Christopher O'Brien

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Christopher O'Brien

Post by AnarchicBomber »

I'm sure you've all heard about this and, sadly, stories of hideous crimes are not a rare occurence. However I just thought this was worth mentioning as the only thing we can offer this person is to remember him and the other vulnerable people in our society.

Christopher O'Brien was a 22 year old intellectually disabled man from Noble Park. Between March 1 and March 8 this year he was taken to a house, tortured and murdered and then had his body dumped in a drain. Several people have been charged. If this story could possibly be even more sad it took until last Saturday, some five months after the event, for Christopher to be reported missing.

I guess different things affect all of us in different ways. I found this one particularly disturbing. What sense, if any, can we make of such a story? The answer is perhaps none but what we can do is look out for each other and those who may find it a bit harder to look out for themselves. Evil preys on the weak. Who will help the weak?
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Yeah,I heard about Chris,AB!

What can one say,really?

They found the guys under suspicion,amazingly.Too bad it was TOO LATE for Chris!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Unfortunately, these creatures will be given the best representation in court, the best conditions in prison (if found guilty), and the best opportunity to re-enter society. There is no such thing as punishment fitting a crime, especially on cases like this......or like what was aired this week about the Anita Cobby murderers. I know what I'd like to do to them....
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

BenDoolan wrote:Unfortunately, these creatures will be given the best representation in court, the best conditions in prison (if found guilty), and the best opportunity to re-enter society. There is no such thing as punishment fitting a crime, especially on cases like this......or like what was aired this week about the Anita Cobby murderers. I know what I'd like to do to them....
I watched that program too. If there was ever a case which would convince me that the death penalty has a place in today's society, it would be that one.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Christopher O'Brien

Post by robbie67 »

AnarchicBomber wrote:I'm sure you've all heard about this and, sadly, stories of hideous crimes are not a rare occurence. However I just thought this was worth mentioning as the only thing we can offer this person is to remember him and the other vulnerable people in our society.

Christopher O'Brien was a 22 year old intellectually disabled man from Noble Park. Between March 1 and March 8 this year he was taken to a house, tortured and murdered and then had his body dumped in a drain. Several people have been charged. If this story could possibly be even more sad it took until last Saturday, some five months after the event, for Christopher to be reported missing.

I guess different things affect all of us in different ways. I found this one particularly disturbing. What sense, if any, can we make of such a story? The answer is perhaps none but what we can do is look out for each other and those who may find it a bit harder to look out for themselves. Evil preys on the weak. Who will help the weak?
In my opinion, it's another damning indictment on the type of society we have become. It's all "me first, and the gimme gimme gimmes". For all of the Federal Government' economic credentials, what have they acheived? Nothing really, just some tax cuts across the board, with most of it fed through to the top end of the spectrum. Billions that could have been spent on mental health, general health, dental health, water infrastructure, education, and real nation building projects have been pissed away, so that we now can aford some impulse items. What a waste.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Re: Christopher O'Brien

Post by bombers_rock »

robbie67 wrote:so that we now can aford some impulse items. What a waste.
I like my impulse items. Don't you dare take them away from me. :P:lol: