GOODBYE AUSTRALIA!!!

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

GOODBYE AUSTRALIA!!!

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun May 19, 2019 5:55 am

Can Queensland secede please? May cyclones, floods, drought and rain wipe your fu-cking moronic black hearts off the face of the Earth. Maybe then you cu-nts will finally not only believe in climate change but be a victim of it. You deserve a biblical pestilence that befits your collective born again tiny brains.

Goodbye Australia.

A shouty ad man with the aid of a blustering con man and blithering moron have stopped progress in its tracks.

What will happen in Australia now? The inmates have finally taken over the asylum for good.

Good luck with things everyone.

We now have a country that is a captive of a con man who spent $70 mill on insane misinformation who should really be in jail for cheating his workers and the worst dumb racist cu-nt who demonises easy innocent targets who also should be in jail for cheating tax payers.

I may as well become a doomsday prepper and hone my martial arts skills for the rest of my life. Now Australia has joined America and Britain in insane policy pursuit with morons at the helm its going to be an even nastier dog eat dog world.

At least in the 50s and 60s the likes of the DLP voters may have hated communists but they had a heart.

The only good thing to come out of the night is the end of Tony Abbott. However, a serial racist and demoniser like Dutton survives.

Labor can never again go to the electorate with a reform agenda of this kind. They need to use the same tactics as the coalition. Just be a small target, spread misinformation then get into power and only then will we see real change.

It’s down to Albo now. Maybe he is the only person that will have the cut through to defeat Morrison.

Regards

MH_Bomber

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: GOODBYE AUSTRALIA!!!

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:52 am

People close to me aren’t Liberal Voters,MH.

What may have seemed like a reform package to some,looked like Daylight Robbery to others.In my book,this election boiled down to the old hip pocket.

And whether we like it or not,a lot of people didn’t trust Labor enough with the changes they were proposing,probably because Labor did not properly explain them enough.

When you have ordinary folk close to you saying,the changes were going to hit them,more than those at the top end of town and Labor wasn’t coming clean about them,you tend to sit up and listen.

Still didn’t vote for Morrison and Co in a Safe Liberal seat,but I had a feeling I didn’t need to.I did however,vote 1 - 67 in the Senate,with Clive and friends about bottom of that 67.

Those reforms aren’t necessarily dead.They just need to be pitched better to the swinging voter.And perceived to be much fairer and better explained.They have 3 years to sort themselves out.

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun May 19, 2019 9:02 am

Thanks Grassy1.

I agree. The hip pocket with the franking credits and negative gearing bit. I ran into in a random dad I have known for years after handing out how to vote cards. He spoke passionately about his parents who were self funded retirees who relied on the franking credit hand outs. My sisters friend normally a Labor voter was going get hit with not getting that handout. I am sure the those anecdotes could be repeated all over Australia.

So no matter how right those changes were, it was dumb dumb dumb to bring them in in that form.

Negative gearing changes needs to be nuanced as well. Make it that if are just a speculating investor and already own 4 or 5 properties then no you can’t negatively gear.

The ALP will need to shift on these policies.

I think it can keep its climate change agenda because really there will be no choice but for the entire world to do more.
Regards

MH_Bomber

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 19, 2019 9:27 am

It’s 1993 re-visited. No-one ever expected ALP to win that one, but Keating pulled off a miracle by running an anti-GST scare campaign against Hewson. Keating really embarrassed the opposition during that campaign, and he won.

The problem for Keating was that he went into that election on full attack mode on the opposition, with very little on offer if he were to win government again - other than the L.A.W tax cuts that never eventuated. The annihilation that followed in 1996 was inevitable.

Going to an election with a tax reform idea, rarely works. The Coalition learned their lesson on that one, and promised a “never ever” GST policy after that. But that was until they won with such a majority that they could re-birth the “non core promise” for the 1998 election campaign knowing they would lose many seats, but not enough to lose government.

Here we are now. Shorten comes in with a reform plan that includes redistribution of tax rules, while the sitting government just sits their attacking it while not offering anything other than “it’s steady as she goes” for their own plan.

The next 3 years will be interesting. The Morrison government will need to maintain a “strong economy” without making anyone else “worse off” (the reason why he said Shorten should not be elected) or else they will be blown away in 2022.

Wait and see.

And yes, climate change should be on the agenda. I am one that isn’t so convinced on the level of impact humans make on it, but over the years, I believe we need to do more in reducing our emissions and pollution in general. There is simply no reason why we (and everyone else in the world) should not pursue a cleaner environment.
Unfortunately, you can't drown a witch!

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun May 19, 2019 10:42 am

Oh and can the Greens and Bob Brown just simply Fock off for good.

That stupid convoy into Queensland to stop the Adani mine just caused resentment and depressed the progressive vote up there.

The Greens tar Labor with their radical agenda to the extent that people just end up voting for the status quo.

As for the Morrison government. Let’s see what happens now. After they legislate the massive flattening of the tax system what are their policies. Oh yeah I forgot they haven’t told anyone what they are doing after that.
Regards

MH_Bomber

BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT » Sun May 19, 2019 11:30 am

The best part of last night was that it’s the last we will see of Bill. See ya.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:52 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 10:42 am
Oh and can the Greens and Bob Brown just simply Fock off for good.

That stupid convoy into Queensland to stop the Adani mine just caused resentment and depressed the progressive vote up there.

The Greens tar Labor with their radical agenda to the extent that people just end up voting for the status quo.

As for the Morrison government. Let’s see what happens now. After they legislate the massive flattening of the tax system what are their policies. Oh yeah I forgot they haven’t told anyone what they are doing after that.

Whoever Won,that would depend on what the Senate did and who is in it from July 1(?!).

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 19, 2019 12:57 pm

BERT wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:30 am
On that score Bert,I can see Paul Murray of The West Australian put his feet up,pour himself a good Port and say “Mission
Accomplished!”He really went Full throttle at Shorten for weeks!

On the other hand,Paul might be still aggrieved to see the minor parties affect legislation in the Senate.

If Tony is still around Bombertalk and reads Stokes’ Rag,he could confirm Paul’s true love for Bill! :lol:

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 19, 2019 3:06 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:57 pm
BERT wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 11:30 am
On that score Bert,I can see Paul Murray of The West Australian put his feet up,pour himself a good Port and say “Mission
Accomplished!”He really went Full throttle at Shorten for weeks!

On the other hand,Paul might be still aggrieved to see the minor parties affect legislation in the Senate.

If Tony is still around Bombertalk and reads Stokes’ Rag,he could confirm Paul’s true love for Bill! :lol:
He’s still in parliament. Just not the leader.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:13 pm

How long for,I wonder?Will he stick around for 3 years?

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 19, 2019 3:20 pm

grassy1 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:13 pm
Well, he’s just quitting the leadership, not politics.

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:55 pm

BenDoolan wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:20 pm
grassy1 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:13 pm
Well, he’s just quitting the leadership, not politics.
Yeah,I read about that briefly.If he wants to give his seat some service as simply as a MHR would,good on ‘im!

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun May 19, 2019 4:11 pm

I believe Albo is the only one that effectively appeal to those that they need to change their vote.

Bowen is the architect of the economic agenda that made Labor such a big target. He will be sullied forever with "If you don't like it. Don't vote Labor". When I heard him say that on the radio I was a bit shocked that he could be so confident of Labor winning that he could afford to suggest to people don't vote Labor.

As for opinion polls that ain't worth jack.
Regards

MH_Bomber

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Sun May 19, 2019 4:27 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:11 pm
I believe Albo is the only one that effectively appeal to those that they need to change their vote.

Bowen is the architect of the economic agenda that made Labor such a big target. He will be sullied forever with "If you don't like it. Don't vote Labor". When I heard him say that on the radio I was a bit shocked that he could be so confident of Labor winning that he could afford to suggest to people don't vote Labor.

Not a fan of Plibersek?

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun May 19, 2019 8:56 pm

A fan of Tania yes BD. However, is she someone that will be able to sell a message in most of Queensland?

I am thinking about who would change their vote in the right seats to cut through. Albo has that knock about thing that I believe many will relate to. He seems to have that direct communication thing in him. That is what it is going to take to knock off Morrison.

What I am most concerned about is the lengths and expense Clive Palmer engaged in to make sure Labor didn’t get in. Wall to wall Palmer ads in the papers and for three months worth of incessant prime time TV as well as every time I did a search on YouTube up popped an anti Labor a UAP ad. This insane misinformation campaign was happening for most of this year. Who can afford to compete with that?

I am very worried by the assault that is happening on democracy.

Maybe it would be better if voting wasn’t compulsory. There were 686,000 odd informal votes. That is almost 3 times the difference in the TPP major party votes difference.
Regards

MH_Bomber

rockhole
Club Captain

Post by rockhole » Sun May 19, 2019 8:59 pm

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:11 pm

I believe that Albo was chosen by the rank and file, only to be rolled by the factions who put Bill in. Albo would have been a lot more believable than that ex union thug and may have made a difference. Shorten's unpopularity together with a raft of new taxes was political suicide in hindsight, but who saw it coming.

To hear Dutton claim that it was "The Sweetest Victory" made me puke given he did his utmost to destroy the Labs.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark

MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber » Sun May 19, 2019 10:39 pm

That indeed was the most pukable moment of the night quickly followed by mad as a cut snake Barnaby gloating in front of the cameras.

I did get a laugh watching the footage of Julie Bishop orchestrating Tony Abbott getting the boot on 9.
Regards

MH_Bomber

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:41 am

If Clive got nobody in,ultimately it’s a waste of $70 Million on his part.Money That still would have been better spent,paying off those Fleeced workers of his,trust or not.

It’s weird how voters think,in particular with Joyce.What happened to all that anger in the bush towards the Nationals,in particular,the Murray/Darling Basin area?As for Joyce,it almost would not matter,if he was on trial for Murder.They’d still vote him in,in New England. :roll:

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman » Mon May 20, 2019 8:06 am

grassy1 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:41 am
If Clive got nobody in,ultimately it’s a waste of $70 Million on his part.Money That still would have been better spent,paying off those Fleeced workers of his,trust or not.

It’s weird how voters think,in particular with Joyce.What happened to all that anger in the bush towards the Nationals,in particular,the Murray/Darling Basin area?As for Joyce,it almost would not matter,if he was on trial for Murder.They’d still vote him in,in New England. :roll:
For Clive, it’s only wasted money if Labor got up. The rest comes down to preferences so Nats prob didn’t get much, but preferences with UAP and One Nation would’ve pushed them over the line...

P.S. glad Abbott lost his seat (even if I am notionally Liberal)

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan » Mon May 20, 2019 9:15 am

MH_Bomber wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:56 pm
A fan of Tania yes BD. However, is she someone that will be able to sell a message in most of Queensland?

I am thinking about who would change their vote in the right seats to cut through. Albo has that knock about thing that I believe many will relate to. He seems to have that direct communication thing in him. That is what it is going to take to knock off Morrison.

What I am most concerned about is the lengths and expense Clive Palmer engaged in to make sure Labor didn’t get in. Wall to wall Palmer ads in the papers and for three months worth of incessant prime time TV as well as every time I did a search on YouTube up popped an anti Labor a UAP ad. This insane misinformation campaign was happening for most of this year. Who can afford to compete with that?

I am very worried by the assault that is happening on democracy.

Maybe it would be better if voting wasn’t compulsory. There were 686,000 odd informal votes. That is almost 3 times the difference in the TPP major party votes difference.
I don’t think it really matters who the ALP have as leader when it comes to Queenslanders approval - unless the leader comes from there eg Kevin Rudd, Wayne Swan etc.

Queenslanders are different sorts of people. Sir Joh ingrained a certain psyche in them to distance themselves from the rest of the country. If they had their way, they would probably saw off their part of the land and want to govern themselves.

The fact that politicians like the Mad Katter, Clive Palmer, Fraser Anning, Malcolm Roberts and Pauline Hanson gets heaps of support from Queenslanders, tells us a lot about their bigotry, selfishness and racist views.