DUMB c**** throughout history

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
F111
Essendon Legend

Re: DUMB c**** throughout history

Post by F111 »

I wrote "maybe". ;)

What we have all learned these last few years is that anything we read or hear shouldn't necessarily be deemed truth too quickly.

It makes it very hard to understand the real way of things.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/1 ... v-regiment

The whole region is an historical hotbed of politics and behaviours that are frightening.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:38 pm I wrote "maybe". ;)

What we have all learned these last few years is that anything we read or hear shouldn't necessarily be deemed truth too quickly.

It makes it very hard to understand the real way of things.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/1 ... v-regiment

The whole region is an historical hotbed of politics and behaviours that are frightening.
Yeah, absolutely.

Nothing ever changes. Two sides to every story, lots of lies mixed with truths, and you’re left to wonder which bits are facts and which are fiction.

Sick of it.

The war machine. East vs West, Left vs Right, Good vs Bad, Christian vs Muslim, Ding vs Dong…
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Hey.

Leave Ding Dong out of it! :lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:03 pm
F111 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:32 pm Maybe this whole Russia thing was a scam to start with, with lies to drive the narrative.

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2022/02 ... he-donbas/
Hmm, interesting. Are they also suggesting that the 13,000+ deaths (UN figures) in that region (81% of them are the Russian speaking population of the Donbas region) are also fake?

Let’s not pretend that Ukraine is a wonderful nation led by a “heroic leader”. The joint is the #1 corrupt nation in Europe, and ranked #9 corrupt in the world. They have a despicable element of fascist far right neo-Nazis in their military ranks.

Putin may be putrid, but that place has been a f****** disgrace since 2014.
I’ll take your point at what you said here Benny,but Pilger got taken to task by one Bernard Keane for similar arguements.Bernard seems to think John is a Dabhand Apologist for Putin’s Regime.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:20 pm
F111 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:32 pm Maybe this whole Russia thing was a scam to start with, with lies to drive the narrative.

Hmm, interesting. Are they also suggesting that the 13,000+ deaths (UN figures) in that region (81% of them are the Russian speaking population of the Donbas region) are also fake?

Let’s not pretend that Ukraine is a wonderful nation led by a “heroic leader”. The joint is the #1 corrupt nation in Europe, and ranked #9 corrupt in the world. They have a despicable element of fascist far right neo-Nazis in their military ranks.

I’ll take your point at what you said here Benny,but Pilger got taken to task by one Bernard Keane for similar arguements.Bernard seems to think John is a Dabhand Apologist for Putin’s Regime.
Then Bernard Keane must be a blind c***, and a neo-Nazi apologist!
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:28 pm

Don’t think so mate.He’s saying John Pilger has a bent that says much of this is All the West’s Fault and has gone soft on Putin as a result of that view.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Ironically,China might be a fly in Putin’s Ointment.

Taiwan’s no good to them levelled due to Russia’s problems.

Would be thinking Xi would be having a quiet word in Vlad’s Shell like,advising him to back off on the worst option,for the time being.

Cold comfort really,for Taiwan,Ukraine and everyone else.But for now,as mentioned before,the biggest break on Putin,will be China.

Xi
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:37 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:28 pm

Don’t think so mate.He’s saying John Pilger has a bent that says much of this is All the West’s Fault and has gone soft on Putin as a result of that view.
I still stand by my comments 8)
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Interesting Q&A last night. Stan Grant ejected a pro Putin member of the audience.
He mentioned the 13K dead in the Ukraine/Donetsk/Luhansk conflict, and the neo nazi battalion involved.

I think he framed his question too one sided, likely as a response to his perception the discussion was too one sided in Ukraine's favour.
Anyhow, he was asked to leave as it was perceived he was advocating violence...and the discussion moved on.

The exact truth should be discussed, no matter what..but sometimes knowing the truth and real circumstances is the difficult thing.

Putin might not be dumb, he might not be crazy, but he sure is a c***.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Stan should have debated that person and then moved,taking no more unvented questions.

If the guy was wrong,debunk his claims,rather than freeze him out.

You mightn’t have liked his line of questioning,but it was his his right to ask it or them,as they case may have been had he been allowed to stay.

As for vetting questions(and it’s not just the ABC),that’s Bullshit!

They should be without notice and Debated.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Furthermore,I had to remind myself my hearing test yesterday got a clean bill of Health.

I know I often say “I’m deaf as a Post”,conjuring up that bloody Jailer in Life of Brian,but I don’t recall hearing that Russian/Australian advocating Violence,STAN!!!!!

Maybe you’d be more comfortable at Barcelona Tonight,with that brand of debating on the ABC,Hmmmm?! :shock:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:47 am Interesting Q&A last night. Stan Grant ejected a pro Putin member of the audience.
He mentioned the 13K dead in the Ukraine/Donetsk/Luhansk conflict, and the neo nazi battalion involved.

I think he framed his question too one sided, likely as a response to his perception the discussion was too one sided in Ukraine's favour.
Anyhow, he was asked to leave as it was perceived he was advocating violence...and the discussion moved on.

The exact truth should be discussed, no matter what..but sometimes knowing the truth and real circumstances is the difficult thing.

Putin might not be dumb, he might not be crazy, but he sure is a c***.
The mind boggles 😵‍💫
Essendunny
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

THE PRICKLY PETULANT PONCE that is Donald Trump...

As the January 6th comitee continues to point out the fact that HE lost the election, and HE done everything HE possibly could to deny that fact.

Not only deny that HE had lost, but to say it was rigged and that HE`d been cheated out of it.

Then he had dick-heads like Eastman and Giuliani (the latter being pissed, almost always, and both just making mighty bucks off him, k-ching) giving him bullshit advice and telling him what he wanted to hear.

Facts are as the hearing has already pointed out that trump had advised two known trouble making groups (proud boys the oath keepers, plus other insurrection right-wing groups to BE THERE. And they were, spear-heading the entire red-neck fraternity that showed up that day, marched, (well stormed) the capital and KILLED SIX innocent fkng people.

I reckon some-how the yanks`ll find a way to 'presidently' pardon the arse-hole BUT he should at the very least financially compensate the families and loved ones of all those that were killed that day.

He may not be dumb, but he sure is a c***.
Last edited by desmondo on Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

And a Very Dangerous 1st Class c*** at that!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

c*** of the century, shared with Pootin.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Sky News,Daily Mail,2GB and Channel 9 in relation to Outback Nurse -

Rachael Hale

That wonderful soul highlighting the problems of Alice Springs,claiming she was in Alice Springs,but instead in Darwin and charged over a host of matters.

Feeling rather Stupid are we,people?!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Source - Crikey News
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Pat Cummins Captaincy at Headingly,Deserves the Absolute Condemnation it Gets!

Jesus Pat,you Deadset Idiot!

Appallingly Bad Tactics!
desmondo
Regular Senior Player

Post by desmondo »

I nominate the pommy cricket team for NOT having a drink AFTER the series. A series they thought they would win on their own dunghills and they didn`t, so they sulked. Very fkng petulant. :-"
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

desmondo wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:48 pm I nominate the pommy cricket team for NOT having a drink AFTER the series. A series they thought they would win on their own dunghills and they didn`t, so they sulked. Very fkng petulant. :-"
They did though.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

nudder12 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:52 am
desmondo wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:48 pm I nominate the pommy cricket team for NOT having a drink AFTER the series. A series they thought they would win on their own dunghills and they didn`t, so they sulked. Very fkng petulant. :-"
They did though.

If a nightclub counts.

Did they actually have drinks in the Host’s Pavilion afterwards though?