Hughesy vs Kyle Sandlands

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
Madden
Club Captain

Hughesy vs Kyle Sandlands

Post by Madden »

Has anyone else been following this?

Apparently it all started when Hughesy called Kyle Sandilands a “massive dickhead” during a joke at the Logies. I certainly wouldn’t consider that the worst thing in the world, it was clearly a joke, but now this has happened:
Petulant shock jock Kyle Sandilands is prepared to go to jail to exact revenge on comedian Dave Hughes.

Kyle has promised to punch Dave in the throat – why the throat and not the face we're not sure – but he's intent on causing some physical pain when they eventually cross paths.

What sounds like a typical Kyle grab for headlines could end up as an interesting time for Channel Ten execs as both personalities feature on the network.

The grumpy Idol judge is irate at Dave, who appears on Rove most Sunday nights, for calling him a "dickhead".

"I don't care if I go to jail for three months, that guy needs a punch in the throat. Simple," Kyle trumpeted on his 2DAY FM breakfast show with Jackie O.

The outburst yesterday follows Kyle's appearance on Andrew Denton's Enough Rope. Andrew played a clip from the 2007 Logie Awards, where Dave called Kyle "a massive dickhead".

The Australian Idol judge returned fire with: "I hate him – the next time I see him I'm going to punch him in the throat."

Andrew also referred to a situation that occurred on the popular breakfast program several weeks ago, when a young listener phoned in to say he had caught his dad in a sexual act with another man. Kyle took the extreme step of ringing the boy's father to confront him live on air.

While Kyle tried to defend himself, saying his program was "an outlet" for listeners, Andrew went as far as to suggest he was "playing with people's lives" by exposing their personal situations live on air.

The fiery Denton interview airs on the ABC on September 3.
In response, Hughesy issued a press release today which states the following:
"Mr Dave Hughes has issued a public apology to Mr Kyle Sandilands, who has made comments in the past days in reference to remarks made by Mr Hughes at the 2007 TV Week Logie Awards.

"Mr Hughes said : 'I am sincerely and deeply sorry that Kyle Sandilands is a massive dickhead.'

"Mr Hughes hopes that this sincere and unreserved apology will put this ugliness to rest and stop Mr Sandilands from going to jail.

"Mr Hughes further remarked: 'No one deserves to go to jail just for being a massive dickhead. Massive dickheads have the same rights as normal people.'

"Mr Hughes is not available for further comment on this matter."
For the record, I think that Kyle Sandilands is the single most untalented person in the media today. He is a typical big-talking gutless wonder, and I have hated him for years. And i don't love Hughesy that much either, but in this contest - lets go Hughesy....

Thoughts?
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Kyle > Hughsy
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

From what I've seen of the two, Hughesy is a comedian who takes the piss and can laugh at himself and does a good job at it.

His reference to Sandilands is an extremely accurate one imho.

What is Sandilands claim to fame apart from beating up on people who don't meet his standards on Australian Idol?

The guy's a knob!

Go Dave
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I'm not a big fan of Hughsie's but his response is an absolute pisser!

Kyle a "shock jock"? Hardly he is try-hard bad-ass who adds nothing original to anything he does. I doubt he has a single fan over the age of 20.

I'd back myself against Kyle, I don't think Hughsie has a lot to worry about.
5Alive
Top Up Player

Post by 5Alive »

Hughsie for sure!!!
Kyle will probably get a migrane when they cross paths and have to go lie down :P
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well, I'm siding with Hughsie because Kyle is a massive dickhead.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:Well, I'm siding with Hughsie because Kyle is a massive dickhead.
Watch your throat Ben :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Kyle Sandilands is proof that not all abortions are completely succesful.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Kyle is a complete ****stick, it's as easy as that. You're in the media, people will comment about you. If you think threatening violence everytime someone says something about you you don't like is mature or clever, you're a ****stick.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Megs, did you call him a f***stick and did f***stick get censored :shock:

Edit: Obviously a bit of self censorship then....it's good to have some responsible people around here :wink:
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

I think its quite funny. Would love to see them going at it in a boxing ring. ;)
Kyle needs to f*** off though. Hughesy is funny, Kyle is just a wanker.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

KaaN10 wrote:Kyle > Hughsy
Wrong

Hughesy > Dirt > Kyle
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Gee I would've thought Kyle Sandilands would've been too scared of breaking a nail to punch someone!!!

But Dave Hughes is wrong....Kyle is not a massive dickhead. He is a monumental dickhead!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Kyle Sandilands further enhances the argument for retrospective abortions. The guy is a F****** tool.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

KaaN10 wrote:Kyle > Hughsy
Are you talking about weight or girth??

Great call by Hughsy Kyle is a fat f****** tool... Molly was right!!
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

swoodly, I didn't think it would get picked up and I was right.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Gotta watch Enough Rope in a few weeks. Denton picked him apart.

Compulsory viewing.
Bombers till' I die
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Hughesy: " If I went to punch his forehead, I couldn't miss, it's so big! "

He had a fair go at him on Rove.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I like Hughesy's apology. Im sorry to Kyle for the fact he is a massive dick head. Classic.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

robbie67 wrote:I like Hughesy's apology. Im sorry to Kyle for the fact he is a massive dick head. Classic.
Indeed. :lol:
Don't mess with comedians Kyle, you'll lose every time. ;)