Queen Elizabeth II

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Queen Elizabeth II

Post by grassy1 »

70 Years on the Royal Throne,since the passing of her Father King George VI and even now,unbelievably she is gone.

I guess at 96 and her Health starting to really play up on her,we shouldn’t be surprised,but I guess we are.

Even Republicans.

I won’t say too much now,given the time of day it is.But for starters I guess the one thing I can say about the Much loved Monarch of the United Kingdom,especially in England,is her dedication to duty.For all that went on around her,sparking some doubt about the future of the Royal Family,she is the one constant that held the Monarchy together and most likely assured it’s future,certainly in England.

Rest In Peace Your Majesty!

For you have Certainly Earnt It!
Rover99
Regular Senior Player

Re: Queen Elizabeth II

Post by Rover99 »

AMEN Grassy, an amazing woman from every angle and so much a part of my life growing up. I think we were all very loyal up in Newcastle.
I tell a story that I went over to WA only once in my life for work (public service work) and stayed in a big hotel in Perth. Next morning there were only 2 of us in the lift and the other guy looked vaguely familiar. It turned out to be Prince Phillip. He told me he was on a lightning visit to Perth to open something or other. What a surprise. Very jovial and relaxed kind of guy. RIP the both of them now. Wonderful lives.!!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I'm glad you recognised him.

https://youtu.be/Uw9g1Q74t4s[/YouTube]
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yeah,the Duke had a blundering tendency to put his foot in it,but the not so tender years probably had him saying things he never would have before and recoiling in horror if he thought such statements through,before opening his mouth. #-o :roll:

He played his own part beforehand in securing the popularity of The Royal Family and had his own Award to encourage young Men to strive for Excellence.Not sure it was available for Women though.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

grassy1 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:39 am

What did she do to earn anything?

The Lizzie in a box song sung around Ireland and Scotland was a banger. :P
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

robrulz5 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:07 am

As Scottish and Republican minded as I am,the image and appeal of the Royal Family was advanced a great deal,by the Queen’s ability to present it’s image as Good Ambassadors,which seemed to resonate with many ordinary folk around the World.She didn’t really need sugar coated treacle from politicians who went overboard in their admiration,as confirmation to her popularity mind you!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:19 am

As Scottish and Republican minded as I am,the image and appeal of the Royal Family was advanced a great deal,by the Queen’s ability to present it’s image as Good Ambassadors,which seemed to resonate with many ordinary folk around the World.She didn’t really need sugar coated treacle from politicians who went overboard in their admiration,as confirmation to her popularity mind you!
They provide absolutely nothing to society, all they do it take.

The English and unionists are a weird bunch, very similar to the Dan Andrews cult here in Victoria but except it has been going on for hundreds of years and they actually do have blood on their hands.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

robrulz5 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:03 am

The English and unionists are a weird bunch, very similar to the Dan Andrews cult here in Victoria but except it has been going on for hundreds of years and they actually do have blood on their hands.
Don’t deny the past History at all,Rob.Been a bit different since George VI though,don’t you think?Sure,they probably still live a priveledged life at the Taxpayers’ expense,but I would like to think they’ve stood for a more humane side of Humanity,than the bloody past,which I believe they’ve put their hand up and acknowledged that terrible past.Or at least the then Prince of Wales did.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:37 am

Don’t deny the past History at all,Rob.Been a bit different since George VI though,don’t you think?Sure,they probably still live a priveledged life at the Taxpayers’ expense,but I would like to think they’ve stood for a more humane side of Humanity,than the bloody past,which I believe they’ve put their hand up and acknowledged that terrible past.Or at least the then Prince of Wales did.
They might want to start teaching that past in their schools as they all seem to thing the English are squeaky clean.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

robrulz5 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:47 am

They might want to start teaching that past in their schools as they all seem to thing the English are squeaky clean.

That one probably needs a change of Government,because the Current one wouldn’t change their Historical perspective.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:11 am
robrulz5 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:47 am

That one probably needs a change of Government,because the Current one wouldn’t change their Historical perspective.
They'll never change it regardless. It's ingrained within their society.