Sincere Regards to All Families

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Sincere Regards to All Families

Post by grassy1 »

My Sincere Regards and Kind thoughts to all Families and Friends of the 2 Police Officers and 1 Innocent Bystander who paid too great a price for the Callous disregard for Life,displayed in Queensland.

I am deeply saddened by their passing too soon in life and hope the healing process for those left behind is eased by a great support base to help deal with their Loss!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Sincere Regards to All Families

Post by robrulz5 »

Horrible situation. I read that the two officers never stood a chance as they were ambushed and basically executed.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

robrulz5 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:57 am Horrible situation. I read that the two officers never stood a chance as they were ambushed and basically executed.
It’s not you or others,but in that context,I hate that word Executed!

Call it for what it is,….Murdered!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I’m just a bit shocked by the nature of the offenders.

When I first heard, I immediately thought “career criminal scum”. I’m just dumbfounded that one of them had been a principal at several schools (and highly regarded / respected), and his wife was also a school teacher. The brother bit - well… some weird shit going on there.

Just f***'n why?

Some “conspiracy theory” bullshit?

FMD.
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

BenDoolan wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:02 pm I’m just a bit shocked by the nature of the offenders.

When I first heard, I immediately thought “career criminal scum”. I’m just dumbfounded that one of them had been a principal at several schools (and highly regarded / respected), and his wife was also a school teacher. The brother bit - well… some weird shit going on there.

Just f***'n why?

Some “conspiracy theory” bullshit?

Haven’t read up on it,but the word was they were deeply into it.

FMD.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Very sad indeed. Sadly, they did not stand a chance.

There is severe violence happening right across the world and I guess we need to get to the bottom of the cause of what's happening here and ask ourselves, what is happening to people, to cause this violence?

The youth gangs in Victoria and brutal knife attacks. Being able to purchase all sorts of knives on the net and some of the kids buying them, are only 12. This needs to be looked at and stopped ASAP. It seems like people are going crazy and violence has become a buzz and sort of like entertainment. Giving these kids bail is a big mistake.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

mdso wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:41 pm Very sad indeed. Sadly, they did not stand a chance.

There is severe violence happening right across the world and I guess we need to get to the bottom of the cause of what's happening here and ask ourselves, what is happening to people, to cause this violence?

The youth gangs in Victoria and brutal knife attacks. Being able to purchase all sorts of knives on the net and some of the kids buying them, are only 12. This needs to be looked at and stopped ASAP. It seems like people are going crazy and violence has become a buzz and sort of like entertainment. Giving these kids bail is a big mistake.
I don't know what the answer is.
One part of me says if they gave proper punishments for minor offences that might deter more serious crime, but on the other hand I don't think we can "lock up everyone for everything" so to speak.