Daylight Savings

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Daylight Savings

Post by paddyl90 »

The old thread must have been deleted with the change over thing but just a reminder for those who've knocked back a few :lol: to put clocks forward an hour tonight to start daylight savings. No replies needed just here for those who didn't know. :roll:
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Thanks for the reminder.
I have already sprayed the curtains with anti-fade.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Lousy farmers.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

OK for you SOUTHERNERS.

You'd need as much Sun as you can get.Not needed my way.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

About time you lot caught up ;)

Our curtains have been fading and the cows freaking out for nearly a month now ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

If the MAJORITY wanted it Megan.That';s a Big IF!

Daylight Saving's great on a cool Summer's Night in STANLEY,when they warmed up the FIREPLACE(Heater now)and it's about 10 degrees on Sunset and getting cooler.

At the same time watching the PERTH weather and seeing 45 C !Glad I was in Tassie then.Daylight Saving's great there.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Daylight Savings is great Grassy...it's just a shame it's taken so long for it to come to WA (Wait Awhile).

The funny thing is that the way the government here is trying to get it voted in, is apparently the same way they did it Tasmania back in the late 60's

IE: Run it as a trial for three years and then have a vote....first year, everyone bitches and moans, second year and people start to get used to it and only the farmers and people with curtains complain, third year and people like it and then vote for it...woohoo :D
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

If the PRO LOBBY is that confident Swood,let the next result be PERMANENT.

Whoever Loses,LOSES!

NO MORE REFERENDUM!Why won't the Pro Lobby go for that?

Because even after 3 years,they'd LOSE!
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I meant you lot as in Vic etc Grassy, because Tassie goes a month earlier ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Thankfully my new blinds got installed on Saturday...... and I promptly slept in this morning.

Nice one!
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

grassy1 wrote:If the PRO LOBBY is that confident Swood,let the next result be PERMANENT.

Whoever Loses,LOSES!

NO MORE REFERENDUM!Why won't the Pro Lobby go for that?

Because even after 3 years,they'd LOSE!
If it doesn't get up at the next referendum, the pro lobby will still keep trying to get it through and eventually they will win as the population base continues to expand with people from the Eastern States and overseas who are used to it.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

grassy1 wrote:OK for you SOUTHERNERS.

You'd need as much Sun as you can get.Not needed my way.
im curious Grassy,
what are your objections to daylight savings?
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Had DS in QLD when i was a wee tacker; you'd go to bed at 10pm and there was still daylight.

Doesn't stop the wankers in Brisbane wanting to bring it back tho.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

azza78 wrote:Had DS in QLD when i was a wee tacker; you'd go to bed at 10pm and there was still daylight.

Doesn't stop the wankers in Brisbane wanting to bring it back tho.
Where did you live in those days?
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Enough daylight hours in the west here as it is. ****** hate it (daylight saving that is), the sooner the trial is over the ****** better...

We may be the Wait Awhile state Swoods but the whole reason it has never got through is because we have never needed it.
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Stocksy wrote:Enough daylight hours in the west here as it is. ****** hate it (daylight saving that is), the sooner the trial is over the ****** better...

We may be the Wait Awhile state Swoods but the whole reason it has never got through is because we have never needed it.
I'm pretty sure that no-one needs daylight savings but there are a lot of people (including me) who like it.

Referendums never succeed without bi-partisan political support. The previous referendums have not had it and so they have failed. The next one will also fail if the main parties cannot both agree on the outcome.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Pretty simple i reckon. If you're the type of person who actually does stuff past 8pm on a regular basis (i.e. work, go out etc) then it's good. But if you're the type of person who has to get up at 6am to get to work and your day is pretty much done by 7 or 8 o'clock, then it's an inconvenience.

Personally i developed a hatred of daylight savings as for about 8 years i had to get up at 5.15 four or five mornings a week, and daylight savings was a fuckn light thief. Just as it was getting light around late October, daylight savings would come along and plunge my mornings back into darkness.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

ZRS,I wouldn't mind as such in itself.When I go to Melbourne,it's fine.Most of the time,being a cooler climate,it's great having the sun go down near 9.

In PERTH alone it's a different story.The FREO Doctor is a relieving factor,but it's not enough.When it fails,it's LOUSY!

A 40 Degree day in January and February is barely tolerable,when the Sun goes down after 7.It's worse when the DOCTOR FAILS.It takes all night for it to cool down and by the time you hit the Hay,it's still 30 or so.

With an extra Hour of Sunlight,it's damn near UNBEARABLE.No matter what time,you CRASH it will always be a few degrees warmer.Mightn't seem that way to people who like it,but it makes a HELL of a DIFFERENCE.

It boils down to Basic DEMOCRACY.Maybe it shouldn't be left to the people to decide,but in our case TOO LATE.The Bed's been made,we INSIST on being asked to vote on this.

We were asked 3 times and each time we have said NO!The Pro Lobby doesn't like that and will gloss over it,but it's UNDENIABLE FACT.

They also know,that should we hold another Referendum NOW(For which they wouldn't DARE),the result will be the same.NO!

It's bad enough when Pollies DON'T LISTEN to the Majority on SUCH a SIMPLE ISSUE as this.It's even WORSE,when the Majority of those Pollies come from the WA ALP.DISGRACEFULL lack of regard on their part for the SILENT MAJORITY.

The only ones coming out,SMELLING LIKE ROSES right now are the NATIONALS and Upper House Libs/Greens.

The WA Libs are DITHERING on whether or not to press for a Earlier Referendum in 2008 rather than latye 2009.

My worry is we won't get a Say at all.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Airconditioning anyone?