Computer Help

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Computer Help

Post by ealesy »

I'm not very computer savvy and need some help.

Now I had one infrared mouse attached to our PC. We then changed our mouses around and that mouse is attached to another computer in the house and another infrared mouse is attached to the PC.

The problem is the PC still reads the mouse now attached to the other computer and it is annoying as all hell and makes the PC practically unusable while the other computer is being used.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem apart from switching them back because this is not an option.
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Re: Computer Help

Post by The Fly »

Never used an IR Mickey. Does it have a driver that you need to uinstall?
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

I've tried that, it simply rendered the mouse connected to the PC useless.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

If it's IR, the mouse shouldn't be picked up by the other PC if it's more than about 3 or 4 metres away. Just tested mine then. Also, you could try pointing the IR receiver(if possible) in the opposite direction to the other PC to the point where you can still use it on the PC you want.

Maybe try changing the IR receivers as well if you can.

Having failed that, go to Start Menu>Control Panel>System>Device Manager. Find the drivers for the mouse, right click properties & select uninstall. Do it on both PCs.
Reboot one of them, hopefully XP detects the mouse & installs the drivers automatically. If you have a driver disk for the mouse, use that to select the drivers.
Once working, do the same to the other mouse & see how you go.

Doing this from memory as I use Vista & there are tiny differences in getting to menu things etc..