Why am I upset

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Whoa, whats with all the angst.

Didnt we offer Jordan Bannister or some other tripe for Scott West 3-4 seasons ago?

Siince when has West been the Bombers new love child?

What on earth has Adam Goodes done wrong?
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

robbie67 wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:Tell me you wouldn't take him at Bomberland in a second if he was available...
I'd have him. Terrific footballer.
who wouldnt? :)
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I have nothing against Goodes as a person, and yes he'd fit in very nicely at Bomberland. I just feel he wasn't the BEST and fairest this year - but the votes aren't up to me, are they?

I feel West and Judd should feel a little ripped off. Nothing personal against Goodes.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

No offence to west, but I dont think he deserved the brownlow anyway this year. I understand that he gets 30 touches a game, but he doesnt hurt you enough. Against the crows he got 45 touches, but only 6 clearances, which is low for a midfielder with a high possession count. And the fact that his team were down by 5 goals suggests he doesnt impact on the game enough.

If Judd or Goodes or Kerr had 45 touches, you can bet their teams would win by over 100 points.

I think west is a great player, but 2000 was the year he should have won the brownlow, not this year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Don't blame Goodes because West didn't win the Brownlow, that's his team mate Brad Johnson's fault! Adam Goodes is a deserved winner. Marvellous footballer.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

nomolos wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
nomolos wrote:Why are my thoughts of Goodes being, that he runs around without a man getting cheap kicks.

I know there are some Goodes bashers around here, where are you when i need you :P :P
lol im no fan of goodes but im not gana bag him
Cmon Jazz..Let it rip :P :P :P
lol fine...

i really dont like him, i hate pretty much everything there is about sydney, they are the team i watch least during the year and will spew if they go back to back

C'mon Weagles! put a dent in Goodes Perfect year!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well for all those who reckon that the umpires aren't the best people to give votes for players in a match, the AFL coaches have just equally voted Adam Goodes and Simon Goodwin as this season's most valuable players. I wonder where Scott West rated?

If anything, the 3-2-1 voting system needs to be shafted and replaced with a system that allows 15 votes to be allocated for the match with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 7 players getting votes. But they wont do it because the AFL just love these close, tight finishes on Brownlow night.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

BenDoolan wrote:Well for all those who reckon that the umpires aren't the best people to give votes for players in a match, the AFL coaches have just equally voted Adam Goodes and Simon Goodwin as this season's most valuable players. I wonder where Scott West rated?

If anything, the 3-2-1 voting system needs to be shafted and replaced with a system that allows 15 votes to be allocated for the match with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 7 players getting votes. But they wont do it because the AFL just love these close, tight finishes on Brownlow night.
How'd you come up with that arbitrary system?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Jazz_84 wrote:
nomolos wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
nomolos wrote:Why are my thoughts of Goodes being, that he runs around without a man getting cheap kicks.

I know there are some Goodes bashers around here, where are you when i need you :P :P
lol im no fan of goodes but im not gana bag him
Cmon Jazz..Let it rip :P :P :P
lol fine...

i really dont like him, i hate pretty much everything there is about sydney, they are the team i watch least during the year and will spew if they go back to back

C'mon Weagles! put a dent in Goodes Perfect year!!
I am with you Jazz.... The swans a a scurge on our game and often make me either change the channel or fall asleep early on a Sunday afternoon. this is without doubt my least anticipated GF since the Kangas beat the blues in 99.

WC are a great team and are great to watch but even the great skills and talent of this eagles team is no match for the swans nagative "accountable" boring football.

I also agree that Goodes did not deserve the brownlow but things like this are bound to happen from time to time when you gave f***wits the right to vote on the award.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Boyler_Room wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Well for all those who reckon that the umpires aren't the best people to give votes for players in a match, the AFL coaches have just equally voted Adam Goodes and Simon Goodwin as this season's most valuable players. I wonder where Scott West rated?

How'd you come up with that arbitrary system?
It is used in some media circles and by some clubs in their B & F systems I believe.
topdon
Club Captain

Post by topdon »

When you look at Goodes ... do you think "dual-Brownlow Medalist"? I sure don't.

He is an above average player who stands out in a very even, non-spectacular team.