I quit.

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
BERT
Champion of Essendon

I quit.

Post by BERT »

I quit my job today. vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje

At least I have another one to go to.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: I quit.

Post by Sismis »

Congrats Bert! I'm hoping to do the same very soon. Must be a great feeling.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

God it's the year for it. I gave notice for mine the other week, tho working thru until October. We're all on the move - it's like musical jobs ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Megan wrote:God it's the year for it. I gave notice for mine the other week, tho working thru until October. We're all on the move - it's like musical jobs ;)
Moving south? 8)
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Solid. Can't imagine doing something lamentable for 40+ hours per week.

I have recently locked myself in for 5 years at my job :lol:.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Bonce, I thought I'd take up work from home... you know... the sort of job a girl can do from home, self employed, makes a bit of money... easy on the feet... not much standing...
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Sismis wrote:Congrats Bert! I'm hoping to do the same very soon. Must be a great feeling.
I'm still smiling now and it's been 12 hours.

Pricks are making me do my 4 weeks notice as well even though I'm going to there biggest competitor.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

shit yeah man, kick their asses haha
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

And I did nothing today. They have taken the biggest customer I deal with off me. What's the point of keeping me?

Spent half the day outside having smoke breaks.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Megan wrote:Bonce, I thought I'd take up work from home... you know... the sort of job a girl can do from home, self employed, makes a bit of money... easy on the feet... not much standing...
BYO Red Light ????
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Got the arse 2 weeks before Xmas. Great timing and soooooo compassionate. I was told I had done such a good job, I was no longer required!!! At least I was made redundant.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Yes that sucks Rocky. It happened to me a few years ago and it does make you feel at a loss when you are on the one hand being told its not your performance its just some restructure. I think most people will find this will happen to them in their working lives. Luckily we didnt go into a major recession like every other country in the world.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Finished up today. After 15 years there they didn't even buy me a beer. Got nothing off them.

Start at my new job tomorrow. Can't wait for it now.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BERT wrote:Finished up today. After 15 years there they didn't even buy me a beer. Got nothing off them.

Start at my new job tomorrow. Can't wait for it now.
That sucks Bert...I've been with my mob for just over 10 years now and they gave me a pen :roll: (must have been worth about $2)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

rockhole wrote:Got the arse 2 weeks before Xmas. Great timing and soooooo compassionate. I was told I had done such a good job, I was no longer required!!! At least I was made redundant.
Similar to me. I was at this place doing 50 hours a week, I even worked on Australia day for the c****, and I got made redundant the day after we lodged our Financials for Year End (im an accountant). The thing is, they were going to let this other chick go, but I said keep her, basically because she is so useless that no one would hire her. So what happens???? She stabs me in the back and im out of a job. Im not worried, I was the only one there (this includes the Financial Controller) who knew how to do the reconciliations for the Gross Profit, Bank accounts, BAS statements, debt collection etc. The boss is now struggling to cope, and it is making unemployement easier to handle :D

Rocky, what field are you in? Have you found a job since then?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BERT wrote:And I did nothing today. They have taken the biggest customer I deal with off me. What's the point of keeping me?

Spent half the day outside having smoke breaks.
Went through a very similar thing a couple years back Bert. My boss told me I won't be doing anything, but I had to turn up every day until he could sure up the client lists a tad. Not that I wanted to steal them anyway...

Ended up going to the flicks, the pub or ten pin bowling during work hours most days for six weeks... Got to the office at around 10.30am. In the pub / cinema / bowling alley by 12. Back to the office for a laugh at 4 (Making sure the boss would see me...). Then I'd be back home by 5. Had a ball in the end...

It's weird because everything is in a kind of limbo. The boss knows you think he's an arse but he keeps the money coming your way regardless. Sweet!!! vingertje

Goodluck in the new job. Same to Megs and Rocky...

:wink:
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

New job is going great. It's busy as hell but I'm loving it.

Been 4 days and the place I used to work at rang me today and offered me another job. More cash etc. I pretty much told them to get farked. It was a job that when I asked about it before I was told that I was to good at my job I was doing to be promoted. I'm so glad I'm out of there.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Start Monday, 10 minute drive from my house!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Rossoneri wrote:FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Start Monday, 10 minute drive from my house!
Good luck with the new job Ross...and only ten minutes from home...you lucky bugger :D
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Rossoneri wrote:
rockhole wrote:Got the arse 2 weeks before Xmas. Great timing and soooooo compassionate. I was told I had done such a good job, I was no longer required!!! At least I was made redundant.
Similar to me. I was at this place doing 50 hours a week, I even worked on Australia day for the c****, and I got made redundant the day after we lodged our Financials for Year End (im an accountant). The thing is, they were going to let this other chick go, but I said keep her, basically because she is so useless that no one would hire her. So what happens???? She stabs me in the back and im out of a job. Im not worried, I was the only one there (this includes the Financial Controller) who knew how to do the reconciliations for the Gross Profit, Bank accounts, BAS statements, debt collection etc. The boss is now struggling to cope, and it is making unemployement easier to handle :D

Rocky, what field are you in? Have you found a job since then?
I've been flogging and supporting software for longer than I care to mention. It gets harder all the time because of the age thing but I have 2 really great opportunities which I find out about next week. Been over 3 months now which is long for me. At least I can go and watch training!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark