Extras

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Extras

Post by j-mac31 »

Anyone else watching this on ABC?

More comedy gold from Ricky Gervais. Andy (Gervais) and Maggie are great characters, as are the new characters each week. But what makes it really good (probably better than The Office IMO) is the famous actors. They fit in well and take the piss out of themselves to perfection.

I would recomend it to everyone.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I'm waiting for both series (Gervais said he's only making 2 series of it) to become available in a box office set, so it can complement the box office set i have of The Office. As a result, i haven't been watching it on the ABC, but i do look forward to it.

Personally, i think i've seen every episode of The Office at least 20 times, and i still love it. So much so that i've adopted various mannerisms that mock David Brent, which have got me into trouble at various times with, among others, parents, bosses and friends.

I've got to learn to stop lying to the boss at work and then, when he turns his back, giving him the Pinocchio nose extension motion - that'll get me in strife soon.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Have seen last weeks episode. Recorded last nights and will watch when I get home. Thought last weeks was ok. Nothing special but I have been told it is the weakest of the series. Last nights is suppost to be the best of the series.

Loved the Office. I think that's the best show ever made. It was just so well made.

You can get Extras on DVD for about $30. Might pick it up on the weekend.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I am a huge Gervais fan, and I have been catching Extras for the past three weeks. I chose to watch it on TV and not on DVD as I knew if i bought the DVD I would just go through it in a day....

So far, Extras has been fantastic. Last night's one was by far the best so far. I won't ruin it for you Bert, but it is classic Gervais/Merchant cringe writing. If you think the cringe-factor of The Office was about 10/10, this episode takes it up to about 25/10. Its unbearable, but great to watch as always.

Speaking of which, for all fans, do yourselves a favour and have a look at the Microsoft training videos that have recently been leaked online. They feature Gervais as Brent being interviewed by a Microsoft worker played by Merchant. They both go for about 15 mins, but they are fantastic.

Check out the videos at: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9387457440

And read about why Microsoft are so pissed off at: http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2006/ ... 45965.html

Is Extras better than the Office? I would say no at this point, but the fact that some people are even making those comparisons means that its pretty bloody good. The Office would have to be one of the top 5 comedies ever made IMO.
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

I like Extras but I don't think it comes close to The Office. But I doubt much ever will!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

........You won't believe this, but the Old Girl just got back from buying some books from Dymocks and, unannounced and unrequested, bought me series one of The Extras!!!!! :shock: :D ...... a somewhat scary coincidence!

So much so for making this the weekend where i was going to catch up on an aggregate of 15 weeks uni work :o :wink: .
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Very quality show
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

"My husband will be rummaging around in my basement while I polish his Oscar"...

Gold..
Who do you trust to keep interest rates low?