A Familiar Melbourne Sound I Miss

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

A Familiar Melbourne Sound I Miss

Post by grassy1 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Heard on Insiders,from the Melbourne Mining Club(where’s that I wonder?Bourke St?) -

A Tram Bell.

Gawd,I miss Melbourne.Worse still,the crook leg makes it very difficult to fly.Need 4 weeks off,so maybe I can go sleeper class on the Indian Pacific to Adelaide,then the Overland to Melbourne.Get off in Spencer St,to familiar sounds(and smoggy smells). :lol:

If I get clearance to fly,maybe I take a shorter flight to Adelaide,stay there for a couple of days,then a short flight to Melbourne,....

Trick is,the trip back West from Adelaide might take 3 Hours instead of 2 and a bit.Mmmm!

Still,I miss good old Melbourne.I know it’s changed for the worse in some ways(Ben :wink: ),but a trip to Burke Rd,Camberwell,the Chocolate Box,Windy Hill and down the Bay to Rellies in Brighton,ahhhhhh!

Where does one go for a drink at Essendon Football Club these days?Windy Hill or the Airport HQ?

Windy Hille
High Draft Pick

Re: A Familiar Melbourne Sound I Miss

Post by Windy Hille » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:20 pm

Windy Hill still has a watering hole. Not sure if new facilities has any bars. Don’t think so. Bistro and bar at Windy Hill is definitely there.

Don’t forget to bring your snorkel! :lol: