Pope being targetted by violence!!

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Pope being targetted by violence!!

Post by Makaveli »

The pope made a comment stating correctly that "islam was a religion created by violence" and the islamic world is outraged. What do they do? burn effergies of the pope, state the popes safety is in danger and explode a bomb outside and orthodox church in the middle east.
How can he apologise now, these actions just validate his comments even more. I suppose here in australia another church will misterously burn down over the next week or so now, due to another electrical fault lol.
temporary stevo
On the Rookie List

Post by temporary stevo »

thankfully we've got all these peace loving Christians to set such a fine example.
Marillion
Top Up Player

Post by Marillion »

The muslims say the Pope is wrong and then say,quote"The Pope should be shot on the spot by the nearest Muslim".They breed HATE for the Western world as soon as they're born.This happens in EVERY country where they are,and even here! You don't see groups of mad,radical suicidal Christians blowing people up (and stupidly,THEMSELVES).They want our Pope dead,burn our crosses and blow up the Vatican and Rome! THANK GOD THEY'RE NOT A VIOLENT RELIGION!............. :evil:
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

Marillion wrote: You don't see groups of mad,radical suicidal Christians blowing people up
You're dead right. The U.S. Republican administration certainly aren't suicidal.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Hearing what is happening following the Pope's speech the other day in reference to the Prophet Mohammed and so on has to be honest given me the shits.

I am getting sick and tired of Muslim people carrying on feeling hard done by when someone makes a statement about them.

Does the world now have to bite their toungues and tippy toe around them?

It goes back to these harmless comics a few months ago where the response was to torch embassies and create violence for the hell of it and to then have a competition on the best holocaust cartoon.

In Indonesia, Howard and Downer had a cartoon drawn of them in a sexual position. If Australains carried on after that comic Muslims would condem us and call it acts of war.

This situation with the Lebonon conflict really shitted me when it purely turned in to a propganda war with contiual reporting of civilian casualties.
I was extremely sympathetic to Isreal and its situation.

Hezbollah terorist continually attacking Ireal, civilians at that. Suicide bombers. Then they crossed the border into Isreal to kill some soldiers and kidnap two of them. Something of what you could call an invasion of sorts. Isreal says enough is enough and retailiates to wipe out terrorists that are continually attacking their country and people.

The thing is is that terrorists have no regard for life. They hang around civilians, take over normal peoples homes, carry out attacks from civilian areas because when they are attacked in retaliation, these civilians die and the retaliator is condemned.

There was only a story in the paper on Saturday. A suicide bomber going into a crowded restaurant in Isreal full of Mums, Dads,Nannas,Granddads,Children haveing lunch on a Saturday, the Sabbath. The bomb was full of metal pieces. Everyone died. All this for jihad or holy war, to f****** kill any bastard that does not follow the Islamic faith.

Then there is plots to blow up planes to go after American interests. Their three biggest airlines and to stop people to go to their five biggest cities New York, Chicago, Boston, LA, Washington. The victims innocent civilian people and one martyr who gives their life for god for the jihad or holy war.

What I say is "WHAT ABOUT US?". Do we have to live life with on going threats from Islamic fundamentalists who continually attack normal people going about their daily business, a soft target, just because we don't believe in their ways? Do we have to live having to just put up with their shit? Do we have to live life by copping their violence and then being condemned when we say our mind or pyhsically do something about it to protect our selves by trying to do something about our attacker?

It's a bit of a one way street at the moment. The Pope condemns violence and refers to part of the Koran that incites violence and hatred, something that the Bin Ladens and co are spreading and carrying out to the letter. Can't the decent Muslim people (which there are many) realise that it's not them we are criticising, its the Islamic terrorists voilence and hatred that is being condemned.

It shits me. I hate this we'll kill anybody we want and do what we want, but don't f****** say anything bad about us or retaliate against us because we'll think your picking on us and we'll retailiate more and make you look worse stuff makes me sick. :evil:
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Bravo Benedict. Pope John Paul's work over the years - virtually rendered useless with one bloody lecture.
Bombers till' I die
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

The Man from Bomberland wrote:Bravo Benedict. Pope John Paul's work over the years - virtually rendered useless with one bloody lecture.
what work is it you're referring to?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

His work in building a positive relationship b/w Muslims and Christians.
Bombers till' I die
SuperSonic
High Draft Pick

Post by SuperSonic »

It's on!

The Crusades vs Fanatacism 2006

Should be a blow out!
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

I am deeply sorry for the reactions in some countries to a few passages of my address which were considered offensive. These were in fact quotations from a medieval text, which do not in any way express my personal thought."
POPE BENEDICT XVI , referring to a speech he made last week that stirred anger across the Muslim world
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
serkan
Top Up Player

Post by serkan »

I'd just like to clear up the fact that not all muslims are crazy bastards that just want to kill all christians because i dont and if I walked outside and asked someone if they would like to shoot the pope, 100 percent of the time they would say no
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Not all Muslims are crazy at all.

The majority of Muslims are good people and don't have a violent bone in their bodies.

It's the extremist minority, that carry on with jihad and holy war and all they think about is killing Jews, Americans and anyone who doesn't follow Islam that are the problem.

Islam is a peaceful religion.

The minority that follow the word of the Koran and follow their crusade that centuries old - the minority, who are the terrorists and are what needs to be stopped.
serkan
Top Up Player

Post by serkan »

I've always wondered, why do people become terrorists?
temporary stevo
On the Rookie List

Post by temporary stevo »

bombercol wrote:The majority of Muslims are good people and don't have a violent bone in their bodies.

The minority that follow the word of the Koran ... the minority, who are the terrorists
so, um, the majority of Muslims don't follow the word of the Koran?

oh, and your long post above was equally absurd. it was like saying "people have been pissing off Muslims, and now that the Muslims are pissed off, it's all their fault."

put down the crackpipe before you post.
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

bombercol wrote:
It's a bit of a one way street at the moment.
A bit like your posts. Do you have anything to say about the violence waged by a reckless and insidious superpower that claims to represent freedom and democracy. Sure, there are alot of crazy mother******* out there who will do anything in the name of religion or, even worse, use religiously motivated violence to achieve their own self serving ends but your posts are one sided rubbish.
bugman
Champion of Essendon

Post by bugman »

Marillion wrote: You don't see groups of mad,radical suicidal Christians blowing people up
That's cause they are too busy murdering abortion doctors.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

bugman wrote:
That's cause they are too busy murdering abortion doctors.
Exactly. Not to mention something called THE CRUSADES. Yeah, Christianity is not violent at all.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Gotta love the hypocracy...

Honestly wtf was he thinking? I know he was a ball-breaker in his early days but this was just the dumbest thing a Pope of all people could do given the current climate.
Bombers till' I die
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

Ok, those who call christinaity violent are so far off the mark it's incredible.
Love thy neighbour.
If someone strikes you, turn the other cheek.
Christianity saved the world as we know it, because it's all about peace and back in those times mankind was in danger because of the inhumane acts upon fellow humans.

Also the fact that the pope is being threatened and on t.v disparaging remarks toward him and jesus are being made, symbols of him being burnt and not one reaction from the 1.1 billion catholics in the world. But hey, it's a violent religion.

In islam there are a few statements that need to be looked at.
Anybody that disrespects mohammed should be beheaded.
It is ok to strike your wife so that she shows you respect.
It is ok to have multiple wives.
Infidels can not be your true friends.
You will go to paradise if you die in the name of defending islam (martyrdom)
Anybody that changes from islam to another religion will be executed.

Be good if we could have this all cleared up, maybe serkan can do so as i think with australia's increase in muslim immigration intake by 25% since september 11, we need to understand wtf's going on.
Last edited by Makaveli on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serkan
Top Up Player

Post by serkan »

Exactly. Not to mention something called THE CRUSADES. Yeah, Christianity is not violent at all.[/quote]

that was 1000 years ago...everyone was violent back then