checked that it really was Pauline Hanson under the burqa BEFORE she was allowed to enter the Senate chamber.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

mdso wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:18 am AND; where was the security?

As for Brandt's speech, blaming Hansen's stunt and saying it will cause radicalization, if it is going to take place it will, blaming it on Hansen is simply looking for excuses and another stunt.
You don't think there is a link between radicalization and constantly seeing their Religion denigrated in the media and by our "leaders"?
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Sismis wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:55 pm

You don't think there is a link between radicalization and constantly seeing their Religion denigrated in the media and by our "leaders"?
You don't think their is a link between radicalisation and their religion?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

tonysoprano wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:59 pm
Sismis wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:55 pm

You don't think their is a link between radicalisation and their religion?
If it was the causal factor, then wouldn't the majority of participants be radicalized?
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

you claimed a link between denigration and radicalisation, is that a causal link?

If so, then surely the majority of Muslims would be radicalised?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

tonysoprano wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:00 pm you claimed a link between denigration and radicalisation, is that a causal link?

If so, then surely the majority of Muslims would be radicalised?
So you assume all Muslims react the same to offense?
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Haha! Then what's the problem with the "denigration"?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

tonysoprano wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:10 pm Haha! Then what's the problem with the "denigration"?
Are you really that prejudiced or was that just a logic failure?
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Ok, so you have a problem with Pauline denigrating Muslims, and perhaps my "prejudice".

Let me ask you your thoughts on some other things:

How do you feel about the Taliban denying women access to education?
What are your thoughts on little girls in Nigeria getting their clits cut off, being sold as child brides?
What do you think of gay men in Indonesia being whipped for performing a "homosexual" act?
How do you feel about women in Saudi Arabia, when raped, they get stoned because they bring "shame on their family"?
Or also in Saudi - that people get their hands cut off, or be-headed for some crimes?
What do you think of the Palestinian view (and that of other Islamic nations) on Israel's right to exist?

The only reason you question my logic and "prejudice" is because you don't have the guts to stand up against real atrocities. Because arguing with me (white, middle-class, non-Muslim, non-religious) there is no chance I'm going to cut your head off and put in on youtube.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

tonysoprano wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:44 pm Ok, so you have a problem with Pauline denigrating Muslims, and perhaps my "prejudice".

It's shit. Theocracy is a shit idea.
tonysoprano wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:44 pm What are your thoughts on little girls in Nigeria getting their clits cut off, being sold as child brides?
It's shit. Can you guess how many states in the US allow child marriage?
tonysoprano wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:44 pm What do you think of gay men in Indonesia being whipped for performing a "homosexual" act?
It's shit
tonysoprano wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:44 pm How do you feel about women in Saudi Arabia, when raped, they get stoned because they bring "shame on their family"?
Or also in Saudi - that people get their hands cut off, or be-headed for some crimes?
It's shit. Surely they are suffering some form of sanction... no? I wonder why that is.
tonysoprano wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:44 pm What do you think of the Palestinian view (and that of other Islamic nations) on Israel's right to exist?
Are you serious?
tonysoprano wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:44 pm The only reason you question my logic and "prejudice" is because you don't have the guts to stand up against real atrocities. Because arguing with me (white, middle-class, non-Muslim, non-religious) there is no chance I'm going to cut your head off and put in on youtube.
I stand up against this shit all the time. This is what you don't seem to understand, you can support people's freedom to pursue religion while criticising the negative aspects of their practices.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Great, it seems like we agree then.

Ps. I'm not sure what you meant by "are you serious"? Re: Israel.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Yeah, "where was the security?" was definitely the main issue here.
You're fighting a losing battle there - if you want to talk security (again, not the main issue) her pathetic performance really only demonstrated that there was no security risk.
Intelligence chiefs both here and the US have been clear that it is more effective to work with people, not alienate them.
There's also the issue of not being just a c*** of a person in general.
She's a f****** racist, backward, redneck peanut. It's hard enough to make sense of the junk you write about football without trying to expand beyond that. Give it a rest.
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

tonysoprano wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:38 pm Great, it seems like we agree then.

Israel is the world champion of opposing the right to exist.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Sismis wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:02 pm
tonysoprano wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:38 pm Great, it seems like we agree then.

Israel is the world champion of opposing the right to exist.
Turn it up.

As an aside, if you get the chance have a read of ayaan hirsi ali article in weekend inquirer today.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

She didnt wear the burka when she arrived at Parliament House. She whacked it on just before she entered the senate.

She, like Trump, is a hate mongering baiter.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

tonysoprano wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:44 pm Ok, so you have a problem with Pauline denigrating Muslims, and perhaps my "prejudice".

What are your thoughts on little girls in Nigeria getting their clits cut off, being sold as child brides?
What do you think of gay men in Indonesia being whipped for performing a "homosexual" act?
How do you feel about women in Saudi Arabia, when raped, they get stoned because they bring "shame on their family"?
What do you think of the Palestinian view (and that of other Islamic nations) on Israel's right to exist?

The only reason you question my logic and "prejudice" is because you don't have the guts to stand up against real atrocities. Because arguing with me (white, middle-class, non-Muslim, non-religious) there is no chance I'm going to cut your head off and put in on youtube.
What you need to understand is that much of what you cite is acts based on culture, not religion. Or, in the case of religious beliefs, an extreme adaptation. As is terrorism.There is a difference. And there are extreme beliefs among almost all religions (and cultures).
Rather than pointing those out, the ones pretty much all of us can agree are horrid, tell us what your core beliefs are and then let's compare ideologies.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Seriously? So radicalisation occurs in a vacuum does it? You don't think it might be some sort of rebellion or vengeance? Against those who denigrate you or seek to oppress you?
By the way, Brandis (not Brandt) is the one who said everyone has a right to be a bigot, and who wants to weaken our anti-discrimination laws - not exactly the first person that comes to mind when you think of people that might be offended by a stunt like Hanson's.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

f*** me. My brain hurts after reading this shit.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Gimps wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 pm f*** me. My brain hurts after reading this shit.
:lol:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.