Revisiting Crikey

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Revisiting Crikey

Post by grassy1 »

Well,it’s been a while since I had a good look and jeez,I have missed a bit,with Founder Stephen Mayne still there.

Plenty of material to read,plenty of Poltical stuff,Media watching of the print kind.Gee,I’ve missed it.What about others?Dare I mention the F name? :-" :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: Revisiting Crikey

Post by grassy1 »

No sign of the old Flipper,but there’s plenty of material Togo over.

And that new Gee Whiz App isn’t really a great idea.Sure it can possibly help detect the virus.But Bernard Keane seems to be suggesting the Government,despite it’s assurances,can not be trusted in how the data might be used.

Sober reading really and I just hope my Employer doesn’t rush headlong into using the App,without seeking some Serious assurances.Or giving Bernard Keane a call! :shock:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Actually,I am surprised the old boy hasn’t returned,because Crikey are really cranking it up targeting News Corp and the Federal Givernment and I need him here to help me keep up! :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Wonder what they’ll make of Mike Pompeo’s Accusations that China developed Covid19 from a LAB?!

That Pompeo’s LYING I suspect!

Why should I believe the US after the Outrageous Lies that went with WMD!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:04 am Wonder what they’ll make of Mike Pompeo’s Accusations that China developed Covid19 from a LAB?!

Rule of thumb - whatever the US government says, believe the opposite.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:21 pm
grassy1 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:04 am Wonder what they’ll make of Mike Pompeo’s Accusations that China developed Covid19 from a LAB?!

Rule of thumb - whatever the US government says, believe the opposite.
Well,generally Republican ones anyway.The Democrats have their own Fuckups,but can’t measure up to the Republicans on all things bad!Thankfully!

Haven’t read what he said,but Trump’s had a nice old Crack at George Dubya,I believe! :mrgreen:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Plenty of material on Brittany Higgins and 3 other Political Staffers,plus the Aged Care Inquiry.

Where on earth does one start? #-o :roll:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Despite my left leanings and with the Western Australian State Election coming up,one gets the horrible feeling the total incompetence of the Federal Coalition is going to compound the general incompetence of the Western Australian Liberal Party and hand the Western Australian Mc Gowan Government a Whopping Majority in the Legislative Assembly and worse yet,control of the Legislative Council for the first time ever.

That used to be a thought well worth celebrating,but in reality,governments of any persuasion should not be given such power,that can run unchecked for the next 4 years.Don’t for one minute expect The main Media corporation in Western Australia to hold McGowan to proper account,unless it’s in their interests.Conservative?Kerry Stokes’ 7WestMedia?Forget about it!

Despite That Phone call to Rupert Murdoch,Kerry Stokes isn’t as conservative as he would have us believe.And you can bet your bottom dollar,a lot of local conservatives are mightily pissed off with Stokes for selling out to Labor and their Develoment mates in the Building and property world.

Problem is,like the Telegrapgh in Sydney,7WestMedia have such a hold on people’s way of thinking,that the Coalition simply haven’t got a hope in hades.Much of that is their fault,for the Shit they pulled in the Barnett years.

But the fact that Stokes Media Company is in bed with McGowan and Co,in shafting Liberal Electorates,with High Density Living,stacked Develoment Assessment Panels and appalling Develoment projects that communities don’t want,indicates that Kerry Stokes really only is for Kerry Stokes.Not the Conservative audience his Corporation had in the past,built a solid support base.

And Mark McGowan’s hollow words of Governing forAll Western Australians on Election Night in 2017,have proved to be exactly that,......Hollow!He,Planning Minister Rita Saffiotti and Local Government Minister David Templeman,have virtually declared War on the Western Suburbs and other conservative areas,with a big Stuff You in refusing to listen to many constituents.

Nearly 400 000 have voted alread6 and to me,most of them haven’t really thought that through.It’s simply a case of outta mind,outta sight!If they get the Government they have delivered us with a stupendous majority,that sweeps their concerns aside,they’d better not look to me for any guidance.They got the the Government they exactly Deserved!

A Government with a 2 House Majority and very little Accountability!

Quite depressing really!

🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Decimated!
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yep and just as I feared,Labor have Full control of both Houses,something they never did before in easily Won Assembly Elections.

Mr Green predicts they will have 22 of 36 Legislative Council Seats and now they can do as they please,as they will obviously claim they have the Mandate to do everything they stated on their Election platform.

Even including reimposing Daylight Saving on us.That’s something the Western Australian Electorate has rejected at least 4 times and I’ll bet London to a brick,it would have been quietly slipped into their agenda without too many looking into it.

But if people who voted early(about half a million at least)simply voted McGowan in on Border control and say they never noticed that on the McGowan Government’s Aggenda,they simply have No one else to blame but themselves,when the State Government Legislates on matters they don’t agree with.They(along with most the rest of the Electorate) gave McGowan that Mandate! :roll:

If this Election does one thing positive,it might Demonstrate to the Prime Minister and the New South Wales Premier,plus their Deputy is not to go poking their noses into our affairs,when it comes to Border control on Covid.

That message was made Crystal Clear by the Western Australian Electorate on Saturday,March 12,2021.

The McGowan Government had trouble on it’s plate on many fronts.But all that was swept aside by the one issue that was on the Western Australian Electorate’s mind.

Border Control,keeping Covid Out of Western Australia.That might be just pot luck if you ask me,but above Everything else,it was what the Electorate wanted!

If it wasn’t,it mightn’t be a reason the Prime Minister would want to hear.Take your pick,Prime Minister.Do you think you can spin silk out of a Shit Scenario?I seriously Doubt it,though it won’t surprise me one bit,if you gave it a nice old try!

And now the Liberal Party in Western Australia has been reduced to Rubble and the Status of a Non Party!

It’s a State Issue Now,isn’t it Prime Minister? :shock: You had better pray Western Australians didn’t focus on recent issues in Canberra,otherwise you will struggle to Win 1 House of Representatives seat in Western Australia next time around,which then delivers the Senate to the ALP in it’s own right!Unthinkable,but that’s a Serious Reality next time around!😖

That’s when you start praying,the Greens are the ones that in the way of that!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

How did the c*** Murdoch press spin it over there grassy? Is the election still “too close to call” or has McGowan “stolen the election”?
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I had better take a look,mate.

The Sunday Times used to belong to Rupe,but he sold it to Stokes in 2016.

Ironic that,because he had some decent journo’s under his nose,then.It’s gone downhill since Stokes took it over.Liam Bartlett’s good articles were no more,as he was a 9 Network employee,so off he went.

I’ll get The Australian tomorrow and see what the Spin is there.I dare say their in shock right now,online.Let’s have a look at the paywalled headlines.

www.theaustralian.com.au
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

No opinion pieces in TheTele,but James Campbell reckons the States are ingrates for whinging about the Government’s $1.2Billion travelpackage,saying only in Australia would that happen.

Perhaps he should try and convince the Wessssttterrnn Australian Electorate as a test case?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

The biggest worry right now Ben,is 7WestMedia.Having Betrayed their conservative viewers in backing McGowan,Saffiotti and Templeman to the hilt on the development front,the lack of proper scrutiny from them for the next 4years is going to be difficult to bear,particularly if Stokes is quite comfortable with a Labor Premier doing his bidding.

I guess that in politics as WA’s Paul Murray said,that the Worm will turn.But that could take another 8 years,before the Propietor Worm has wrung every last drop out of supporting Labor and decides it’s time for the Libs to return.

I wonder though if Stokes now,will allow his readership the chance to view Paul’s excellent article on Local Government Minister David Templeman,outlining his views on why the Minister should be Sacked!I guess I am dreaming on that one.Wonder if I can get the article in the State Library?Mighthekp if I can remember the Date.But I can be sure,I won’t find the story online.

Don’t know if Stokes is in breach of any Media Code hiding such opinion pieces,but I guess if he gets cornered by someone with better Media smarts than me,he’ll find a way to get out of that corner.

Ultimately,the story being written about 6 weeks before the Election mightn’t have made much difference.Strongly supported Incumbent Governments tend to be Bulletproof on that score.But it might have made a few people sit up and take notice.

The savage irony for me in that,was doing an Absentee Vote In Templeman’s Electorate of Mandurah,next door to the home of Peelmantle.And there was no Democracy Sausage to boot.C’mon Guys!!!!!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

lol @ Paul Murray and every rabies infected Sky News f***wit. Hope they enjoyed last night :lol:

What was with the Libs in WA? Were they running a negative COVID campaign against McGowan (eg anti border closure, anti everything?)
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:50 pm lol @ Paul Murray and every rabies infected Sky News f******. Hope they enjoyed last night :lol:

What was with the Libs in WA? Were they running a negative COVID campaign against McGowan (eg anti border closure, anti everything?)
I’m not sure they were running any sort of campaign and that probably sealed the deal.And Labor were the beneficiaries.There were some worthy independents to consider,but they didn’t get a look in because the tiresome old line from most folk that the Major Parties are”both as bad as each other”,they keep voting for them,instead of taking time to consider other options.

And with over 700 000 people casting their votes early,Independents didn’t stand a chance.People just wanted the Election out of the way and could not be bothered lining up to Vote.I guess lining up to shop all day each Saturday is enough for such simple folk.

I just wish Elections weren’t called during Footy Season,including Pre-season.Can you make the next Federal Election in November,PM?Go on,I’ll be noice,I promise! :-"
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Despite frequently disagreeing with the Western Australian Paul Murray,I’m glad we’ve got him over our way.

Wonder what gene split caused Mark and Chris Kenny to go in completely opposite directions?

Mark makes me think it was him that played Ficticious Freelance Journo Bob Foster in Series One of Frontline.And I just call Chris,Chas Licciardello’s mate.Well,I could hardly call him Dog ****** now,could I?That’s Chas’ job,if he dares,..... 8)
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Hey Ben,did you hear the one where two chiefFederal Libs claimed the Credit for WA Labor’s crushing Win last Saturday? :shock:

I kid you not,the PM and Michaelia Cash,reckoned they were part of it,doing the heavy lifting for WA in dealing with Covid.

I kid you not,you could not make this Shit Up!

:roll: :-& :evil:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:51 am Hey Ben,did you hear the one where two chiefFederal Libs claimed the Credit for WA Labor’s crushing Win last Saturday? :shock:

I kid you not,the PM and Michaelia Cash,reckoned they were part of it,doing the heavy lifting for WA in dealing with Covid.

I kid you not,you could not make this Shit Up!

:roll: :-& :evil:
It makes sense grassy.

Rabies symptoms:

Pain areas: in the muscles
Whole body: dizziness, fatigue, fever, loss of appetite, or malaise
Psychological: delirium, fear, or hallucination
Muscular: muscle spasms or paralysis with weak muscles
Sensory: pins and needles or sensitivity to light
Behavioural: aggression or irritability
Gastrointestinal: nausea or vomiting
Also common: anxiety, brain death, coma, difficulty swallowing, dilated pupil, drooling, excess salivation, headache, mental confusion, seizures, or stiff neck
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Mainly psychological then,.....?