Congratulations or Happy Birthday Thread.

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Re: Congratulations or Happy Birthday Thread.

Post by rockhole »

JP_40 wrote:Start first full time - job tomorrow!

Hello adult life! Will be interesting....
Good Luck, JP.

Just finished my working life 2 months ago.

Hope it's a great journey!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Good luck mate. What are you doing? Apologies if you've already said so somewhere else on here...
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Good luck. Hope its a good job.

I've been very lucky that in the 20 years that I've been working, I've only had 2 jobs. Was with one company for 15 years and with my current one since. The quality of life you lead is so different when you enjoy your job.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Ossie wrote:

Good luck mate. What are you doing? Apologies if you've already said so somewhere else on here...
Thanks for the well wishes. I was hired to be a Travel Consultant for Flight Centre. Finally get to put my studies to use and get that change I've desperately been seeking. Been an amazing year of growth for myself and glad to have all the foundations set to tackle the next goals for 2014. Hopefully get to enjoy the many travel incentives involved with the job but more so have a larger income than the pissy part time situation I had before. First week of training done - Full on job I'm undertaking but definitely ready!
Ossie wrote:

Nah you didn't miss it. I'm barely on here any more. As I said above a Travel Consultant for Flight Centre :) Thanks for the well wishes.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

23 :-k

To think I've been on here since I was 14/15. We're all growing up ;)
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

JP_40 wrote:23 :-k

Where's the "..How many days to go" thread???
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

JP_40 wrote:
Ossie wrote:

Thanks for the well wishes. I was hired to be a Travel Consultant for Flight Centre. Finally get to put my studies to use and get that change I've desperately been seeking. Been an amazing year of growth for myself and glad to have all the foundations set to tackle the next goals for 2014. Hopefully get to enjoy the many travel incentives involved with the job but more so have a larger income than the pissy part time situation I had before. First week of training done - Full on job I'm undertaking but definitely ready!
Ossie wrote:

Nah you didn't miss it. I'm barely on here any more. As I said above a Travel Consultant for Flight Centre :) Thanks for the well wishes.
Excellent.

Mates rates.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

rockhole wrote:
JP_40 wrote:23 :-k

Where's the "..How many days to go" thread???
After this year I've thoroughly enjoyed the off-season. Been pre-occupied embracing adult life that I haven't even considered footy. 9 weeks til NAB Cup if you really want to know ;) I can still wait though...can't wait to put parts of 2013 behind us.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Congratulations to my 2 beautiful daughters:

Number 1:

Did her Honours in Law following HD's in all her Law subjects but refuses to practice as she can't lie. Her last tute was by the Law Associate Professor who told this year to all the Honours Students that they had 2 choices; Practice the Law or Tell the truth; you can't do both.

Last year got a 98 in her Thesis of her History Assignment (highest in Monash History Department history) and just came back yesterday from her Fellowship in Florence after a month there on Monash. She will do her PhD from 2014 and become a Associate Professor in her chosen field in a Academia career wherein she can have a life whilst doing something she loves...foregoing a Law "career" in lying....already Lecturing Undergrads 3 Days a week and doing 2 days a week research for the head of the History Department. =D>

She thoroughly agrees with the sentiments in: http://www.independentaustralia.net/life/law , having been pursued by every major Law Firm in the State. They are dogs.

Number 2

Didn't get the marks in VCE to do her Early Childhood Development Course (mainly due to an undetected early childhood disability since resolved) so did 2 years at TAFE, got her Diploma and in her 2nd Monash Year (HD's all the way) got a Scholarship to go to East London Uni on exchange out of 5 for the whole of Oz, and got back Wednesday. An example to all parents here that there is a 2nd way in.....VCE is not the be all and end all. =D>

There are always negative people in this World whose Jaundiced view of life will always bring personal attacks. Let them not discourage the rest of us.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I didn't go into legal practice because the laws and system in this country are bullshit. And lawyers are pricks.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

j-mac31 wrote:I didn't go into legal practice because the laws and system in this country are bullshit. And lawyers are pricks.
J Daughter #1 tells me 80% of the top Law Grads DON'T practice.

Depressing that we have the 20% dregs "looking after us" :roll:

Wish we had the Continental system.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Well I'm definitely not a top law graduate.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

Happy 89th Birthday Dad.....still sharp as a tack and following the Bombers strong as ever :D
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Flip wrote:Happy 89th Birthday Dad.....still sharp as a tack and following the Bombers strong as ever :D
Congrats to the old bugger!!!

I really miss discussions with my old man who was in the rare position, such as your Dad, of having seen it all and thus able to make comparisons of some of the greats from yesterday with those of today.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

rockhole wrote:
Flip wrote:Happy 89th Birthday Dad.....still sharp as a tack and following the Bombers strong as ever :D
Congrats to the old bugger!!!

I really miss discussions with my old man who was in the rare position, such as your Dad, of having seen it all and thus able to make comparisons of some of the greats from yesterday with those of today.
Cheers Rocky,

I take it from your past tense, you Dad has passed. Sorry for your loss. :( Don't know how I am going to go when Dad goes especially now he is a 24/7 sole carer for Mum (Dementia - refuses to put her in a home - his generation stick). He is my confidante, best mate, advisor and just knows so much stuff.

Wish the Club could get all the older members to do aural history's of their memories of our mighty Club like the War Memorial did/is doing with our Vets. What is inside their heads is gold.

Couldn't be that hard could it?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

f*** you Megan. :(
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

boncer34 wrote:f*** you Megan. :(
Charming. [-X
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Flip wrote:
boncer34 wrote:f*** you Megan. :(
Charming. [-X
My bad.

Megan you're exactly like Hitler.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Yeah Hitler didn't post peoples birthdays on forums either. Totes. Never mind you can pay me back in April ;-) now go clean the sand out of you vagina.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Megan wrote:Yeah Hitler didn't post peoples birthdays on forums either. Totes. Never mind you can pay me back in April ;-) now go clean the sand out of you vagina.
I already have the cake and balloons ordered.

Of course you have to wear the balloons whilst jumping out of a cake for me......