Larry Nassar

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Larry Nassar

Post by BenDoolan »

Congrats to the US judge who sentenced this swine to 175 years jail.

I wonder what our garbage courts would have dished out?
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Larry Nassar

Post by grassy1 »

How did the Judge calculate the 175 years?

Straight out or 25 for 7 charges,......etc.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

He’d be out on bail if he lived in Victoria.

I hope he gets ass raped every day he is in jail. What a germ of a human.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:13 am How did the Judge calculate the 175 years?

Straight out or 25 for 7 charges,......etc.
Just mathematics...
It is my privilege on counts 1, 2, 5, 8, 10 and 18 and 24 to sentence you to 40 years. And when I look at my cheat sheet, 40 years, just so you know and you can count it off your calendar, is 480 months.

The tail end, because I need to send a message to the parole board in the event somehow God is gracious, and I know he is, and you survive the 60 years in federal prison first, and then you start on my 40 years. You’ve gone off the page here as to what I’m doing. My page only goes to 100 years.

Sir, I’m giving you 175 years, which is 2,100 months. I’ve just signed your death warrant. (crowd begins to applaud) I need everyone to be quiet. I still have contempt powers, I told you all I’m not nice.

I find that you don’t get it. That you’re a danger. You remain a danger. I’m a judge who believes in life and rehabilitation when rehabilitation is possible. I have many defendants who come back here and show me the great things they’ve done in their lives after probation, after parole. I don’t find that’s possible with you. So you will receive jail credit on counts 1, 2, 5, 8, 10 and 18 of 369 days. On count 24, you will have 370 days jail credit.
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

I know very little of this case, but 2 things are instantly clear:
1. Nassar is a scum
2. There are many others who are complicit and deserve severe punishment also, for their part in allowing his deeds to continue, whether by their actions, or their inactions, in relation to complaints made against him over a long period.
Sickos all of them.