Windows Media Player Help

Talk here about anything that isn't covered by the other boards....
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Windows Media Player Help

Post by paddyl90 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:35 pm

Hey guys and gals,

I tried installing new Windows Media Player and it didn't work and now im stuck with no Windows Media Player and this always comes up:

The file wmplayer.exe has a version number off 11.0.5358.4827 where 10.0.0.3646 was expected. Windows Media Player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled.

Does anyone know a solution to fixing it. I try installing 10 again but still not working coz it says that another version is running and it aint.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:11 pm

I don't know squat about computers generally, but i've had a similar problem with another program before.

First thing i'd do is restart your computer, then try installing the new version of media player. It could just be that the computer thinks you've got the old version running as a background process, and therefore restarting your computer before attempting to install the new version might help.

Otherwise, i'd go to the Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Add/remove programs, and from there i'd properly uninstall the existing version of Windows Media Player you have (if you haven't already). After that, hopefully your computer won't be tricked into thinking that an existing version of media player is still running somehow.

Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Windows Media Player Help

Post by Crazyman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Get a Mac :lol: