School Bully's

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Re: School Bully's

Post by j-mac31 »

Filthy wrote:Thoughts?
1. Well done to your son.
2. Schools/government are soft on bullies and they will continue to be a big problem for the foreseeable future. If anyone gets into trouble out of this it will be your son for elbowing someone.
3. Send him to Melbourne High.
4. Your title holds a grammatical error. Clearly the brains weren't inherited from Dad. :wink:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

He's got every right to defend himself, and the bully will learn from it. That said, the way our schools are these days, your son is more likely to get into trouble than the phuckwit that is causing the trouble initially :?

But yes, great work from the Junior Filth.. In a perfect world, I would be rooting for your son to break his jaw next time.. vingertje
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

It is unfortunate but it is a part of life. I got into a lot of fights growing up, i have always been a nerd and was also one of very few "ethnics" in a small town. It wasn't until I was in year 9 and started doing drama that i gained the confidence to resolve these issues without using fists.

It is interesting though, i was quite small and skinny untill I hit a growth spurt about 16. I did not "win" many of the fights i got into, but very few people picked on me twice.

I'm with you Filth, my wife is a teacher by training and does postgrad studies in English and is also a bit OCD, not being the greatest speller in the world it can make my life very difficult.

I always use the argument that English grammar is ilogical and has too many exceptions.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

hell yes good on him! the schools wont do anything proactive but your son just did, no more troubles i bet

i always regretted not belting this one kid at school BUT i did absolutely smash him in a tackle for footy and yelled something at him while on the ground much like that port guy did to lovett last year after the coathanger
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Sissy I've seen pics of you... you don't look very ethnic? Maybe I'm thinking of another random bald dude ;)

As it always is in footy where the retaliator is suspended and the person who started it gets off scott free... it is in school yard fights. I hope your boy doesn't cop any retribution for being teased.

I was teased mercilessly for being one of the few kids in my catholic private school who wasn't religious and was from a blue collar family. By students and teachers alike. I like to think of it as character building ;) But it's something that no child - or adult - should have to deal with.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Fair chance I am random bald dude. My father is Morroccan and not terribly dark. Now that i am bald I don't look particularly ethnic especially in Melbourne.

As a youngster though I had a massive afro and in the town that I lived in (Hamilton in the western district) we did stand out. It was interesting when I came to school in Melbourne for a couple of months, I was called a 'skip'!

As I mentioned, after I gained confidence I found it a lot easier to deal with. But for people who aren't confident it can be tough.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" and those of us who were bullied and got through it definately develop a thick skin. But there are a few who do not and every year you hear of kids (and not just kids) taking their own lives due to what is to them completely overwhelming misery.Obviously it is much better to throw a few punches than to go down this path.

Then of course there is the other tragic extreme we see in the US and also with our own Martin Bryant. People who don't fit in, getting bullied then retaliating with guns. Seems to be at least one of these a year.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Brilliant to hear Filthy.

I think the new age, politically correct "let's all sit around in a circle and talk about our feelings" approach to this issue doesn't achieve as much as 4 knuckles (or an elbow, in this case), used sparingly of course. I've advised my brother to do the same. He's the same age and copping the same shit.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Filthy wrote:Bloody hell J, your worse than both him and my oldest daughter on grammar and spelling. :lol:
Just taking the urine Old Filth. Couldn't resist, given the nature of the thread. I usually let the (regular) shit grammar go.
Sismis wrote:I'm with you Filth, my wife is a teacher by training and does postgrad studies in English and is also a bit OCD, not being the greatest speller in the world it can make my life very difficult.

I always use the argument that English grammar is ilogical and has too many exceptions.
Perhaps, but the use of an apostrophe and the difference between plurals and possessives are pretty straightforward. Or perhaps not. Maybe I'm the biggest nerd mentioned in this thread. Likely.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I think just about everyone encounters a form of bullying at some point in time throughout their school years - it just varies in intensity. I copped a bit from one f***** up kid in high school. You try to ignore it, hoping that they will eventually give up because they are not getting a reaction. When it doesn't ease up, and their bullying is relentless, a nice short sharp jab to the mouth, drawing blood from the lip, will generally stop them. It worked for me, so hopefully it works for your son :wink:
Essendunny
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

See the 'flog the bastards so they leave you alone' theory doesn't always work ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The reason the one being bullied seem to get in trouble for retaliating is because the bully runs of whimpering to a teacher! Bullies act all tough but if you stand up to them they'll back off pretty quickly.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

robrulz5 wrote:The reason the one being bullied seem to get in trouble for retaliating is because the bully runs of whimpering to a teacher! Bullies act all tough but if you stand up to them they'll back off pretty quickly.
Had one like this. For some reason this kid thought it was funny to punch me in the arm everytime we walked past each other plus punch a few of the other kids, obviously not life threatening but bloody annoying and all his mates thought he was top shit for doing it. So one day I offered a "punch off" one punch each to see who could hit harder. He punched me in the arm like usual. I punched him flush on the jaw so of course down he went. He went crying to the teacher on yard duty bout how I hit him, now I knew the teacher quite well he was always one of my favourites and he knew I wouldn't have done it for no reason. So he found out why it happened and then proceeded to tell the bully that it wasn't my fault that he was dumb enough to stand there and let me hit him on the jaw.

Said bully then complained that we said on the arm, my mates then laughed him down and told him no we just said hardest punch wins. Just because he'd made a thing about smacking people every day didn't mean I had.

Funny thing was he stopped hitting people after that.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Good on him. One thing like that is often all it takes.
I was bullied heaps at school - being the 'little' kid (I am still only 5'7" now) and one of the youngest in my year (I was only 16 by the time I started Yr12) I copped it a lot.
About halfway through Year 11 I snapped and slammed some guy up against a wall in front of the entire year level - not many people came near me after that. :twisted:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
F-111
Top Up Player

Post by F-111 »

Bullys have been around since forever, and they're not going away fast.

My big issue as a 16yo kid with a bully was sorted after he picked on me once too often. I had always just laughed it off, turned my back and walked away. His father was a police sergeant (traffic) and knew why his son came home with two black eyes (one closed completely), a fat lip and a blue chin. He didn't come to school until the following Monday, almost a week later. He was a tool with history, but his dad wasn't.

My parents were told by the school, but didn't mention it until I was about 30. :D

Two weeks later, he tried the same thing with a friend of mine. His response was more ferocious than mine, and he needed to be pulled back. :shock:
F111 with dash! 12223 posts just vanished!
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Filthy wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:The reason the one being bullied seem to get in trouble for retaliating is because the bully runs of whimpering to a teacher! Bullies act all tough but if you stand up to them they'll back off pretty quickly.
Had one like this. For some reason this kid thought it was funny to punch me in the arm everytime we walked past each other plus punch a few of the other kids, obviously not life threatening but bloody annoying and all his mates thought he was top shit for doing it. So one day I offered a "punch off" one punch each to see who could hit harder. He punched me in the arm like usual. I punched him flush on the jaw so of course down he went. He went crying to the teacher on yard duty bout how I hit him, now I knew the teacher quite well he was always one of my favourites and he knew I wouldn't have done it for no reason. So he found out why it happened and then proceeded to tell the bully that it wasn't my fault that he was dumb enough to stand there and let me hit him on the jaw.

Said bully then complained that we said on the arm, my mates then laughed him down and told him no we just said hardest punch wins. Just because he'd made a thing about smacking people every day didn't mean I had.

Funny thing was he stopped hitting people after that.
:lol: :lol: =D>

Would have paid good money to see that.

UPDATE: The bully my bloke belted...who hasn't come near him since my little fella (actually gotta stop saying since he is nearly eye to eye with me :roll: ) did the deed.....just gone done for selling (trafficking) the Bob Hope at school....and its a reasonably good standard, well run Catholic College. What comes around! At effing 13!!!!
Must be from Frankston. :D :D
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Filthy wrote:You mean Franghanistan Bertie? :D

Although there has been shitful violence when the Clubs shut in Main St., Mornington, the last coupla weeks. :(
It's everywhere now. Heros with to much grog or other substances in them think they are bullet proof.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I know this is a serious topic,but I can't help thinking about this from the Funny side.

e.g.TOMKINSON'S SCHOOLDAYS in RIPPING YARNS with MICHAEL PALIN,TERRY JONES playing leading roles in this PISS TAKE of TOM BROWN'S School Days.

Grayson,SCHOOL BULLY at GRAYBRIDGE was a Card wasn't he?

Not only did he Detest the sight of the DISMALLY UNTALENT LITTLE CREEPS,he made an Art Form of BULLYING the HEADMASTER and other TEACHERS,so good he was that he got a Job offer at ETON with Luxurious Perks on Offer to BULLY the students there.

Which lead to TOMKINSON getting the job after SCHOOL BULLY set him up to try the Vicar's new Tunnel system,whom SCHOOL BULLY Bluffed into believing it would get him an ARCHBISHOP'S GIG at CANTERBURY,when in reality,more likely UKRAINE.

TOMKINSON gets sent to the SCHOOL HOP which NO Boy from Graybridge has ever completed,but wins after a NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE rescued by SCHOOL BULLY early day CHEATING Methods.The job gets offered to TOMKINSON after the SILLY LITTLE HEADMASTER gets BULLIED into giving him such.

"Jolly good show Tomkinson!"

SNEER - 'Call me SCHOOL BULLY YOU GHASTLY LITTLE TOAD!"
:lol:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Any You tube experts out there with a RIPPING YARNS link?